Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Clock Display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit. Why can't the time be displayed at all times on Blaze!!! Very annoying. Going from surge where I could always know what time it is back to a blank screen (and NO. It does not always turn on when I move my wrist to check time. Only occasionally does it do that). Better update soon to make that an option.
And while you're at it. Make the swipe to steps right there. Jeesh. Have to swipe to Today then look. Really awkward and unconvenient.
Unhappy with new toy

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Okay there are two separate things here. First is the desire to have the display always on for whatever reason such as during an activity where you won't be doing the gestures required to trigger screen activation but want to see the screen. An always on option would drain the battery but as on option would not affect anyone not wanting to use it.
The second is the fact that people have reported quick view is not reliable for them. Fitbit knows how many Blazes were sold but they don't know how many people have issues with quick view. If it works perfectly for you, great! If not, please 'like' and speak up so it can be looked at. Let's work together so everyone can be happy with their Blaze.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Having the time up all the time would absolutely kill the battery life, thats why it turns off after 15 or so seconds. 

Best Answer

Some of the clock faces have the steps on them.....perhaps that will be more to your liking.....

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Hi @ACT1 - I suspect that this was done to preserve/extend the battery life. To you point, however, it could set up as a user option with the understanding that having your display always on will greatly diminish the battery life. You might want to add that as a request here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features

Best Answer

The Surge uses an LCD screen like most clocks,  they depend on an external light, and use almost no electricity. The Blaze however generates its own light and as stated above is a battery hog

Best Answer

Go to settings and turn the quick view on to see the time when you turn your wrist.  If you also use the original screen, you can change the bottom of the clock dial to anything you want, steps included.  Turning your wrist with the quick view will always show the time and steps.

Best Answer

My time on my new Blaze is wrong. I can't find any options to change it. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

@Sean312  Under settings - double check your time zone.  (From the app or the dashboard)

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
The time zone and even time of day comes from your phone. If they are synced via BT this should be automatic.
Best Answer

This timezone does come from the phone settings,  if the timezone is set footer auto in the app. Having auto tomezone rurned off it is possible to overide the phones location. 

Best Answer
Strongly agree with you. It is a watch and should reliably tell the time. The quick view function is a compromise that is unreliable. Imagine wearing a normal watch where sometimes when you look at it to see the time the face is blank. This is a defective feature. Are they erroring on undersensitivity on purpose for the sake of marketing battery life?
If they cannot improve it then there must be a workaround provided, such an always on option as suggested.
Best Answer
An always on option would deplete the battery in only a few hours. The other option is to change the display to a mono LCD type like the Surge.
Best Answer
0 Votes

But as soon as said option is implemented, OP will be the first to complain that the Blaze dies within 24 hours and will be hollering that they should improve battery life. An always on option will just make it look generally bad as it will kill the already pretty low battery life.

Best Answer
I am finding that the rotate to view feature works great. I agree, with lcd if the backlight is on the battery is getting hit. This is a needed trade off for a bright color display with today's tech.
Best Answer
Also- I wouldn't like the bright display always on at night...
Best Answer
For many years after digital watches came oit, they all had LED displays, and all of them had a button to turn the display on, so i can imagine having to do a step to look at the screen. For me by the time my arm is where i can read the display, it has slready turned on.
Best Answer
Okay there are two separate things here. First is the desire to have the display always on for whatever reason such as during an activity where you won't be doing the gestures required to trigger screen activation but want to see the screen. An always on option would drain the battery but as on option would not affect anyone not wanting to use it.
The second is the fact that people have reported quick view is not reliable for them. Fitbit knows how many Blazes were sold but they don't know how many people have issues with quick view. If it works perfectly for you, great! If not, please 'like' and speak up so it can be looked at. Let's work together so everyone can be happy with their Blaze.
Best Answer

I'd love to have an always on option even though it drains battery.

I missed my Fitbit Surge for that clock face always on.

I don't mind charging it more often.

Please provide that option!!!

People who don't want it still have an option not to use it.

Best Answer

I would love the ability to have the watch face enabled all the time.  I don't mind that I would end up having to charge more frequently (even daily) due to battery drain.

More importantly, I would love it if the screen would at least activate automatically whenever a notification is received since quick view only works around 30-40% of the time for me.

Best Answer

Think I will order the Garmin VivoActive due to the always on display.

Nothing annoyed me more than my Charge HR not displaying the time.  Returned it.

Was hoping the Blaze would have been more like the Surge and displayed the time, even if it was an ambient display.  Something is better than nothing!

Best Answer