Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Clock Display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit. Why can't the time be displayed at all times on Blaze!!! Very annoying. Going from surge where I could always know what time it is back to a blank screen (and NO. It does not always turn on when I move my wrist to check time. Only occasionally does it do that). Better update soon to make that an option.
And while you're at it. Make the swipe to steps right there. Jeesh. Have to swipe to Today then look. Really awkward and unconvenient.
Unhappy with new toy

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

The blaze not having a watch-display always-on function is currently the main reason I have not bought one yet. Please Fitbit, use the chance you have with a great product and let the USEr decide, how he/she want's to USE it! I'm not paying for a watch that wants any kind of interaction just to show me the time, it should do that by itself... It's a watch!

Best Answer

But an ambient screen would not be shining at full force.  It would be lighter, say 50% or so.  This would allow those of us who cannot see the alarm clock, due to poor vision, to look at our watches to know what time it is.  Just a thought.

Best Answer

Quick view does not work at all even tapping the face takes several hard taps and finally the display turns on, sometimes.... Most of the time i have to press teh side button to get the display tot light up.

Best Answer

The blaze has a touch screen, you should tap it as hard as you tap the keyboard of your phone. I also found if the finger slides on the screen the tap doesn't work. A very gentle touch and lift works best for me.

Best Answer
Don't care about having to charge more frequently, need to be able to see the time, the arm shake to wake it up rarely works
Best Answer

I would not expect an arm shake to work, the Blaze is looking for a twist of the wrist while the lower arm is in somewhat of a horizontal line. Take the Blaze off the wrist, place it flat on a table, remive from frame if needed to. Now lift the far side up so it is on its edge, you will see the Blaze screen turn on.

Now naturally raise the arm, don't twist yet, up as to look at the time. Now with the arm parrellel to the floor, twist the wrist so the display can be seen.

Once the idea is realized, muscle memory will soon kick in. Raising the arm, and delaying the twist of the wrist until the arm is close to parallel to the ground will become natural.

Best Answer

Agreed - options are preferred.  I would also like to suggest additional clock face options in the next download.  

Best Answer

Only received my Blaze yesterday........................

Dissapointed with it already Smiley Sad

The clock face never comes up when I move my wrist, the steps and heart rate counter appear................the step counter seems way out of kilter......I only have to do a few steps and it seems to rack up 100++

Few things to sort I feel? Unless as a complete novice I've not set it up right?!?!

Best Answer

Go to the last menu on the Blaze - keep sliding to the right until you get to settings

tap on it

Quick View - is it set to On for when you raise your wrist?

Steps - I entered my info - height, weight, age and mine works great - 

I checked by counting the steps and comparing to the Blaze - no issues - 

One week in and I really like it - 

Best Answer

I read this original request as an ask for the clock to be visible at all times regardless of which screen you are on.  So not a always on feature for the screen, but a always display the time even if on the activity screen or the today screen.

Best Answer

If it never works either there is a fault with the device or you are not making the right arm movement. I'm sitting here with my laptop on my lap and whenever I bring my watch up to look at it comes on.  As has been noted before, you need to get the right raise and twist movement. Its not difficult but I've found if I bring my arm up too slowly it doesn't display.

Best Answer

Nortons should tell you what the the risk is about. Is it.

Best Answer

There are MANY watches that have an all day clock display so it can be done.

Best Answer

Yes if you look at those many watches they are not using a display that lights up, but requires external lighting to see. Many of them like the Surge depend on backlighting, which require a button to be pressed for viewing in the dark. 

Leaving the display on all the time will require daily charging of the watch. Others have reported excess heat being generated when the Blaze screen was not responding and stuck on, and the battery only lasting about 30 hours. 

No thank you, a simple lift if the arm with a twist of the wrist near the end of the arm lift move will turn the display on.. Just a mention about this, the arm needs to be close to horazontal, being near parallel to the floor, before the rotation of the wrist is made. I find it fairly easy to light up even while laying in bed. 

Best Answer
Yes, I definitively agree fitbit should provide the always on option ! What kind of watch is it when you can'take read time at all times?? Extremely annoying feature. I am pretty sure one could limit battery consumption by having a low profile display with time only and low lighting (just like the surge indeed)
This is really a mess to ostensibly turn the wrist and wait for half a second for the time to display... those designers have ever worn it in reaLondon conditions
Best Answer

I had a Surge, and couldn't believe that Fitbit actually designed an expensive watch without replaceable bands.  Had I known in advance, I never would have bought it.  Very frustrating to discard a perfectly good piece of expensive electronics because it is permanently attached to cheap plastic/rubber.  So I mistakenly thought that getting the Blaze was the solution.  I received it this afternoon, and I knew within the first hour that I am going to return it.  Who designs a watch where you can't see the time?  That's the purpose of a watch!  I don't want to rotate and twist in a certain way to get it to display the time.  If I'm in a meeting, I want to be able to inconspicuously glance down at my still watch and observe the time.  I just tried to read the time while working on the computer, and the display fianlly came on the third time I twisted my arm.  I won't put up with that.   Embarrassing engineering!  I remember back in the 1970's when the LED watches came out, the display was blank until you pushed a button.  That was over 4 decades ago, but apparently Fitbit thinks that is still acceptable technology.  Looks like no more Fitbit watches for me until they get a new design staff.  They have to function and last in the real world!

Best Answer
I understand the concern here, but not every product is perfect. If you simply don't like it, get something else---problem solved.
Best Answer
Doesn't every clock face have the time always on the screen? Hmm thought mine did
Best Answer

Im not too fussed about the screen always being on to view the time, but it would be useful if it was always on when using the stopwatch and timers.

Sometimes I take it off to time some exercises (planks and ab work) and its next to useless!

Best Answer
I don't know of any watch with an LED display that stays on all the time, not evens the AW. There have been reports of the display being stuck on with the battery dying within hours.
Best Answer