Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everybody! I don't usually uses blaze while I work. I put it on the table. After about four hours, the blaze turned to 60% batteries from 100%. Any power-down mode can I use in the blaze?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
905 REPLIES 905

Another Blaze here with an apparently end-of-life battery.

Like you others I have gone from charging every 5 days to every 5 hours.

I have loved the last couple of years of being able to walk past watch shops as I would never take off my Blaze in case I lost some steps.

I was thinking about moving up to a Versa but not if it suffers from the same battery issues (though 75% off rather than 25% may change my mind).

I am looking forward to hearing about the battery replacement attempts!

Cheers

Best Answer
Yes, I also think it looks complicated. Fortunately I have a husband who is able to fix most things so I will be handing it all to him! Will let you know how it goes although it will be a while...

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

When is Fitbit going to take the Blaze off the market. It's battery is faulty and they know it. So many consumers complain about it. You should not replace the battery. 

What is the expected life time of a Fitbit Blaze. My first one lasted 14 month, my replacement 8 months. Fitbit won't replace it for me again.

This is a very expensive gadget and a very risky buy. I am certainly never going to buy a Fitbit product again.

How can consumers protect themselves from this kind of business?

Best Answer

Well, replace it yourself ... 10 minutes of your time and $5 for the battery 😃 and you are again good to go ...

my battery lasted 25 month (original) and the replacement expanded the battery life to 6/7 days / charge 😃

Best Answer

Where did you buy your battery for Blaze. Thanks man

Best Answer

@Deividas wrote:

Where did you buy your battery for Blaze. Thanks man

eBay item number:

eBay item number:

They differ in size and capacity... i was able to fit the larger one inside but it is very tight.
$12 for 4 -> $3 each ... 
I ordered 4 because i think the battery will not last as long as the orginal i had ...but we will see 😃 i am happy

Shenzhen batteries 😉 might also be the place where the original is produced =P
Best Answer

Same!! My Aria lasted 13 months. My Blaze has NEVER held a charge the way it should... But after only a few months, I'm literally down to one day. I called when it went down to 2.5 days or so, and they were ridiculous. Wanted me to jump through all these hoops to "test" it, when we all know they can see the cycle of charge and drain. I don't have time for that nonsense, but I guess I'm going to have to do it now to get a replacement. Blaze is a very expensive **ahem**, [haha -- they bleeped a common acronym for "piece of....."], service is deplorable. Heading over to Garmin next time.

Best Answer

On a Blaze?! I would totally do this!! Can I find instructions online or something? Have no idea how to get into it, nor what type of battery to buy. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry -- saw the battery info in the thread. Have no idea how to get to the battery, but can likely figure it out. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery is not supposed to be replaced. Fitbit customer service made it clear to me. The Blaze is just a big mistake and I really think that they should reimburse all of us even if it is no longer under warranty, just like it is done with other products. 

I switched over to Polar. 

Is customer service even reading our complaints? 

Best Answer

@Carola_Kirchner wrote:

The battery is not supposed to be replaced. Fitbit customer service made it clear to me. The Blaze is just a big mistake and I really think that they should reimburse all of us even if it is no longer under warranty, just like it is done with other products. 

I switched over to Polar. 

Is customer service even reading our complaints? 

Nah that is just a lazy answer....

it is supposed to be replaced otherwise the case would not just pop open after you unscrew the 4 little ones -> the whole replacement takes 10 minutes...

Even if "they" do not do it ... look for somebody who can solder and can open the 4 screws and you are done and good to go again.

Easy. If you live in Europe i can send you a battery 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm in the same boat. I tried to replace the battery without success, and
threw my Blaze in the trash. I will never purchase another FitBit device
again.
Best Answer

I live in Namibia. My point was that one should be able to charge the battery and by replacing the battery would it still be able to be charged.

I will take it to a local watch dealer and see if they can help me.

Best Answer

Did not get that 100% but do you want to know if you can charge the watch after replacing the battery?

The answer is yes .... fitbit does not even know that you changed it ...and it works ... you just need to get the right size for the battery 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all this..and this doesn't make any difference what so ever ...I've been contact with support who informed me that there is an issue and tech  team are dealing with this problem ... 

Best Answer

hi, my fitbit has suddenly started needing a daily charge as well, odd that there are no posts regarding the success or failure of replacing the battery. if anyone has managed it successfully please post as i am reluctant to go back to a Garmin or something similar.

thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Pappahog, maybe no-one’s posted as it takes a while to get a battery! Anyway, my replacement battery arrived a few days ago and since then my husband has managed to insert it into the Blaze, very fiddly as the parts are so tiny. Initially some functions were working, others not, he’s tweaked it a bit and it seems to be working fine at present. But I’ve only been wearing for a day, no nights yet, so I can’t say if it’s actually ok re battery life yet. All functions seem to be working well though. You do need to be quite handy to replace the battery, you can’t just take the old one out and put in the new one. As others have said above, see the instructions on the ifixit site. If battery continues to drain fast I’ll probably go for a Charge 2 or Alta HR, I do love the Fitbit app and functionality! Good luck 😉

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

thank you for replying, i guess it takes a long time to get a battery then...i didnt realise China was the only option for replacement ((just assumed the cheapest) i will watch a tutorial tonight after work and then decide if thats the right way for me to go. i dont have the most delicate touch but am prepared to have a go at most things ask my gf 😉 

failing that im not sure, had a garmin perviously it was okay. much better battery life but it was cheap and limited, this was my first foray into a smart watch/tracker. generally very pleased but the battery thing seems to be a big ball ache and if im paying £150 plus i dont expect these issues.

again thanks for your info 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey, not saying China is the only place, might be able to get it from elsewhere a bit quicker but as it was a bit of a punt didn’t really mind if it took a while. I agree it’s ridiculous to pay that much when the battery only lasts 2 years! Hope you get on ok, good luck 😉

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting! My Blaze's battery has suddenly started behaving itself. I checked my phone the other day and discovered that it hadn't synced with my Blaze since early May! Once I fixed that issue, battery life appears to be OK again but I am monitoring it closely. Definitely not burning juice as quickly as it was. Anyone want to but a spare 302030 Lipo battery? Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes