Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not counting all steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am on my 2nd Blaze. Both have started out accurate but after a few months it stops tracking all of my steps. I have a job where I walk quite a bit and I noticed my numbers going down significantly. I started counting out each 100 steps and it is only measuring between 60-80 steps out of each 100. Is anyone else having this problem or can guide me? I have turned it off, shut it down, resynced it but nothing seems to work. Fitbit replaced my first one in June.

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69
I got one as a gift and, after contacting them with my step problem, they sent me 2 replacements. That was awesome but the problems were the same with each. I even videotaped it and sent it to them. But there final suggestions were just goofy and I think they were playing with me cause no one would ever normally walk the way they wanted me to. The have offered a refund.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine have all been great too. And I was very disheartened to read all your posts, until you finally gave up. 

Out of curiosity. Did you upgrade to Ionic, downgrade to Charge HR 2 (I just sold mine when I bought the Blaze 🤬)? Or give up on the brand altogether?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will not re spend money on the brand.
I do not have a lot of money and this was a gift to me via multiple people 18 months ago. Maybe down the road this could happen again but I will buy another product as the service with Fitbit was poor. They should have replaced my watch but said it was out of warranty. Though another told me it is a software issue, not a watch issue. My friend just told me today her watch is 20% off and it is 6 months old. Mine is the same, 20% off, so this tells me it is their problem. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone Lorraine M
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just really wish they would accept it is a software problem and fix it. So frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

And they too will not be able to fix it.  Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s even worse than expected. I finally got a response. They are refusing to honor the warranty. They want me to return it to the retailer. Who said return it to the manufacturer.  I’ve had it less than four weeks. The retailer still carries FitBit products but no longer carries the Blaze. Gee. I wonder why that is???

And I got the Blaze on sale, and to replace it at another retailer will cost me an additional $50. 

So I can’t even replace the Blaze, even if I trusted a different unit would make the difference.  I’d be paying an extra $50

for a product I already know is probably garbage. 

If if they don’t make this right I will not own another FitBit product and I will contact the Better Business Bureau. I will also tell everyone I know that FitBit, as a company, does bad business. I’m so disappointed right now...

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I have owned my Blaze for two weeks and have noticed it is only recording 2/3 or less of the steps taken. 

I wish I had found this before I bought this. Resetting has had no affect. Swinging my arms profusely is not an option while I am getting my steps.... I am either walking my dog or working. My job is extremely physical and active. Today I kept my phone with me (most of the day) and the step count on my blaze is 28000, my phone is at 31000.... and well I leave my phone on the counter a lot while working (putting away orders etc).

I am very dissatisfied right now hopefully I will hear something soon but other the OP Fitbit doesn’t seem to be responding to many of these threads....

Best Answer

My husband and I have been away on vacation for 2 weeks. We walked the Beach together every day. He has a Charge 2. He easily registered 4-5 Thousand steps more than me per day! Yesterday he had 20,000 steps & I had 13,000. It’s awful. The sad part is he won’t go on anymore challenges with another blaze owner as he gets accused of cheating somehow lol. Don’t buy a Blaze! 

Best Answer
Interesting. Why the Blaze is inaccurate after being accurate for one year (for me) remains a mystery. Perhaps others with either the Charge2 or the new Iconic could tell us of their experiences with accuracy? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone Lorraine M
Best Answer
0 Votes

When did it stop being accurate?    Let me guess.... last April?

Best Answer
0 Votes

good luck!  Same thing happened to me.   They have all their bases covered with the BBB.  You will lose and these posts will disappear!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Blaze FitBit stopped being accurate in Sept. 2016.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge HR2 was consistently accurate on step count. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A final update on this. I received an email tonight informing me that fit bit will not cover the problems with my blaze, as they say my limited warranty does not cover this problem. I’ve owned the watch for four weeks and apparently my limited warranty doesn’t cover a manufacturing defect? And one that they are fully aware of based on everything I’m reading in this community forum. 

I will be contacting a consumer protection agency and reporting the fraud. This is not only an unethical business practice, it may be criminal.

This is my seventh fit bit purchase for both myself and others. And it will most definitely be my last.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This all makes me so sad.   I have wondered why this community is in existence if they don't listen to us.  I have been a fit bit customer for over 4 years and had problems with my flex.  As a group, this community helped each other to get past the bugs/problems  that were plaguing a ton of us.   Now here we are in the same but worst boat with the Blaze..... where are the software developers?  There obviously is a problem, if only we could get past customer service and chat with them.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Retailer won’t accept the return - I don’t have the box. So I’m stuck with a product FitBit knew was defective. 

I even offered to buy the Ionic and pay the difference. Store didn’t give a crap. Now I have nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

yup, same here.  I cant even sell it on ebay, knowing that it doesn't work.   This really bites.   But have you read any of the forums for ionic?   Same problems going on there, so upgrading really isn't going to fix it.   Its a software or programming issue that their people need to get fixed, IF they are even aware there is a problem!  I fear it doesn't get past customer service.  What a mess!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t really want the Ionic either. It has its own problems. Was just trying to find a middle ground to convince the retailer to do the right thing. Nope. 

I notified FitBit that the retailer wouldn’t take care of it and their email response was so ridiculous.  They basically said in so many words that they never said their product was accurate, so they aren’t going to replace this hunk of garbage they produced.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using my Fitbit about 3 weeks. Today I should be at about 8500 steps and 5 flights of stairs. It says I have 378 steps and no stairs. tried resetting - left and lower right buttons etc. After reading all the blogs and spending 2 hours researching I'm thinking it may not be worth bothering with. Help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Return it and by an Apple Watch. That’s what I did. 

The Blaze is a hunk of junk. All my prior FitBits were awesome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes