Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last week, my Blaze has started dying within hours of being charged (for at least two hours). Maybe the battery is going bad? Can it be replaced or do I have to buy a new one? I’ve owned it for a little over a year but seems it should last longer. I did a Google search about the problem and apparently there are quite a few people out there experiencing the same issue. I’ve been thinking about buying the Ionic but this makes me think twice about that. I’m such a Fitbit fan. I really don’t want to switch devices but want the quality. The first Fitbit I purchased lasted for years. Frustrating. 

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

Hello @AlejandraFitbit,

I just happened to googled this issue today and landed on this thread.  I have been having the same problem over the last 2 days.  I charged my tracker (Blaze 2??) over night and the next day it died by noon.  I charged it again and before the end of the evening it died.  Today I have been charging it off and on all day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is nothing that Fitbit can do unless you are under warranty.  Lucky for me I purchased an extended warranty when I made my initial purchace through Amazon. They could not fix it so I received a refund that allowed me to purchase the Fitbit Versa. If I did not have the extended warranty I would not have bought another Fitbit.  I would have gone for the Apple Watch.  I have been with Fitbit from the beginning so I wanted to give them another try.  Here's hoping I made a good move.  Good luck in taking care of your Fitbit .  It loooks like they are no longer selling the Blaze.  There must be something really wrong with it.  They should give a better discount than what they offered. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze has been last in and around 3 hours now for the past 3 months, I have tried everything listed in this thread and it is under warranty I think. How do I get it replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit and explain to them all the things you have tried. They should be able to look up your info from your Fitbit device. If it under warranty they will replace it. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit blaze is not holding charge as soon as take it off charge it dies tried contacting  customer service but none of there advice works have tried everything is there a phone number to ring i miss it but getting frustrated as cant fix it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, if you call +44-800-069-8505 you will get someone who can check on your battery life remotely. They'll ask you to synch manually every hour which is a pain, but if your blaze battery only lasts 3 hours average like mine was, they can confirm this and will send a replacement if you're under warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dead blaze battery

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is also not holding a charge.  It will show that it is dead right after I take it off the charger and put into the frame.  I have had this Watch for less than 2years.  I have tried to restart, to no avail.  I spoke to a representative at FitBit who told me that the battery is faulty, but they will not do anything but offer me a 25 percent discount on a new watch.  This does not seem right to me.  A watch over 200$ should last more than a year and a half.  Please make this right for your customers 

Best Answer

I was very disappointed in Fitbit after this happened to me.  I switched over to an Apple watch and it is the best thing I have ever done.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
FitBit offered me the same 25% and I refused to buy another Blaze.  I really like the FitBit community, so I bought a flex 2 with the discount.  I still felt ripped off but I took a bite of humble pie.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so disappointed with Fitbit right now. My Blaze started acting up on Monday. I found this thread and followed all the different ways to get my Blaze back to where it was a week ago. Cleaned the contacts. Restarted it. Charged it from a computer versus the wall and still within 2 hours from being 100% it wasnt just low battery it was empty. So I called customer service and was told I had to do a battery drain test which I did no problem. When I called back after completing the test I was told yes your Blaze is malfunctioning but instead of being offered a replacement I was told be on the lookout for an email to receive 25% off a new model of my choosing that had to be utilized within 30 days or it would be void. I have been a member of the Fitbit community since 2014 and I really couldn't believe how rude I was spoken to and more or less told yes your Blaze is broken but spend money for a newer model. Completely surprised since when looking in the forums everyone seems to have such great fitbit stories. 

Best Answer

I’m Im really bummed out. My Blaze is about a year old or so and it started doing the same.  It charges like normal and then once on the move, it drains in a matter of hours. I cleaned the contact as instructed in your and I have not been wearing it outside in the heat nor have I been damaging it while charging.  I would have expected this watch to last longer for the price it was purchased for. 😞

Best Answer

I’ve been having this same issue for a few weeks now. I was just debating on upgrading but if this is gong to be an issue with the new device, I wonder if it would be worth it. I did the troubleshooting everyone else tried but now it only holds charge for a few hours. These devices are to pricey to break down within a year or two. I would hate to switch to apple because I’ve been with Fitbit since 2016 but it’s disappointing that so many people have had the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thats exactly what I did this week! I purchased another blaze because no
one answered my requests, so I buckled down and got an Apple Watch 🤷‍:female_sign:
Their loss!
--
Verna Gonzales
Best Answer

Yeah, I think that would be the best thing for me to do also. I was in the versa community thread and a lot of people are also having issues with it because of the new update. At least the Apple Watch will sync perfectly with my iPhone. Thanks for update, I guess I won’t bother to hear back from them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my Blaze is losing time as well. Fitbit is unavailable right now. Hopefully they will have a fix for this!

Best Answer

Hello,

I to am having thr same problems and my Blaze is a little over a year old. I have followed the steps and cleaned and restarted but it literally goes from fully charged to 50% in less than an hour.  

What steps should be taken next!!! Look forward to you reply!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Buy an Apple watch.   That's what I did in 2019 and it still works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung phone so it wouldn't make sense for me if I can't use all what Apple has to offer especially since its so costly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the identical issue. I have tried the steps outlined above (nothing chAnged, still very warm after chairing overnight and fully drained within a few hours) Not receiving the support I thought I should get from the Fitbit team so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes