Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze back button not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys, this is my second blaze. I am a big fan of fitbit and have been using it for quite some time now. BUT there have been some software issues in every model i use. My first blaze had a software issue where in the device wasnt counting floors. The customer support was very helpful and replaced my device. The second blaze was working fine till a few days but now the back button has stopped working. I tried going through the alteady mentioned articles but none helped. If any more suggestions to get this button to work will be very helpful. I will contact the customer support today via phone.

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

It's great to welcome you @MayankS and thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself.

Regarding to your button, you may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Canned air worked with mine

Best Answer

My blaze back button stopped working - can't reset or see any screen other than today. No notifications come thorough. Suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Flynnjp and @Ls90 thanks for stopping by.

I am glad to hear that your tracker's button is now working @Ls90, thanks for sharing the solution with us. @Flynnjp Have you tried the instructions I provided in my previous post? If you haven't, please take a look at it and try those tips.

See you around. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi guys, my fitbit back button started to work but not because of any troubleshooting measures but a basic home measure. I tapped on the screen side over the back button and viola, it worked. I wont recommend it but it worked for me. But still there is an issue with the hardware cause this method means that something is loose somewhere. So fitbit guys please work on this issue and get the new blaze models on track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also clean the screen with a cotton tip sprayed with wd40 then I go back over it with rain x on a cotton tip to repel moisture and rain . Is this ok I have had no issues with this as it keeps the FitBit looking brand new and in working order

Best Answer

Hi again - tried all troubleshooting tips suggested with no luck. Back button still not working. Only screen I'm able to view is today activity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad to hear that your trackers are now working @Ls90 and @MayankS. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it. Now @Flynnjp, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

See you around. Woman Happy

Best Answer

I also can't get my Blaze back button to work. Tried all the suggestions on these posts - any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello alejandra,

The problem with my blaze has again come up. The back button just doesn't work. I have made a video of the same and will be sending it to the customer support. Hopefully i would get a replacement. The problem persist in this model so i request if you guys can look into the matter and try and get a software update to permanently resolve this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The other reason why my back button didn't work was the case was put on wrong and the button on the case jammed fixed it with a cottonball and soapy water on the band case

Best Answer

I would like to know if you have already contacted our support team @MayankS, have you received a solution for this? @gazzie welcome to the Forums, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further instructions and @Ls90 great to see you here!

Catch you later. Woman Wink

Best Answer
I actually just followed the instructions to reset the device and all worked fine after that. Obviously there is a little bug-ette somewhere in the device 🙂

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse any typo's
Best Answer

I've been having this issue for several weeks now.  Yes, I've tried all the suggestions I could find on here and by doing a google of the issue.  This seems to be a pretty wide-spread issue.  The button worked very briefly after taking it off the charger once and I used that opportunity to perform a reset to no avail.  This appears to be a software issue because the same button works every time in order to turn it back on after doing a shutdown, but once the device boots, it no longer functions.  I called Fitbit support, but was told I'm SOL because I'm a few months past the one-year warranty.  I truly don't understand why I would have to buy a brand new device due to a software issue, and don't have faith that the new one wouldn't develop the same issue.  I'm extremely disappointed in the response I got from customer service regarding this issue (basically, buy a new one and throw the old one away).

I should also mention that this started happening after the battery died while tracking a bicycle exercise.  After charging the blaze back up, that's when the button stopped working.  It may be a random coincidence, but I thought I would throw it out there in case it it might have some relevance. It was the first and only time I let the battery run out while tracking an exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gazzie

I'm curious how you were able to perform a reset if your left button wasn't working.  According to all the instructions I found, the only way to perform a reset is by holding down the left button and the bottom right button at the same time.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems that the button combination must have worked - strange huh? 🙂

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse any typo's
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes alejandra, i have contacted the customer support and sending my blaze to one of your warehouse for a replacement. Thanks for the help. Will keep you posted in case of any issues.

Best Answer

It's great to see you all you guys around @cochrasc@gazzie and @MayankS.

@gazzie it's great to hear that your tracker is now working, if you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it. @MayankS I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a replacement, at the moment of receiving it, just do the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Now @cochrasc, as recommended before to our friend, please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Catch you later. Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the record, I got the same response via email that I got from the phone call I made to support:  You're past the warranty, so you're on your own.  Buy a new one.

I honestly don't see why I should have to buy a new device when everything is pointing to a software issue, not a hardware issue.

The button works 100% of the time in order to turn it on after it's been shut down.

The button *usually* works for a minute or two after rebooting, then just stops working again until reset.  I haven't been able to reliably get it working for more than a few minutes at a time.

For most people on this thread and others, a reset fixes the problem.

None of this points to a hardware issue.  Why should I be responsible for purchasing a new device if the problem lies with the software?  This entire issue has really soured me on FitBit as a company.  I've been a loyal customer for for the past 7+ years through 4 different devices, and yet they won't be loyal to me because my I'm 4 months past warranty on a problem that appears to be their fault.  I guess I'll have to look elsewhere, which stinks because I really liked the Blaze a lot, but I won't be buying another one if this is how they treat customers with valid issues.

Best Answer