Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new Blaze will not hold a charge.

l was able to synch the Blaze to my fitbit account via the iOS app, but the Blaze will not charge. The device is in the charging cradle; pins aligned; cradle snapped shut. The screen shows a small battery icon in the upper left with a single flashing red bar.

It will not charge further, no matter whether it's connected to a USB outlet (wall or charging adapter) or to a laptop port. I let the battery drain overnight and again to charge it. Same result. Low battery state. I've reset the Blaze multiple times. It briefly showed the large battery icon, but the battery never takes a charge.

I tried charging it in my wife's Blaze cradle (her device works fine). No joy.

I'd appreciate repair advice to avoid returning the device for a replacement. I've just about concluded that the device has a bad battery.

Jim

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Sounds like you may have to reach out to support - they can tell if there are issues, etc.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

@jfbrashear, Have you tried a hard reset of your Blaze yet? Go through the settings menu shut the Blaze off. Now plug it into the charger, it should turn on and start charging. If it doesnt, then it sounds like no current is going through the cable, and a call to Fitbit will be in order.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue

I've done many hard resets.  They don't help.

In the low battery state, I cannot access any menus on the device.

I've connected the device to 2 different charging cables.  Both of them charge my wife's Blaze, but will not charge mine.

I concur that a call to Fitbit (or a return to the store of purchase) may be in order.

Jim

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying the trouble-shooting steps multiple times, Fitbit is replacing the device.

To clarify:

Tried hard restart (hold left button and lower right button for 10 seconds)
Tried two charging cradles
Tried multiple USB wall outlets, laptop USB ports, USB plug adapters
Pins aligned in charging cradle
Device pressed in and clicked

Device continued to show a single red flashing bar in the battery icon. Fitbit representative said it indicates the device is not getting power.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Blaze lasts one day maximum in charge. I only synced to my phone for about 10 mins, 1 day a week to log my stats. I’ve made a bad decision buying this watch, and I’ll be returning it.

I work with 4 other people who are also having the same exact issues.

Best Answer

After 6 months of use with no problems, it stopped working midway through playing tennis. I logged the exercise and when I went to stop the event, it was dark and wouldn't activate. It had a 3/4 charge when I started. Putting it in the charger it just shows the little red bar blinking and won't charge. After several tries at resets per the Fitbit CS, it won't charge and they are sending a new one for replacement. I haven't seen any widespread reports of failures like this, so maybe it's just a fluke for some of them first off the assembly lines. Fitbit was very good about not arguing or making a big deal of it and just sent a new one. Sounds like they may have run into this issue before.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having battery issues as well.it doesn't last more than a day and a half with notification off only essentials on.and I went to charge it and it is dark and not showing any signs of life.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Funny, because I don't have this issue. They say that the battery lasts 5 days. I've made mine last for almost 6. When I do charge it, my Alta takes over. 

I just don't use the fancy stuff that comes with it. Notifications only get turned on if I really need them on.

That does sound strange. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked like a charm. Thanks bro. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i m in same boat too after 11 month of use my balze wont charge...its getting current from cradle as i sgutdown it n put it in cradle it gets on n battery indicater ssatrts blinking in upper left corner but device dont get charge....no hardreset helped me...is there anything i could do?i dont know if it gets rueturned or how to return it..if not how to get it repaired

Best Answer
0 Votes

It actually just happened to me again, and I watched the battery go from full charge to blinking red. I put it in the charger and it went back to full charge, then when I took it out back to 1 line blinking red. So it lasted from Sep2016 to Jun 2017. I called FitBit customer support and told them I did all the things on their web site, reset, shut down, charge on wall, charge on computer, etc. The support said it is a common problem, and because it was under a year, she sent me an email with a link to their blaze site form. The form let me either buy another product at 50% off or exchange for a new same item. Got it in 4 days and have it in use again. They said they are changing the instructions for charging. Never charge with a wall charger, never charge more than 4 hours. Sounds like they have a real problem with the blaze, and I wouldn't be surprised if they quit making it real quick. Bad engineering with the battery or something. Time to get something else after this one dies in 9-10 months. I like it, but it won't keep working.

Best Answer

My Blaze has been doing the same thing after a 13 months of using it. I was not able fix it as well, so I contacted costumer support and I sent them my broken tracker and now waiting for replacement. Fortunately, my warranty valid is 2 years until 5/2018. Thanks for sharing charging tips, hope that Fitbit will make those informations public on their website. 

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer service n told them i aint currently residing in USA where i bought it

They were very helpful n sending me replacement here in pakistan

I m totally amazed by their service n feel my decision to buy blaze over garmin or other product was right

5 star for fitbit 🙂

Best Answer

This is clearly a common issue. My fitbit worked for about a year and then one day went dead. None of the restarts or other suggestions worked. the battery is clearly dead. Since it was out of warranty, support told me they would sell me a new one at 25 percent discount. thanks but no thanks. this thing is clearly a lemon and judging from the comments I've seen on other forums it is a very common issue. 

Best Answer

I had the same exact problem. They acted as if I should be grateful for 25% off when all I wanted was information about how to get it fixed. My operator kept dancing around the question, and wouldn’t exactly answer about the blinking battery problem. Never using FitBit again or their “25% discount”!

Best Answer

Hey there @oliviazab, welcome to the Community.

If you are experiencing issues with your Blaze battery, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there. Now about the 25% discount, if I am not wrong you can use that discount in any other Fitbit device except the Ionic, you can check this page where you will be able to compare all the Fitbit trackers and the warranty policy.

See you around. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat. This is why #FitBit tanking (was trading for $50 now trading at $5) at wall street and on verge of bankrupt.  It doesn't make sense that they doesn't care post sell support the moment you pass warranty window . How can they abandon their customer . Why pay $200-250 for a product without post sales support outside warranty. At least Apple offer post sales support for their watches and it gradually catching with matching metric. If Fitbit don't listen us they will be out of business sooner than they anticipated.  

Why someone buy another product at 25% discount from list price.. isn't you get same kind of discount when you buy from 3rd party website like Amazon , Walmart..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and have reached out to Fitbit support. Hope they find a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If 1 year is past then your blaze is not covered by Fitbit. During purchase if you had both extended warrenty then they may request you to send device to them and if they dont fix they will issue you covered amount.

Fitbit simply offer 25% discount for any new purchase from their website and IMHO its not good deal as usually price on their website have 25% markup.

Best Answer
0 Votes