Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing Run exercises

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/6/17

Yesterday, there was a fix released that resolved this issue. Now that I have confirmation that this was resolved, I'm going to close this thread. If this pops up again in the future, please create a new post to report the issue. 

Thanks everyone for your patience! It is always appreciated. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 6/29/17

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was being investigated. Our team was able to identify the problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when the fix will be released. Once the fix is released I will update this thread again. 

Fitbit Update: 6/14/17

Some Blaze users have reported that their run exercises initiated on the tracker are not syncing over to the Fitbit app or web dashboard. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the root cause. Thanks to all who have reported this. I will post any updates on this thread when there is more information available.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Happy to hear some of you report that your Blaze Runs are syncing again! Smiley Happy

Yesterday, there was a fix released that resolved this issue. Now that I have confirmation that this was resolved, I'm going to close this thread. If this pops up again in the future, please create a new post to report the issue. 

Thanks everyone for your patience! It is always appreciated. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
389 REPLIES 389
I just did a hiit workout, walk/run for 65 mins. The steps are being tracked as they always are but in activities and under exercises, nothing shows. When I clicked my steps and then the date, the line graph that shows up shows that I was working hard for an hour but the actual exercise isn't tracked. When I went back and tried to put it in myself, they added steps instead of associating my steps with running. Is there a fix for this?

It may also be important to note that earlier in the day, I went on a walk. That was tracked no problem and shows. Is there only one exercises allowed to be tracked?
Best Answer

Hi, @iCalen - looks like noone has replied to you yet.  Do you have your Auto Recognized Exercises set up in your settings?  Check that out - right now, it only auto recognizes:  Walk, Run., Outdoor Bike, Elliptical, Sport and Aerobic Workout.  I think the last 2 are incredibly vague and not sure what type of movement would prompt these so I have them set to Ignore.  

When I do a Boot Camp, Cross Fit, HIIT type workout, I go to Exercises, on my Blaze and choose the Bootcamp option then hit start and stop at the beginning and end of my workout.  It will track your steps while you are running or walking and your heart rate the whole time to give you an accurate calorie burn for your workout.  

I hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is syncing all my data except my exercise. I went for a run last night and recorded it on my watch. Went into the app to look at the splits etc. And there was no exercise activity. The day before was missing also. Any idea why? 

Lily 

Best Answer

I had the same issue. I went for a run last night and non of the info is showing up on the app. It shows that I went for a 19 minute run, but no other info. My dashboard on my computer doesn't even show the run at all.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  It started yesterday.  I have tried rebooting my Blaze, disconnecting and reconnecting my Blaze to bluetooth, logging out and back in to Fitbit app.  None of these things worked.  If anyone as other ideas to fix this problem, I would appreciate any comments.  Has anyone heard if Fitbit is having a problem with this issue.   

Best Answer
I'm having the same issue. Sometime after Friday it happened. I went for a jog yesterday and today, I selected non-gps run exercise and hit the go button. When I was through I hit the stop and checkered flag on my Blaze and there was all the data. When I sync to my tablet none of it shows up under the  workout tile, but all the calories and steps have been added to the daily total. Like I say this has only been a problem since the weekend.....help!!!
Ionic, retired Blaze.
Best Answer

Any luck yet? Mines still not synced properly. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

I'm joining the choir. I have the exact same issue. I started my run from the exercise menu on my Blaze. During the run all my stats were displaying correctly and after I finished my run, the summary on my watch also displayed everything correctly. This morning, I can't find any activity on my Fitbit browser dashboard and my app shows the Run, but no data when I go into it.

Best Answer

This is happening to me as well. I have recorded my runs on Monday & Tuesday and the app records the runs time & calories (calories show 0, even though my run was 45 minutes). When I login to the website the run doesn't show. In addition, the app doesn't have any other details from my run. Please fix asap.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue, just in the last few days

Best Answer

Same here! Fitbit please sort this, this has only been a problem since yesterday for me (although I didn't do any exercise on Monday). It worked fine on Sunday when I logged a workout. But a run yesterday and today hasn't logged on the app, even though all the data was on my phone. Please fix this ASAP!

Best Answer

Did a 5k run last night. Started and stopped run exercise on watch and saw all the detailed on the watch at the end but it did not record the activity to my log. But it did show the steps and calories on the graphs. Anyone know why?

Thanks Peter

Best Answer

I can confirm this. I also have issues with syncing activities to the dashboard. The training is recorded correctly during the run showing all data like mean pulse, .... but when syncing with the device most of the training seems to get lost...Screenshot_20170608-072213.png

see both runs synced with zero calories. When I stop the tracking directly after the run, everything seemed to be fine. Btw the pulse rate is properly synced and clearly shows the activity but not in the activity section.

any ideas what went wrong here?

Cheers,

dsred

Best Answer

Hi!

I ran yesterday and though my Blaze seemed to be tracking it, the Android app only showed how long I ran - no other info. This morning, I restarted my phone and my Blaze, but I still have the same issue. Is this some Android update gone wrong or is there some issue with my Blaze?

Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

Mine still isn't working. I'm now in contact with Fitbit support who are looking into it. Hopefully a solution will be found very soon!! 

Best Answer

My blaze doesn't seem to be collecting data properly during my run exercises. Seems to work on others though. Always used to work but Tuesday's and today's runs didn't show any data. 

See pictures... IMG_20170608_204448.jpg

Screenshot_20170608-204314.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  set the run on my blaze on Monday, worked fine while running, stats were fine on the watch.  ended the run but nothing showed up on the app.  same happened again tonight !!    its only when running though, the walk and workout options are working fine.  fed up of it now

Best Answer

Blaze is not tracking exercise only steps and walking. Not recording workouts.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @LadyPhinix. If you want to see the map that the Blaze registers, you need to select the activity "Run" directly from it. Just swipe to exercise, select run, then it will connect with your phone's GPS and once you finish running, sync your tracker and you will be able to see your information.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes