Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze dongle not in box

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Trying to set up my Fitbit blaze it hasn't got a dongle but is asking for one in order to set up.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Page 7 of the manual explains Setting up your Bitbit Blaze. You can use a mobile device with the Fitbit app for iOS, Android, or Windows 10 mobile devices, PC Windows 10 with the same Fitbit app for Windows mobile devices, or PC Windows 8.1 and below using the wireless sync dongle.

Find the Fitbit app in one of these locations, depending on your device:

The Apple App Store® for iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads.

The Google Play™ Store for Android devices such as the Samsung

Galaxy S5 and Motorola Droid Turbo.

The Windows® Store for Windows 10 mobile devices such as the Lumia

phone or Surface tablet.

This is from the Windows 8.1 and below section:

Note: Unless you upgrade to Windows 10, you’ll need to purchase a wireless sync

dongle from fitbit.com/store in order to set up your tracker.

Hope this helps

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Android 6.0.1, Fitbit Blaze (17.8.401.3)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47
There is no dongle.
Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I pass the plug in a dongle page
Best Answer
I have placed the charging cable with the blaze connected but 'plug in a dongle' page comes up how can I pass this page
Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to install the Fitbit app and link via Bluetooth.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Instructions are in this forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@tristevs it's asking for a dongle because the computer you're using doesn't have the required Bluetooth capabilities. The dongle is used to overcome that shortfall but the Blaze wasn't shipped with one.

An alternative is to try and use a phone with the Fitbit app installed, and use that to do the initial setup.
Best Answer

I have seen conflicting  information as to whether you can sync using your charging cable ranging from you can't to you can to you can, but only after an inital setup using another method.  It's truly unbelievable that there doesn't seem to be an easily found, official clear answer to this.

Best Answer

The cable works fine for setting up, installing firmware, and syncing through the win10 Fitbit App.

Plug the Tracker in, wait for Windows to install the drivers, it should do this automatically. Now run the Fitbit app.

As an alternate Fitbit only makes one dongle model so a dongle from another tracker will work.

Best Answer

Page 7 of the manual explains Setting up your Bitbit Blaze. You can use a mobile device with the Fitbit app for iOS, Android, or Windows 10 mobile devices, PC Windows 10 with the same Fitbit app for Windows mobile devices, or PC Windows 8.1 and below using the wireless sync dongle.

Find the Fitbit app in one of these locations, depending on your device:

The Apple App Store® for iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads.

The Google Play™ Store for Android devices such as the Samsung

Galaxy S5 and Motorola Droid Turbo.

The Windows® Store for Windows 10 mobile devices such as the Lumia

phone or Surface tablet.

This is from the Windows 8.1 and below section:

Note: Unless you upgrade to Windows 10, you’ll need to purchase a wireless sync

dongle from fitbit.com/store in order to set up your tracker.

Hope this helps

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Android 6.0.1, Fitbit Blaze (17.8.401.3)
Best Answer

Where is the manual??  I just bought my Blaze and am lost without a manual.

Best Answer

All Fitbit manuals may be Found on the help pages of Fitbit. The Help link is found at the bottom of every page, and through the help section of the app on the phone.  If clicking below, you would then click on the picture of the tracker, the next page has a link to the Blaze manual.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really un impressed with the instructions for the blaze, i searched for ages to find a dongle when now i find out i don't need one, that seems to be an issue they may have mentioned. Anyone else struggle with this at first? Just seems to me that when you spend that amount of cash on an item they would put some info somewhere in packaging etc. about this issue or put a note on the screen asking you for the dongle

Best Answer

@zedfast wrote:

Really un impressed with the instructions for the blaze, i searched for ages to find a dongle when now i find out i don't need one, that seems to be an issue they may have mentioned. Anyone else struggle with this at first? Just seems to me that when you spend that amount of cash on an item they would put some info somewhere in packaging etc. about this issue or put a note on the screen asking you for the dongle

or read the user guide

Best Answer

Scroll to the bottom of this page, clock on Help.

Now click on the pretty picture of your tracker,  this wool tale ypu to the interactive users help guide.  From here ypu may read the Blaze101, download and download thre manual. 

You may also hust start typing a key word to info you would like.

I assume since this is an online device, it is easier for them and the user to orovide a full size manual in a pdf file.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mean, sleezy, bad business, stupid, poor customer service. Bought fitbit blaze for my husband, no dongle. So so so disappointed. When the blaze finally arrived we cannot use it. Tried to set it up on pc, but with no dongle it is not possible.

Impossiby mean and poor customer policy to supply a product that you cant use. Got my money back.

I am so disappointed and angry.

Best Answer

I am always surprised at individuals will drop upwards of $200 or more to buy something without doing any sort of research whatsoever.  There are youtube videos on how to set up the unit, there are help forumns everywhere on the internet, and there are product reviews everywhere.  Chances is that you don't need to go to a store to investigate on your potential purchase, how to set it up, and the problems you can encounter.  Heck, you can find out more about a vehicle and the manufacturer from the web without going to the dealership.

Before I brought my blaze, I read through all the user manual of the whole fitbit lineup, looked at multiple review websites,...etc. When I picked up the actual unit at a store, I already know how to set it up, charging time, how to wear it.  Who needs a physical user manual when everything is on-line?

Do your research before you buy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mereterosenberg do you currently have a Fitbit, and by chance sync through a computer? Then this computer is already setup for the Blaze. Just log into his account and set it up.. After that the Fitbit Connect software will nicely sync both deviced. 

The thing about the Blaze is that it is designed to be used with a smart phone and with a phone no dongle is needed..

Now if the computer is running Win 10 then you will be able to use the Charging dock plugged into the computer to sync and setup the Blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Really disappointed this is so troublesome to set up

Best Answer

@possibilityT The connect software doesn't need the fitbit dongle anymore, any generic BT will work. If your still having problems contact fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes