Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The blaze advertises a 5 day battery. When I orginially got it, it would last 2-3, which I thought was no big deal because I played with it alot. However, the last week or so my battery seems to be draining. Yesterday I let it fully charged and have made it a point to not play with it excessively since it was charged. It has been about 20 hours and I have < 1/4th battery remaining. Is there something going on in the background that is just draining my battery? I didnt pay this much to charge my watch daily and I can't find why the battery won't last.

Best Answer
344 REPLIES 344

After getting a replacement fitbit Blaze back in April, the new one is now barely holding a charge for 1 day.  I don't even have bluetooth notifications turned on, so I'm not using some of the advertised features.  What a waste!   I've used fitbit products for over 6 years now.  It's time for me to explore other options.

Best Answer
I'm supposed to be getting a replacement but I'm skeptical about how well
it will work after this experience. I may have to look elsewhere for a
fitness tracker. Please share what you ultimately decide to go with. The
Blaze has great features but what's the point if you have to turn them off
or it just won't hold a charge. Another disappointed Blaze owner.

--
The advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting
discoveries. - A.A. Milne
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went back to Best Buy and traded my blaze in for a new one. I told them that it wasn't holding a charge for more than a few hours and they exchanged it just fine. My new one is holding a charge perfectly. It has only used 1/4 of the battery and i took it off the charger almost two days ago. I was reading in some thread that fit bit just sends you the fit bit part and not an entirely new watch. Someone was told too that they send you ones that were sent back by other customers. So if you are exchanging through fitbit themselves, I don't think you guys are receiving brand new watches which is why you are having the same issues. Someone else sends back their watch with a defunct battery and they just send that one out to someone else who is exchanging it. I suggest you exchange it from the actual place you purchased them from to insure you are getting a brand new watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Blaze in May 2016. At first battery life was 5 days.  Over time it did start lasting fewer days. The Last few weeks I have to charge it ever day.  I have tried turning off all of the sync and notifications, and it still only lasts a day.  I had a Charge HR  before the blaze and it top over time didn't hold battery charge as long as it should. I'm glad it mad it over a year before it started to annoy me, but for as much as they cost, the battery should perform better longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. For what it costs, the Blaze should retain a charge for a lot
longer than less than one day. What's the point of having all the features
if you are told by CS to turn them off to "improve" battery life?

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit sent me a new Blaze device(not the charger or band)..since it was not holding a charge and still under warranty.  I have had it for about  a week and the charge is holding.  I'll give an update after a month since I'm hearing other users are  still getting a bad charge. Obviously, this is a common problem and based on all of our community response issues I think they need to be recalled until this charge problems is fixed.  It only gives the Apple Watch more business.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree totally! I'm suppose to be receiving a replacement, too. If it goes bad I will contact them again but I will be finished with Fitbit. Just too expensive to keep wasting time & money.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem I'm on my 4th Blaze since June and there has been nothing but problems. Either battery not holding a charge, or not being able to charge or just not working Black screen. I'm returning it for the 5th time and hopefully I will be able to get my money back and buy a different fitness tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine. Woman Happy

If your trackers are not holding a charge, I recommend following the instructions provided in this post. After these steps test your devices.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same issue as well- just started up a few nights ago.  My Blaze never had issues holding a charge for 4-5 days and now suddenly it doesn't even last 1 day.  I'm charging the unit to "full" while sleeping but the battery is draining much quicker than before.  The unit was purchased in Feb 2017. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you still have your receipt, take it back to where you bought it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to turn every thing down or off to get a day with out having  to charge it ,I turned down brightness, I turn off alarms, I turned off notifications Blaze is a piece of crapI am looking into different brand, the company knows the battery is not worth a darn.If you care for your friends and familyadvise them not to purchase one .I did.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My resolution was finally going through customer service and they sent me a
replacement unit - probably a refurb. That one is working, but who knows if
it will still be in 5 more months. All their suggestions about turning off
features - the features that make the Blaze a great device - did not help.
I think they need to figure out what the real problem is and do something
to fix it.
Good luck.

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine all of a sudden started doing this about a month ago. I switched out my cracked one with my replacement and i don't use the music or notification part. It (new one) was fully charged as of Thursday am and I synced it, no workout or major activity and it was halfway this am and now I just got the notification of low battery. I even thought it maybe the the display or the syncing. So I changed the display yesterday and my sync is not set to auto...so I don't know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
For a week or so keep charging & sinc your steps/activity frequently. After a week or two CALL Fitbit and talk directly to someone. Tell them what you have done to trouble shoot, etc. They will more than likely check your sinc records & see that it's not holding a charge. More than likely they will offer a replacement. Who knows
how long that will last but it's probably the best you can hope for. If they've already replaced it then I can't even guess what they're going to do.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been my experience so far.  Fitbit asked for me to charge the tracker to full and then syn 5-6 times throughout the day for data tracking.  

They were able to see that the battery was draining at a high rate and are giving me a replacement.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have only had my blaze for about three weeks and the charge is already starting to only last 2/3 days down from the 4/5 days it lasted for the first couple of weeks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today my Blaze only remained charged for 6 hours, it is steadily getting worse and worse although I have not changed how I use it or care for it.  I don't use the messaging on it, I don't use music control, etc.  This is beyond ridiculous.  Here is Fitbit's suggestions:

• Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage.  I have no Alarms Set
  • Since Quick View causes the screen to light up whenever you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. When Quick View is off, press any button to see the screen.
  • Frequently using music control may reduce battery life.  I Don't use Music Control
  • Using FitStar workouts reduces battery life.
  • If you have call, text, or calendar notifications enabled, receiving a large volume of notifications (many hundreds) reduces battery life.  I don't use these notifications although I would like to and paid for this feature
  • Using the maximum Brightness setting may reduce battery life.  Brightness is set halfway
  • If you’re syncing with an Android device, the Always Connected option may reduce battery life.
  • If you're syncing with any Fitbit app, the All-Day sync option may reduce battery life on both the tracker and mobile device.
  • Charging your tracker in extreme heat or cold may reduce battery life.  No Extreme Heat or Cold
  • If you don't need a heart rate reading, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. The Auto setting uses less battery than the On setting. Note that if you turn off Heart Rate, you'll need to restart your tracker after you turn heart rate back on  Heart Rate is on Auto

The thing that really bothers me most about their support is that they are suggesting that we stop using features that we once were able to use and the battery life was fine.  It's also amusing to me that on page 1 of this thread, they marked this issue as solved.  Turning off features that customers thought would work when purchasing this product is NOT a solution.  It's a lazy man's workaround at best!  I am going to try the Bestbuy return route to see if I have any better luck, beyond that, I will be done with Fitbit.  Their competitors products do a lot more and if I'm going to have to charge it everyday anyway, I may as well make the switch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please help my Blaze will not hold its charge for longer than 24 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes