Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery doesn't last

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit blaze for at least a year. My battery does not hold a charge for what is told that it does. What do I do for this ? Will Fitbit replace my blaze or replace and fix my battery?? Please let me know ! 

Thanks ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
156 REPLIES 156

To be honest I don’t find them accurate to be fair I drive a lorry all day and I can get 7000 steps just by changing gear haven’t even walked anywhere 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's possible device was no longer in warranty, you can check the complete warranty policy here, this could start counting from the date or purchase @JoshKY85

Thank you for your sharing your experience with this and the battery you purchased @Yanto36

And Thank you for your feedback about the products as well, I'm sorry to see the experience has been negative. I also noticed you mentioned that you've upgraded your device, are you still having trouble with the Blaze battery or the topics mentioned in this thread @Niecy17

@bvashus, could you please provide a few more details about what you've experienced? Have you also tried some of the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier? Please keep us posted. 

@mjm1951, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team, but it seems that you already got in touch with them about the battery draining too fast. I do recommend that you continue the assistance process with them to find a solution. 

Thank you for sharing your experience with Support @MGB2

Keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there!  I’m also experiencing short battery life issues. My Blaze was given as a gift in December 2017. In the last week, went from 2-3 days of holding a charge to barely 24 hours. Have tried all of the remediation steps offered in the community without any improvements. Can Fitbit help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You don't know until you try 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit support on twitter helped me most, mine did same thing I think it has something to do with updates they are releasing, but good luck and try twitter, they acknowledged mine was a battery failure but wouldn’t help due to only a year warranty 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoshKY85 wrote:

Fitbit support on twitter helped me most, mine did same thing I think it has something to do with updates they are releasing, but good luck and try twitter, they acknowledged mine was a battery failure but wouldn’t help due to only a year warranty 

You have documentation from them the issue was caused by updates? Can I get a copy of that please? I would be very interested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No documentation to prove that update is pushing out old devices just a idea on how mine just randomly went from fine to dying within 24 hrs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Yanto36 wrote:

Well haven’t you got a 2 year warranty 

like in the uk

Mine was just out of warranty so pretty much tough luck Fitbit said 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

It is a one year warranty in the United States with a second year warranty sold at the time of checkout at a rate proportional to the price of the device. I believe the Blaze was $30 or $40, I honestly cannot recall the price.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all the information and confirming that you already tried the steps suggested in the forums @Walkthusly . I've sent your details to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon; please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience @mjm1951  and @NatalieJackman

While sending your information to Customer Support I've been informed that you already have a case created with them for further assistance, since all troubleshooting in the forums has been performed, I do recommend that you continue the process with them so they can provide you with the next steps. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been ecperiencing same problem for past 2 days now.  Charged fitbit again this afternoon and now about 8 hours later its red again.  Why is this happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your inquiry @Gibby1967, and welcome to the Community forums. 

The Fitbit Blaze battery can last up to 5 days. Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary. However, it certainly shouldn't be of 8 hours or just one day. 

Other users in this thread are experiencing something similar, if you haven't done so already, please confirm if you already tried all the steps mentioned in this article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? 

I hope this helps, please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  I have been onto live chat today who checked and confirmed that there is a fault as fitbit still under warranty it is being replaced 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent, thank you for the update @Gibby1967Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having battery issues. My battery will start fully charged for a day and after a few hours it'll be dead. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Suggest you eMail the Fitbit help centre, copy of invoice [12 month Warranty]
And ask for a replacement, they will ask you a few questions
I think it was 3 or 4 emails .

Cheers

MGB
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried raising cases and been through all the suggested steps but my 2.5 yr old blaze's battery is not lasting half a day now with no notifications, no music playing and hardly any activity (sat at work). It's my birthday in June and I have a Garmin on my wish list to see if that lasts any longer as I can;t afford a new smartwatch every 2.5 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bml_4470, welcome to the forums, and thank you for the information provided, it seems that you have already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. You should be getting a reply soon. 

@MGB2, thank you for sharing your experience with the Customer Support team. 

@hullrichuk, it's good to know that you already tried all basic troubleshooting steps for battery draining problems. I noticed you also mentioned having raised cases, could you please confirm if you already contacted the Customer Support team? Maybe using a different e-mail address? Please let me know, otherwise I can certainly help sending your information to them for further help. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes