Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The blaze advertises a 5 day battery. When I orginially got it, it would last 2-3, which I thought was no big deal because I played with it alot. However, the last week or so my battery seems to be draining. Yesterday I let it fully charged and have made it a point to not play with it excessively since it was charged. It has been about 20 hours and I have < 1/4th battery remaining. Is there something going on in the background that is just draining my battery? I didnt pay this much to charge my watch daily and I can't find why the battery won't last.

Best Answer
344 REPLIES 344

your 2nd I am over my 12 month period

@bunkzilla wrote:

I'm on my second warranty replacement because of this issue, I strongly feel this is a problem in the latest firmware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like the same thing I experienced, but I eventually went the
replacement route from Fitbit support. I'm assuming the unit they sent is a
refurb, maybe not, but it is currently working as it should. I don't know
how long that will last, though. They need to fix the actual problem rather
than telling us to turn off all the features we initially bought it for.
Good luck and let us know which competitor device you eventually switch to
and how that one works for you.

--
The advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting
discoveries. - A.A. Milne
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like the same thing I experienced, but I eventually went the
replacement route from Fitbit support. I'm assuming the unit they sent is a
refurb, maybe not, but it is currently working as it should. I don't know
how long that will last, though. They need to fix the actual problem rather
than telling us to turn off all the features we initially bought it for.
Good luck and let us know which competitor device you eventually switch to
and how that one works for you.

--
The advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting
discoveries. - A.A. Milne
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to share my experience hoping that it will help someone:

I bought my Fitbit Blaze in April 2016 and it was performing perfectly, holding charge for 4-5 days (depending on the features used) until about 2 weeks ago that it went down to just 6h per charge. I contacted fitbit support and they checked that it wasn't holding charge and that I hadn't change any of the features recently. After checking all this and asking me when and where I bought it, I was told I could not get a replacement (which I already knew given that the warranty only lasts for 1 year in the States) and i got offered a 25% discount to purchase a new fitbit. I was hesitating because I really loved and used my Blaze a lot this 15 months that I had it but I didn't want to spend $200 every year on a watch. So I looked at other options for a week in which I didn't charge my blaze and, finally, decided (I honestly don't know why, but I'm glad I did) to charge it again, maybe trying to make sure again that it was dead and that I had to buy a new device. I'm not sure how, probably an update in the app, but now my blaze's battery lasts again 4 days

I know it might not be helpful since I don't give any steps to follow to solve the problem but I wanted to share it in case someone is in the same situation; I guess it is worth giving it a try before throwing the device away:)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. And again there's trouble in paradise with my blaze. It's
blinking in and out, with strange lines at the top and again the
replacement hasn't made it a year.

--
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. And again there's trouble in paradise with my blaze. It's
blinking in and out, with strange lines at the top and again the
replacement hasn't made it a year.

--
Best Answer
0 Votes
There has been a lot of talk on this thread I started. In actuality, I've discovered that you need to take the time to charge the blaze fully, which if your patient will take a long time, like 3+ hours. This helped me greatly and now it seems to work fine. And don't cheat by charging almost then quickly taking off then back on the cradle, it's a trick to make my watch look like it has a full charge.

I hope this works for everyone, especially since it seems like this problem effects such a small percentage of Fitbit owners and personally I like the product.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting a replacement 31 days after buying my blaze. Ironically the store I purchased it from has a 30 day no quibble returns policy, I took it back to them yesterday looking my money back and they sent me to fitbit.

My blaze never lasted longer than 3 days max and that's with notifications and screen turned off, turn these on and it'll last 1-2 days max.  

Sure fitbits customer service is great and they are going to send me a replacement but is this likely to be a recurring problem? Would I have been better buying a different fitbit? They did offer 50% off something else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received the Blaze from my son in June for my birthday which he had purchased from Best Buy with their extended warranty. Since then we have replaced it at least 5 times because of charging or quality issues, on 2 occasions the Blaze would not re boot or charge just a black screen, the other times battery was running out within a day or 2.

I've had Blaze number 5 now for at least 4 weeks and everything is running well including the battery life. Just a note Best Buy has been great in immediately switching out the units under their extended warranty plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you don't want the bells and whistles of a blaze or other notification style watch, try a charge HR. Or one that clips on your clothes.
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you don't want the bells and whistles of a blaze or other notification style watch, try a charge HR. Or one that clips on your clothes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Fitbit Blaze for approximately 8 months and I've had the problem of it not holding charge for approximately 5 months. The solution of contacting the support team didn't work-they just tried to sell me a new different device at 25% discount. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea, I'm done with them. I've had 3 in less than 2 yrs and this one is going on the blink. I'm researching other devices now.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like I'm not the only one. I probably have over 1000 into these trackers. I think I'm going to get an Apple Watch. First band caused rashes on my wrist, then next generation watch was sent and that material just fell apart, then upgraded to the latest Surge and that band wasn't durable either, now I have a blaze that can't hold a charge.i even bought a Blaze for my friend's 60th. Time to convert my weekly competition groups to another platform.  Disgusted  

Best Answer

I have had my Blaze less than one month - my 4th Blaze pebble is being shipped - to date 3 out of 3 have been defective. First one needed to update but could not update due to a low battery. 4 days of charging did not fix it but it finally turned on only to not track my high intensity exercise or the accurate time. Pebble 2 same issue as the 1st. I was elated when the 3rd pebble updated the software immediately and there were no problems charging it...but it will not hold a charge and the time is wrong. I have done all of the trouble shooting and a 4th pebble will be delivered. I will never purchase another Fitbit product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this legal? I mean to repeatedly have the product fail multiple times in a short span on time. Fitbit is sending me my 4th Blaze pebble in less than 4 weeks. My options are replacement OR 50% off another purchase. So I pay $250...and then I pay $75-150 on top of what I have spent.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's obvious FitBit has quality problems. Unless they make amends, I will be their worst advocate they can imagine. Keeping a customer is easy, finding a new one will be very hard. The fitBit attrition is steadily increasing and the value of the company going the other way. I have no appetite for lame excuses.

Sent from my iPhone
JT
Best Answer
0 Votes
I received a new charger after the last one failed after ability six months..have had the new one for about two months and it's holding a charge..still my next one might be an Apple Watch as well

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My issue isn't the charger. It's the quality of the watches. Mine won't hold a charge for more than a day and I'm not doing anything differently from the day I got it. It was fine until about 6 weeks ago after just less than a year.

Sent from my iPhone
JT
Best Answer
0 Votes

I give up! I'm switching to iwatch

Best Answer