Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Music Control Information Post

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Music Control gets a facelift with Blaze! Learn more about your power to control music below. For a more detailed look at Music Control on your Blaze, please see this help article.

Music Control:

With Blaze, you can control your music with the touch of a button! To access Music Control, simply swipe downward on your home screen. Improvements to this feature include a Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) connection for iOS instead of BT Classic. We've also added the ability to rewind and increase/decrease the volume of the song, in addition to fast forwarding and play/pause. 

Screenshot 2016-02-19 13.32.59.png

Notes

• Android and Windows phones will still use BT Classic for using Music Control. 
  • While in exercise mode, press/hold Blaze's top-right button for 2 seconds to bring Music Control up. 
  • You'll use both buttons on the right to control volume on Blaze. See image to the right.
  • As with most other Bluetooth devices, if you connect another Bluetooth device and disconnect your Blaze, you will have to connect it again the next time you want to use it to control music.

No matter what you're rocking out to, we're sure you'll love using Music Control on Blaze! 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291
I just got my Blaze today. When I got to settings and then scroll to Bluetooth Classic, I cannot get that function to switched to pair. Nothing happens.
Best Answer
Tap on it,you'll have 3 options, on,pair,and off.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hope that helps Nianya.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I already tried tapping on the Bluetooth Classic function. Nothing happened.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Is your cell phones Bluetooth connected to Blaze Classic,not Blaze?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just set up my Blaze today with my G4 (Marshmallow).  I was able to pair without issue, but initially it would only control volume, it wouldn't show me what was playing.  I restarted the Blaze and it now displays the track I'm playing but the play/pause button does not seem to do anything, so I think there are still some bugs to be worked out here...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I use music control for sirius app. I can pa use but once I pause it I can't play it again. Using s5 phone
Best Answer
0 Votes
With my music control once it is playing and I hit pause button or back or forward it stops working and says no.music
Best Answer
0 Votes
Got my music working last night, but had to restart Blaze this morning to
get it to connect to music.

Nianya
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it will start and stop the music through your headphones
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze paired flawelessly with my iPhone 6S, and music controls are working great right out of the box. Only minor complaint I have @EmersonFitbit is that if I start a workout from my Blaze (instead of the app) I do not have access to the music controls while the workout is running on the Blaze's screen. No swiping down works for the controls. It appears I can't have my cake and eat it, too - either have real time stats on my wrist so I can tuck my phone away while running, or have music controls on my wrist, but it doesn't matter because I'd have to have my phone out to see stats.

Ultimately I prefer to be able to see the stats on my wrist - there are just times when "Boy I'd like to hear that song again as I tackle this hill that's coming up, give me a little oomph". So I'm not sure if that's something that can be eventually updated in a firmware update or if it's truly a limitation of the Blaze's hardware.

Would love to hear back on the possibilities.

Edited to add: When I have access to the controls, they do work for both iTunes and Amazon Music on iOS

Best Answer

I have found, if you press and hold the top button on the two button side whie in exercise mode, the music controls pop up.

Best Answer

@tps123 wrote:

I have found, if you press and hold the top button on the two button side whie in exercise mode, the music controls pop up.

Boom! Look at that, it does. Super, thanks so much for the input, learn something new every day!!

Best Answer

@jvincent78 It took me a few weeks to find/use every feature on the Blaze. I still use it differently dependent on my mood. 

@tps123 Thanks for the assist!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Well, all of suddent the music controls work today.  Obviously they don't work predictably though, so Fitbit needs to look at this as a lot of people are having issues...

Best Answer
0 Votes
My music controls worked this morning but are not working now. Bluetooth is
connected. There must be a bug in the firmware.

Nianya
Best Answer
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. . .Blaze is connected via Bluetooth and music function worked this morning. Now it just keeps flashing connecting and won't work. Not happy with my newest Fitbit toy. This is my third. Started with Charge, then HR and I preordered the Blaze so I could get it on day 1.

Nianya
Best Answer
0 Votes

Apps that came with your phone when you originally got it --- ones tied with its operating system. In apple devices that's itunes. Android phones have a "Music" app. Those are the ones most likely to tie in rather than third party apps like pandora or spotify. That being said, some have been able to link with pandora and spotify in classic mode.  I just checked and my blaze connected with Amazon Music.

For reference I have a Samsung S5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

New Blaze (yea?) iPhone 6  iOS 9.3

Paired immediately..however music controls i.e. skipping songs DOES NOT WORK  

I would appreciate it if my Blaze worked like my Surge... Literally it (my Surge) will turn my music on while my phone is safely tucked away (I don't have to start my Music app first), allows me to skip songs at my leisure... Guys: I can control volume on my wireless headsets, skipping songs I have become hooked on

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Blaze works intermittently with Amazon music. Although I have the regular music app on my Galaxy Note 5, I rarely use it.

Nianya
Best Answer
0 Votes