Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze dongle not in box

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Trying to set up my Fitbit blaze it hasn't got a dongle but is asking for one in order to set up.
Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47
Spoiler
This setup has become way too irritating. Its not difficult but it has requirements that arent mentioned when purchasing and should be. I can see why sales for these devices didnt reach the goals that were set. Honestly how can the manufacturers not put the manual with the device,especially a device like this. Disappointed
Best Answer
0 Votes

@wajomay i ask what the problems have been?
What device are you setting it up through?

Every tracker has a manual that can be found in their help.fitbit.com sight. This way you get a manual that actually csn be read.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever consider people get these as gifts?

Best Answer

@ E F T C, I normally don't respond to post but yours is so obnoxiously ignorant I couldn't help myself. Obviously, you have more leisure time in your life than the average person - probably 40 and live at home with Mom & Dad. The average person doesn't have the time to do what you do - we're all working which is most likely a foreign word to you. It's not too much to ask a manufacturer to explain clearly in the box when a customer opens their product for the for the first time - step by step set up instructions. We shouldn't need to peruse the internet, visit YouTube, download the manual on Fit Bit or anything else. The product should WORK OUT OF THE BOX - end of story. Get a job and life please!

Best Answer

I agree, if I'm paying for something I shouldn't I have to troubleshoot my life away until I can enjoy my purchased product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! I lost my whole night trying to figure this out. I am usually calm but I am so mad now... I wish I am still polite. I need to say this out and I wish the problem can be solved well. Otherwise, this will be my last fitbit purchase. Or I guess I can still return it. 

I actually help people with technology but I am still surprised you don't even have a very brief one-page or 5-step tiny note. When you just get to a site, you have a lot of information and you are so eager to make it work. You don't think you will need to refer to an online manual. If this is necessary, please put it on that small piece of paper saying let's start here and at this URL you can find out manual. And you need to have a one-page guide for people using it the first time. 

If you are so confidence that the set up link will do the work, you can do so. But have you tested with many different users that this works without much support? I use computer a lot and I am so frustrated I wasted my whole night on trying to get this connected! 

Here is my problem: I purchased this as a gift for my sister who lives in another country whose cell phone is not compatible with this. I assured that PC can work with it. And she does not have Windows 10; But all this is not said on the set up. You didn't say on your package or anywhere that you need to have a dongle if you don't have window 10 or a cell phone that is compatible. You also didn't say that there is no dongle included. You need to make another purchase just for the dongle even though you are buying a new fitbit. So  I followed the link, indicating this is a PC and download the app on PC. I tried and tried. First, the battery symbol doesn't show as it is indicated in the manual, that I found out online after several failed attempts. This makes me really uncertain. I am not sure whether there is battery or not. I don't know that if the failure is because I haven't charged the battery or there is a failure in the parts. Then I read your manual, doesn't help. I find here. Gone through several threads and find out that you do need a dongle when you are using Windows 8, I have a dongle for an older version of fitbit. I am glad that I finally passed this stage, at least for now, and then I had difficulty syncing. It says I might not have battery but I have no clue if I have battery or not. But based on an earlier message in this thread, I should have battery when I see the setup link on the screen. After several trials, it finally work. 

However, I am still thinking: should I buy a dongle since this gift won't work for my sister? Not thinking of the price, I simply think it is unfair that you don't include it in your package. I am happy she is my sister so I opened the box and tried for her. Otherwise, it will be a frustration other than a gift for her... 

I wish you value the time of customers and think for all kinds of customers and their needs. You are not selling rockets but not a cheap piece of gadget, either. Providing clear and easy guidance on setup is for your device to greet the customer in the first time. 

Best Answer

Doing your research does not equal rocket science to set up. If the store sales person would have said it was cryptic to setup I would not have purchased it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do I get pass this message

Best Answer
0 Votes

@petergundog what device and operating system are you using to setup the tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's why ppl are on here, captain obvious. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @Chadabbott1282, i was asking because @petergundog question was answered in the approved solution of the thread, it also has been mentioned that by contacting Fitbit people have been getting dongles for free. 

My assumpti9n is that they had a unique setup tyat was not specifically mentioned. People seem to not be aware tyat a simple search usually will get an answer without having to ask a question. 

BTW the Fitbit contact info may be found in the top right of this page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm honestly confused as to why it seems so hard for people to set up(not trying to sound like an **ahem**). Why wouldn't you just install the app and connect thru Bluetooth? Why are people trying to sync to a computer? <----honestly curious, not trying to be a jerk!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are two main ways that  the Blaze may sync.  Through Bluetooth or the charging cord.

The Charging cord only works with the win 10 app or mac computers.

Bluetooth will work through

compatable phones

Win 10 and mac  computers with their own bluetooth hardware

Or a computer using the Fitbit dongle.

So why do some use the computer and/or the phone? To many to lst.

Cellular data, If a home doesnt have wifi, and the user is worried about their cellular bill,  a computer is the next best thing.

The home might not have great cell service

A person might not have a phone

Best Answer

If the Blaze set up instructions for a laptop calls for a Dongle and no Dongle is provided ....What should I do?  Thanks. JoyceDanny

Best Answer
0 Votes

@joyce Danny what OS is on your laptop? 

Have you reached out to Fitbit yet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Problem solved. Thx

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem solved? Which solution fixed it for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its not letting me connect via bluetooth... says the Blaze keeps rejected it...

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's because your not using the Fitbit app to setup the tracker to your account. 

Trying to connect to to the phone through BT will always fail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it working. thanks for the encouragement, lol
Best Answer