Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing Run exercises

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/6/17

Yesterday, there was a fix released that resolved this issue. Now that I have confirmation that this was resolved, I'm going to close this thread. If this pops up again in the future, please create a new post to report the issue. 

Thanks everyone for your patience! It is always appreciated. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 6/29/17

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was being investigated. Our team was able to identify the problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when the fix will be released. Once the fix is released I will update this thread again. 

Fitbit Update: 6/14/17

Some Blaze users have reported that their run exercises initiated on the tracker are not syncing over to the Fitbit app or web dashboard. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the root cause. Thanks to all who have reported this. I will post any updates on this thread when there is more information available.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
389 REPLIES 389

Ok, so mine is fixed but not due to fitbit. I did an update about a week before the problem started and I think that was the problem. I took the fitbit back to where it was purchased and the guy in the shop said it was a 4 week turn around. So, 4 weeks no fitbit - which is disgusting. Anyway not knowing what else to do we uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. Since then it's been working. Hope this helps? 

Best Answer

How long is it going to be? Given the issue has been happening since the 14th June this is taking an awfully long time.

Best Answer

No fix coming . I gave up and purchased a vivosmart hr . Returned the piece of junk blaze . Now , I completed my usual 5 mile run today . Used my vivosmart for the first time . Stats are different to what my blaze has been recording before it went to **ahem** . So for me . Even before this fault the blaze is not fit for purpose and not accurate. It's basically a upgraded Casio watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After past 10 days of Blaze not synching run exercises - it appears to have rectified all the incorrect entries today. I assume the fix to this issue has been initiated and resolved the issue! Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I was glad to see that some people have reported their tracking device not syncing. Mine has not synced since Saturday evening. The last information I have synced is my last walk in the morning with 50minutes of exercise time,  but went to D.C with my family later in the evening and that went up to 138minutes. I was looking at my weekly report this evening and realized the 83minutes walk int he evening was not there only to realize that the last time my blaze synced was Saturday morning after my morning walking exercise. Looks like the problem is with the device not my phone and I hope they fix it soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still isn't correct, it recorded 4 out of 6 runs last week and yesterdays hasn't synced either.  All recorded exactly the same way!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm very annoyed with this.  A week ago, I contacted Fitbit live chat to ask when this would be resolved.  Not only did they not know this was an issue, I was told the reason my two 6 mile runs in two days were not recording because apparently 6 mile runs are my new normal day and my Fitbit Blaze now thinks that's just a sedentary day for me.  I'm not even making this up - I saved the chat because I was so dumbfounded.  I had to send the agent a link to this forum and say "um, no, there is a problem with the Blaze."  So annoying to pay this much for a device, have it not work, and then get completely bogus support.  C'mon Fitbit.  This isn't cool at all.

Best Answer
I thought my issue was fixed as it registered the running stats for the past 10 days until Sunday. Nothing has synched since Sunday. Hoping this gets fixed ASAP!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my charge 2.  It is the first time I have been told a mile walk is only 6 steps, how can you gain confidance in these trackers when they are always wrong I have been waiting 6 weeks for my replacement bit still no luck.This is the second time I have brought a fitbit and there will not be a third.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I JUST WANTED TO FOLLOW UP TO MY POST ABOVE ABOUT THE RIDICULOUS INFO ABOUT TWO 6-MILE RUNS BEING CONSIDERED SEDENTARY.  EXCUSE ME???

Angeli:Oh i see. so Two runs that hasn't been registered. May I know the duration of run last night and today?
Me:both were a little over an hour. Like an hour 5 minutes and an hour 8 minutes
Me:tonight's run says 68 minutes and 0 calories
Me:on my phone app
Angeli:Oh so each run is just 5 minutes and 8 minutes?
Me:no, 1 hour and 5 minutes, 1 hour and 8 minutes
Angeli:Oh sorry, i didn't see that.
Angeli:So meaning to say, that you've run for like more than an hour and if you can still remember, how many minutes of the duration you run before you take a rest and you run again?
Me:I'm not sure what you're asking. Last night, I had 1 run that lasted 65 minutes, or 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Me:Tonight, I had 1 run that lasted 68 minutes, or 1 hour and 8 minutes.
Me:no stop
Me:during the runs
Angeli:No stop? That's great!
Me:(well the dog had to pee once tonight)
Angeli:Because upon checking on your raw data the run that you did is considered as a sedentary exercise. It means that is not a high intensity that might cause for your Fitbit Blaze not to track it.
Me:that is wrong
Me:On my dashboard, it shows a high intensity workout
Angeli:As you're doing it everyday, the Blaze will recognize it as your normal exercise and not a high intensity run anymore.
Angeli:If the same activity gives you active minutes one day and fewer active minutes the next day, remember that the intensity of exercise is key
Angeli:Often what seems like the exact same amount of effort over the same distance in fact differs slightly enough to change your active minutes total.
Me:It should still register as a run because I click exercise and run on my blaze, and then I click stop when I'm done.
Me:I run a lot and I've never had this problem. My runs are always logged. Now tonight and last night, no logs.
Angeli:And actives minutes is the key for the Blaze to register automatically an activity.
Angeli:Let me further investigate this issue.
Angeli:Thanks for all the additional information.
Me:and this is happening to a lot of people. There are a ton of recent forums of people complaining about it.
Me:It's in your own forum on your own website
Me:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-not-syncing-Run-exercises/td-p/2044916
Angeli:Thank you for that link Lori. I'll check for that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THis is still happening to me. Same with everybody else? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not syncing run exercise. Tried everything. As this is the main feature of the Blaze you would have thought they would want to fix it pretty quickly. I must have told 20-30 people over the last 5 weeks not to bother buying one when they asked if I would recommend it. If everyone else is doing the same it may explain why their share price is steadily sliding. Apple seem to be pretty quick with patches to sort out their big problems.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi carolynne81, when you say, "uninstalled everything and reinstalled", do you mean the Fitbit app?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening to me since I purchased the Blaze and it's a mystery to me why Fitbit is still promoting this product knowing there is a defect. I am waiting for the day when a) Garmin develops a quality alternative or b) Apple gets realistic with their smartwatch pricing then it's sayonara to Fitbit forever.

Very annoyed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm actually doing treadmill runs. I turned on the GPS function. It showed me running around in circles but did display on my dashboard. Tomorrow I will try turning it off and see what happens. It worked great b4 all this nonsense went haywire.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's the most ridiculous explanation ever. 

I have bought my Blaze not even two months ago.  Before my Blaze I had a Surge.  I was doubting if I wanted to buy a Fitbit again.  Several friends of mine insisted on buying other brands of sport watches.  But I have bought my Blaze anyway. 

Since the beginning I wasn't really convinced about my Blaze but I kept it anyway.  But now I am starting to regret my decision of buying a Fitbit again...  

Fitbit, please solve this problem. I don't want it to be wasted money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

O my god . It's some kind of sick wind up this . Are they for real 🤦‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I am replying to my post to update the syncing issue of the blaze to the app. I went for a run today and ran a test at the same time. I didn't want to chance not receiving the run information from the watch so I also started the run in the phone. 

Amazing!! Both apps reported to the application, although the watch claims I ran .12 miles less then the phone with a bit different time but at least it synced up.  

The application gave me all the ques that I had set up in the phone for my run and the watch tracked like normal. It kind of sucks running to apps just to ensure you get the information that you want from the run.

My suggestion to the FITBIT team is to get the watch software up to date with the ability to have access to the running ques offered in the app along with the music starting at the same time, just like the application.

Plus as I stated in an earlier thread, having to start the phone and place it back in your pouch during the start of a race is a bit of a pain in the neck.

I just want to say thanks for doing whatever it was to get this fixed and hopefully others will start seeing the fix on their phones and watches as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
While my app finally updated all runs on the app up through Sun July 2nd, I thought it was fixed; but I've run everyday since Sunday and no runs are showing up in the app, only walks appear on the app. Very disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes