Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everybody! I don't usually uses blaze while I work. I put it on the table. After about four hours, the blaze turned to 60% batteries from 100%. Any power-down mode can I use in the blaze?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
905 REPLIES 905
James,
Some good points - I would rather stick with the Blaze, but the battery needs replacing. I’m not going to buy another Fitbit - I’ll probably buy another brand, maybe even an Apple Watch.

The Blaze was part of my life, looked smart and worked well. I’m not a fan of consumable tech - with a little thought and investment Fitbit could become a trailblazer by extending the life of their products by offering to replace batteries in their products for a reasonable cost or, as you suggest, offer substantial discounts for trading in used products.

I doubt if anyone is reading / listening to our concerns.

So, farewell Fitbit.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have had my fitbit Blaze for about 3 years and 3 months and the battery has always given me between 4 and 5 days, more like 4 days near the end. Anyways all of a sudden earlier this week the battery only lasts about 4 or 5 hours. I had tried all of the recommendations and fixes with no luck. I guess the battery has just gotten to old with too many re-charge cycles or something. If anything can be done please let me know as I love this watch and wear it 24/7 since I got it.

Thanks,

Brian

Best Answer
Brian~
If you google "battery replacement for Blaze" you should pull up a service
that does this. It is not cheap, imo...about half the cost of replacing the
watch. But if there is nothing else wrong with it, you can get another 2-3
years out of it, at least.

James
Best Answer
0 Votes

See my previous posts. It's not hard to replace the battery; imo the people charging $60 are opportunists. Or you can probably get a local hackerspace to do it for you; I suggest you buy a kit on fleabay and walk in on one of their meetings with a gift of decent beer. Probably much much cheaper than the opportunists, and you may make some new geeky friends. win/win!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, there's no easy solution except pony up more money to buy a new unit - 25% discount is all you'll get, and usually for their less popular models. I'm on my 4th Fitbit but the last one lasted just over a year, which leads me to believe this is built-in "planned obsolescence" to shorten the replacement cycle. I'm pulling the plug and will be less reliant on one more gadget that we don't really need. We don't really have to count each step that we take, each floor that we climb and each calorie that we lose. All we need is to be mindful of the need to stay active throughout the day, walk as much as we can and have a healthy diet. We already have the most effective and most powerful fitness tool we can ever have, at no cost - our brain!

Best Answer
Very nicely put. I feel the same way. A $30 pedometer counts my steps and there is no battery or updates to fail and it is far more accurate in counting steps. With my fitbits I had to remember to shake it enough times to catch up to my 8 year old pedometer. Fitbit counts arm movements not steps. The other stuff I. An actually do without.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to visit the Community, and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your feedback and thoughts about the Blaze, as well for the steps that some of you tried to get your devices working correctly. I see where are you coming from about your Blaze battery not lasting and I'm sorry about the frustration this situation has caused you. Our team works on our products based on the comments posted in the Community, and I'm sure yours will not go unnoticed as it helps us to improve our devices and their performance.

@QT_M, welcome on board. Although you've tried some steps, please check our charging instructions to make sure your device is being charged correctly. Also, review our help article with tips to extend your Fitbit's device life? Give it a try and if the issue persists, reply back to this post so I can request a case for you.

In case you notice your Fitbit is having issues charging, you can also check this: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Too late ... my Fitbit Blaze is now sitting in the drawer... pointless trying to use it anymore.
I’m looking for an alternative fitness tracker.... will not buy another Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have a problem with both my and my wifes Fitbit Blazes. Both have recently started losing power very quickly (within a couple of hours they are flat). This was following an update to the application.

Now my wifes will not charge at all (and shows a temperature overhearing symbol) and my screen will not show at all when charging.

Its very disappointing given that we have both had them and used them daily for the last year or two.

Is there a number for support that anyone has as it appears the last update has broken both of our fitbit Blazes.

There does not appear to be a support number or method of complaint that I can find anywhere.

Please can anyone help (or should I just take to twitter) ?

Best Answer
My feelings exactly. Good luck in your search😎

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Hi, I wasted weeks playing email ping pong with the Support people - total waste of time, offered no real help ... please see my previous messages in this forum. I haven’t been able to use my Blaze for over a week now.
I’m done with Fitbit .., now looking at other manufacturers.

Good luck, but don’t expect much help from Fitbit- it is clear that they don’t wish to assist loyal customers.

The aim seems to be to make the Blaze a disposable item.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks Dave.

You are absolutely right. Fitbit have no customer service to speak of and I have just wasted an hour talking to someone who suggested I buy a new Fitbit and throw my blaze away. I am very disappointed and looking at legal options as the Blaze is clearly not fit for purpose.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I wonder if anyone working at Fitbit really reads these comments ? Could just be an automatic message sending device... whatever it is ... Fitbit obviously doesn’t want to retain customers... or else it would address the Blaze Battery Scandal with actions, not just empty words.

Best Answer

These "user communities" are just one way of companies saying to their customers "go help yourself" (to put it diplomatically). The better ones listen and take a cue especially from common complaints and use them to improve their product. Others - and I now include Fitbit in this group, couldn't care less, not thinking that their community of users share their complaints as well as their grievances. Before long, they will find that such communities will work against their interest if they continue to ignore and disregard the legitimate issues that are being raised.

Best Answer
I think that you are probably correct - I have not heard of anyone on this forum who has had a positive and meaningful response from Fitbit customer "care".
Best Answer

Hello~
I may be the exception, rather than the rule. But I had Fitbit replace my
original charge HR, even after the warranty date, free of charge. The
original offer had been the standard 25%. They sent me a new unit, which
lasted about a year. My Blaze had been much better than that, although it's
battery life is not the same, these days. That said, their policies need to
change in meaningful ways, if they hope to maintain their customer base.
They also need to boost the durability of their products and provide an
easy way to replace batteries. This just makes business sense. I read in
the paper, today, that Fitbit is looking to be acquired by Google. We'll
see what happen.
James
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well said, but unfortunately most likely true.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the battery replacement work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did. Now do bear in mind the commonly available batteries of the correct physical size are marked 120 mAh vs the originals supposedly 160 mAh, same size. So we'd not expect the same run time nor service life as the originals. OTOH they cost only a few dollars on fleabay. I swapped in mine, and now get about 1.5-2 days reliable operation, which I consider entirely satisfactory.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the Charge 3 and I bought it to replace my old basic Fitbit about 4 months ago. I've had until now a good weeks use between charge. I amlost always charge from when the screen comes up with the warning sign and give it full charge before using it again. This has worked very well until this week and suddenly from full charge I am getting a day before its completely dead. I fully charged it today and in 2 hours it is now on 76%! No changes have been made to my settings so all is same as before. Please help - is it faulty and can I get a new battery via the warranty?

Best Answer