Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not counting all steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am on my 2nd Blaze. Both have started out accurate but after a few months it stops tracking all of my steps. I have a job where I walk quite a bit and I noticed my numbers going down significantly. I started counting out each 100 steps and it is only measuring between 60-80 steps out of each 100. Is anyone else having this problem or can guide me? I have turned it off, shut it down, resynced it but nothing seems to work. Fitbit replaced my first one in June.

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

I am also having a similar issue. My husband has a Charge 2. We drive together to work, walk together at lunch. At the end of the day he is easily 4-5000 steps more than me. I have tried putting it my pocket, restarting, adjusting my stride, putting my left leg in & doing the hokie police; nothing works

Best Answer

well Rich so glad your are.......  mine are not even on the same planet

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue, I have tried everything they have asked me too and I am still getting only about 70% of my steps counted. I have had a Flex, a Charge, Charge HR and now 3 different Blaze(s). The Blaze have all been off on tracking steps by quite a bit. I really enjoy the Blazes' other features but in the end, I got it because of the step tracker. This seems to be a bigger issue than they claim. I see a lot of different people on here who are having the same issues. When I offered to return all 3 Blaze pebbles for them to check what was causing the problem, they were not interested. When they offered to refund me for my original purchase and then they wanted them all back. I sent them videos showing how only 70 of my 100 steps were being counted.  I was emailing with Fitbit Support and usually heard something from them in no later than 2 days. Then the emails stopped and when I contacted support they told me that my case had been sent to the 'highest support personnel'. 10 days later, I got an email and all it was, was a copy of all the recommendations they had given me so far. Asking me to try them again. I tried it all again without success and that is when they asked me to stomp my feet when I walk and move my arms in front of my body that I copied in an earlier post. It is nothing but frustration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just finished a walking workout. Pedometer 5256 steps; Blaze 4632

600+ step discrepancy seems a little high to me. Is this considered normal? It’s not very helpful in my fitness step challenge that syncs from my FitBit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It has been a few weeks since I stated that my FitBit Blaze does not accurately count steps. Although I have been in contact with the company several times, nothing has changed. Except, if I use the FitBit app on my iPhone to count, it does correctly. I wear the watch and carry the phone at the same time. Phone app is correct; watch is not. I have no idea why the watch can't be correct?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitbit have you come up with a solution to this? You all have been very quiet with trying to help us with this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mclaugh3 what store you doing when your steps are not being counted? 

Do they count correctly. you are on a walk? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure how to answer you as I do not understand what you wrote? “What store am I doing”?

I am walking with the FitBit blaze on my wrist and my iPhone in my pocket after I set it up to measure my walking. The iPhone, Fitbit app, counts correctly. I know this as it is a measured walk. The Fitbit is always short by .20 of a mile or more. When I reconcile at the end, the Fitbit accepts the numbers from the app, so they are then both in sync. If I just wear the Blaze, the steps/miles, are inaccurate, every time. This has been going on since Oct. I have not heard from customer support either in over a month. It would be nice to be told that they are working on the problem etc. If this continues, I will never buy this product again.

Best Answer

Mine does the same thing. I am wearing my garmin and blaze my Fitbit says 6008 and 7435. This happens consistently and is very disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are not alone. Fought this problem since April.  First it was just my Blaze, now its my flex too.  Something GPS related I think..... but yes a fix or at least acknowledgement that there is a problem would be nice.  Makes me sick the money I have spent on items that don't work 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They have given up on me. They don't even want to keep me as a customer. I offered to send back the Blaze in exchange for a different Fitbit that was financially equitable and they refused and said they would refund my money when I sent back my Blaze.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What??  that s crazy!  They delete my posts, and refuse to talk to me anymore.   I reported them to the better business bureau , they snowed them so I looked like the **ahem**.      Sending my Blaze back to them is not an option.  They wont take it back and my warranty is void because I bought mine through Waterfli .  Its water proofed so they say that is why it doesn't work.   LOL doesn't explain the Flex doing the same thing.   Makes me sad, I have a garmin and the app is just horrid compared to fitbit.  Sigh...  Read this fast cuz it will be gone soon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its normal for the broken "GPS" that they have now.    Bet ya it will be different on your next walk 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is frustrating to read that there is no solution! For the past week, I can run down the street or walking through the house cleaning and my step count will remain the same NOT moving. One day I had to basically move my arms as if I were fighting for the count to work! I was considering getting the new watch but if they can’t even resolve the issue on the Blaze who wants to continue to give them money?! 🙄

Best Answer

I thought there had been some resolution with the Fit Bit not counting correctly based on others comments about upgrades to the app and GPS. Well two things have happened since the recent update:  if I am talking with my hands, the Blaze will count it as steps!  This happened while driving in the car.  I went for my usual 4 mile walk today, (this is a measured walk, so accurate) with only my watch on and I was shorted by one full mile!  When I carry my iPhone with me, activating the app, I get an accurate measurement on the phone which then up dates the watch. But I don’t want to carry my phone with me all the time. That is the point of the watch. As you all have pointed out, no further follow up has been made with FitBit as to when they will solve these dilemmas. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit doesn't seem to be recording my steps. It is recording them on my watch but on on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is not counting my steps accurately. I manually counted when it seemed like the numbers were off. It’s missing 12-15 steps per hundred. And if I swing my arms bent like you do for running (and power walking) it’s worse than when you dangle your arms straight down from your shoulders. 

I have restarted it. No change. 

My Blaze was a gift just about four weeks ago. This is my fourth FitBit product and they’ve all been great. 

So far this one is a big disappointment. 

Oh and the distance is WAY off. I did three miles on the treadmill and Fitbit calculated 1.8. It’s not a stride length problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I walk 4 miles and it counts 3.25 miles. Very frustrating and no answers. I walked with a lady who has a newer Blaze and her steps/miles were accurate!

Sent from my iPhone Lorraine M
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted online chat and literally his only suggestion was to restart my FitBit. Which of course I’ve already done. Now I’m being passed on to a higher level of service and will hear back in 24-48 hours by email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had good results with all of my Fitbit’s except the Blaze. They wanted me to walk around and swing my arms like some Nazi and stomp my feet. Even if that would have solved the problem. I wouldn’t walk like that anywhere. They gave up on me and offered me a refund.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes