Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not responding to taps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I noticed my blaze doesn't always respond to taps when on the clock screen [using pop]. Is anyone else noticing that?
Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

@Steffybee Welcome to the Community! I would like you to do a restart by doing this. Also, please reply to the following questions, so I can investigate it. 

- Does it take more time to respond to the tap?

- How many taps does it take to respond?

- When is it not responding to your taps? When the display is off or when you're trying to change the feature in the display?

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I am noticing the same thing. If I haven't looked at the blaze in a little while and want to tap to wake it up, it will not respond until I have tapped it 5-6 times.

More importantly, it happens when I receive a notification, it will not respond to taps. I have to flip my wrist to have the notification display and sometimes that is annoying.

I have had no issues scrolling to other features one the screen is on.
Best Answer
It doesn't take more time to respond to the tap, it just doesn't respond at all. Sometimes it takes two to three taps before it changes the screen. It's when I am trying to change the feature in the display. It continues to do so even after restarting.
Best Answer

@wilburdean @Steffybee Thank you for your details. Currently, there's an issue with Pop clock to respond to taps. I'll make sure to post here any updates I'll have. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I am finding the same issue.  I tap and tap and tap and every now and then it works, but about 80% of the time, tapping the screen does nothing.

Best Answer

I've had a few non-responsive taps. Most seem to be when the watch face is asleep. Takes about 3 to get the screen to come back on. When the screen is already awake, the Blaze reacts fine for me.

Best Answer

Yea, when it is 'asleep' and i am not in a position, or want, to flip my wrist, is when it is not responsive to taps. Takes as many as 8-10 taps to respond!

I am glad to know that it is being addressed.

Best Answer

It's not just the Pop face. I've experienced this on the Original and Flare.

Best Answer

I use the Zone clock face and have the exact same problems!  It won't wake up when tapping, so often I press the Home button on the side to wake it up.  Switching from the date to HR on the Zone clock face is done by tapping and sometimes one tap will do it, but often it is 2 or 3 or 4 taps to get anything to happen.  

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Just making sure that we're all on the same page here: 

• Blaze will bring up the screen by tapping the display; however we've implemented Quick View so that tapping isn't necessary, making the interaction a little easier. Please take a look at the article for more information about looking at the display!
  • You'll be able to cycle through different statistics on some of the clock displays (Zone and Pop come to mind), but be sure to tap right on that statistic itself. 
  • Notifications will come up when on the home screen- all you have to do is swipe up!

If you believe you may be experiencing an issue with tapping on Blaze, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance. We're always happy to help!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Hi there,

While that may be true that Blaze shouldn't bring up the screen by tapping the display, the fact that we're looking at the face and tapping it is evidence that the Quick View is not working properly. If you require us to shake our wrists just to check the time, it's really not serving its purpose as a watch face. One of the beautiful things about having a watch is being able to look at the time discreetly without having to pull our phones out, if you want the Blaze to be used as an everyday watch, then the tapping DEFINITELY needs to work when the Quick View isn't. And Quick View is hardly working well, in fact I was hoping for an option to keep the watch face on the screen permanently - even if the battery life would suffer.

By the way, it just took me 8 taps to get the Original face to appear.

Best Answer

Maybe Blaze shouldn't wake up by tapping, but it does.....intermittently.  With the display off and without moving my wrist or arm, a single tap on the face will sometimes wake it up.  At other times a quick double-tap will wake it up, and sometimes no amount of taps will wake it up.

I think we all know by now with the number of "issues" with Blaze, what it SHOULD be doing is not what it IS doing.

Best Answer

^^^This.  I just sat here and woke mine up with two taps.  Then one tap.  It's pretty random.  

@KW1 wrote:

Maybe Blaze shouldn't wake up by tapping, but it does.....intermittently.  With the display off and without moving my wrist or arm, a single tap on the face will sometimes wake it up.  At other times a quick double-tap will wake it up, and sometimes no amount of taps will wake it up.

I think we all know by now with the number of "issues" with Blaze, what it SHOULD be doing is not what it IS doing.

Best Answer

I'm also have the issue to non-responsive when the face is not active. I am using the standard clock. Works fine when already "awake".

Best Answer

I just noticed that if I "Tap" where it says "fitbit" on the face, it wakes right up. Maybe not alwasy the first time, but definetly on the second.

Best Answer
I find it very difficult to shutdown from the setting menu. It takes multiple taps on "shutdown", then you have to tap "now" multiple times to get the device to shutdown. I have reset quite a few times with the same result.
Best Answer

It seems that the unresponsiveness is worse when receiving a notification. I feel the vibration but many times I am unable to see the notification even as I flail my wrist around and tap tap tap the screen!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.......there are a number of shortcomings with the blaze.  Probably rushed into production and released too early before fully tested and functional.  I'm giving it another day or two but will probably return mine.

Best Answer

@wilburdean.   You should just swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see the messages.  (No tapping required)

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer