Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze exercise tracking not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If like me you are thinking of getting a Fitbit to track your excercise think long and hard before you commit to it and research other products thoroughly. I’ve had mine for almost three years however throughout that time it constantly drops out when I undertake any form of exercise leading to inaccurate data. Now if I exercised infrequently I wouldn’t mind so much but I don’t. I train daily, I train vigorously and I train using my heart rate zones all of which is frustratingly useless if your data is inaccurate. Which mine is at least twice a week because of this product. I personally won’t be buying another. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Community Forums @Brizzol! Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having with your Blaze when tracking your exercises. 

So I can better assist, would you mind giving me more details about your experience? Is the GPS, steps, shortcuts? 

In the meantime, I'd recommend taking a look at the help articles: 

Hope this helps. I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I replied to your message 18/03/19 supplying screen shots of the ongoing issue again a screen shot of it recording correctly using the link you supplied and to date I haven’t received a response. Today I return to use the device which again fails to record correctly, because of this it fails to record any active minutes against what should be 35+ and intermittently recorded my heart rate average at 108 rather than the actual 140+ true readings for the duration of my exercise. In turn as my Fitbit is linked to MyFitnessPal that information is also totally incorrect and hugely under recorded. The whole ethos behind the Fitbit is to monitor and record activities accurately which in my experience it doesn’t come close to doing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Brizzol, thanks for coming back! After my last response on 03/07, I didn't receive a response from you with screenshots. Can you please send them again? See this post to find instructions on how to attach images to your post. 

Since you mentioned active minutes and MyFitnessPal, note that sometimes if you re not using your tracker but you have a third party app associated to your Fitbit account, is possible that the activities logged in the third party account will be shown as active minutes on your Fitbit dashboard, even when they're not showing steps.

To clarify, I have tested this on my dashboard and this is the final result: I logged an activity using MyFitnessPal. Today I haven't synced any steps from my device. So, I should not have active minutes, but as you can see in the screenshot, I have the same amount of active minutes that the activity I logged on MFP.

Example of Active minutes.png

Make sure this is not happening on your dashboard. If this is the case, that will explain the active minutes not showing correctly. 

Looking forward to your response.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting similar results lately. bluetooth issues I never had before, sync issues I never had before from Blaze to fitbit app to web app. ZERO until I fiddle with the app, toggle the blue tooth then finally force sync to web app. This is a Samsung Note 9 (new) no other apps associated with fit bit.

The Versa no longer syncs with the Samsung Note 2 as it did before also and always ZERO on the web app.

WHAT IS GOING ON NOW??????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this syncing issue. Nice way to go!

I recommend to follow the steps provided in the help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Also, can you please let me know if your Note 9 and Note 2 are running Android Pie 9.0?

Keep me posted, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes