Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have only had my Fitbit Blaze for 3 months. I really enjoy it, but I have had issues with the battery.

I can charge it over night and the next morning it will only last a few hours. The Fitbit cuts off and show that the battery is dead, but when I plug it in the charger it says it has charge. I have turned the unit completely off and on. I have turned off the auto view, messages and turned the light to auto. It still will only stay charged for only a few hours. I then turned off the auto all day sync and again it only last for a few hours. This has been going on for about 2 weeks, so I need some help please.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

This has recently happened to me as well.  The battery, which used to last for 5 days or so, now needs to be charged every day.  I hope someone can provide a solution.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Mine now lasts only a few hours and to be honest can't be bothered with all the nonsense

Ken Drew

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

Is Fitbit pushing us to buy their new watch Versa by ruining the old ones?

Best Answer

It seems like it. I haven't heard from support and the watch is useless because of battery and HR not working (But blinking). Everyone is getting av 25% discount on the new models...Uggh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thanks for your participation in the Forums.

Regarding the battery issues that you all are experiencing, I saw here that some of you have already contacted our support team, have they offered a solution for this? Can you please tell me which troubleshoot have you tried so far? If you haven't tried anything yet, I suggest taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

For the ones that have received a 25% discount, remember that you can use to purchase any of the Fitbit trackers (except the new units) and in this page, you will be able to compare them all. Maybe there is one that you might like. 

See you around. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alejandra: I think many of us feel that we purchased this particular fitbit model because of the features and benefits that it offers. I was told to turn off all notifications and then test out the watch. I purchased this watch because if promised a long use battery life, ability to receive text message, phone call notifications, etc. These features and battery life worked perfectly fine only until recently when overnight, the watch's battery life went from great to lasting only a few hours. The way I used the watch didn't change at all but the function & reliability of the watch did. I think I can speak for many folks that we all feel a bit duped by Fitbit. While a discount is a nice offer, many of us do not feel confident with the Fitbit brand after how they've handled this issue. Something most of us feel was caused by Fitbit themselves.  

Best Answer

I totally agree with @mkelly28.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my third FitBit & every time it seems like over night the battery dies and all the when I call I'm told to turn off the features that were that influenced me to buy it. I really must consider something else

Best Answer
yes... I agree with MKelly28 and Z_Mak
Best Answer

Quick update: I spoke with tech support and "Sal" was VERY helpful and pleasant to speak with on the phone. He had me do the following: 

- Sync Blaze from phone app

- Get charge above 25%

- Turn off "Quick View" b/c this can cause your battery to drain quickly just doing normal things in life.

- Do a "Hard Reset" by holding down left button and bottom right button.

- Sync Again while also charging. 

After doing these few steps, my battery went from 25% to 60% charged in only a few minutes. He also notified me that there was a firmware update that went out today for IOS (Apple) and while he wasn't sure what was in the update, it could help the issue. Our plan is to resume normal usage and then call back after the battery is fully drained again to further diagnose the issue. 

One thing I will point out is that if you get someone abrasive on the phone, just hang up and call back. You may find a different voice may be more willing to help you navigate through the problem. Here's to hoping these changes and firmware update correct the battery draining issues. Will update tomorrow once more is known. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit blaze purchased in December 2017 is losing it's charge within 2 hours  I tried everything shown on this feed with no results, then   tried to contact Fitbit but it's a Twitter feed???????I don't tweet! Please give me a phone number or a normal email to talk to someone about this  Thank you! 

karynelynn@aol.com  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is their tech support info: 

877-623-4997

open 4am - 9pm pst

Chat & twitter are likely not going to be a good solution. FWIW, I haven't had to wait on hold very long if at all but have called usually mid-afternoon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes