Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze can't sync (Phone Not Found) message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't get the Blaze to use the Phone GPS.  It says "Phone Not Found. Check FitBit App".  It has a red icon with a line through it.  I'm on Windows 10 - Fast Ring - latest build.  Help!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jwckauman, on the current version of both Fitbit app and Windows 10 (inc fast ring) unless you are in the Fitbit beta testing programme, connected GPS does not work with Windows phones and that is why you are getting the message you are seeing.

There are plans to add this feature to Windows phones in the very near future -- last I heard it could come in the next few weeks, but it depends on completing the testing and getting everything stable.  You can find out more information on this and get updates in this thread.  It's a long read -- the takeaway is that Microsoft and Fitbit are working hard together to get this resolved, testing is going well, and a push to all users is soon (weeks rather than months).

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I have the same problem. I think we are still waiting for Fitbit to update the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You will wait and wait and wait...the Blaze is basically garbage.  Mine does the same thing, sometimes mid-run and the only way I've been able to fix it is to uninstall the app from the phone, turn off the watch, reinstall the app, restart the watch then re-pair the watch to the phone...convenient as he'll during a race right.  But don't worry if it does it often enough they will replace it for free with another Blaze that has a whole different set of problems!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same but we will to wait until new version comes out of testing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jwckauman, on the current version of both Fitbit app and Windows 10 (inc fast ring) unless you are in the Fitbit beta testing programme, connected GPS does not work with Windows phones and that is why you are getting the message you are seeing.

There are plans to add this feature to Windows phones in the very near future -- last I heard it could come in the next few weeks, but it depends on completing the testing and getting everything stable.  You can find out more information on this and get updates in this thread.  It's a long read -- the takeaway is that Microsoft and Fitbit are working hard together to get this resolved, testing is going well, and a push to all users is soon (weeks rather than months).

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can we get an update? It's been awhile and we still don't have the update. Can we get the updated app so we can connect to our phones? Are they writing one line of code per day or what

Best Answer
0 Votes

@davidf100010 they are keeping the main thread updated, please check the win 10 forum.

Last i heard their is something in the win 10 operating system that needs to be looked at. As @Julia_G explained Microsoft snd Fitbit have been working closely to get the notifacation and GPS working

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. But with Android. Samsung S8. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem but with Samsung S8. Notifications won't work either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to welcome you @LeenaV and @KB03.

If your trackers are not syncing, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post. Now about the notifications, our friend @MarreFitbit is providing some instructions to follow in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) post.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes