Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing Run exercises

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/6/17

Yesterday, there was a fix released that resolved this issue. Now that I have confirmation that this was resolved, I'm going to close this thread. If this pops up again in the future, please create a new post to report the issue. 

Thanks everyone for your patience! It is always appreciated. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 6/29/17

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was being investigated. Our team was able to identify the problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when the fix will be released. Once the fix is released I will update this thread again. 

Fitbit Update: 6/14/17

Some Blaze users have reported that their run exercises initiated on the tracker are not syncing over to the Fitbit app or web dashboard. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the root cause. Thanks to all who have reported this. I will post any updates on this thread when there is more information available.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
389 REPLIES 389

So I gave it a try today and just did a 10min run on my treadmill. It actually did sync the steps, distance, calories burned, etc., from my tracker to my phone/computer, except on my computer the workout summary is a total disaster. It shows a pace that makes sense for the first 7 minutes (11'23'), but then completely drops to nothing and is showing outrageous numbers like 658'43" for the last 3 minutes, meanwhile showing my heart rate and calories burned was highest during those last 3 minutes. Basically, it shows my calories burned, heart rate, and heart rate zone is the lowest when the pace was the fastest and then flips to the opposite during the last 3 minutes. The pace isn't really important to me, I care more about minutes and calories burned overall, but it still looks like a disaster and I'm sure would really upset somebody who was focusing on that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mali101 when using the run mode on a stationary device like a treadmill, make sure that GPS is disabled. Since your not moving this is worthless and there is no way of telling how it will affect distance or pace.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I don't think they even know what's up. I'm really thinking about jumping ship on Fitbit and going to Apple....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thank you I'll definitely do that next time! It was a total mess on my screen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes again today afyer selecting run and completing it, it did not register the stats after synching on my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes
The blaze is supposed to "learn" your stride length when you run with your
phone. Or you can input your stride length if you know it.
Maybe take your phone a couple of times and see if that helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I take my phone every time I run.
This non syncing issue just started.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having issues for past few weeks. I run with my phone, gps mode, and manually start run recognition. Today it actually synced to my iPhone.  After shuffling my music, I opened the Fitbit app before clicking start run. Not sure if it is fixed or the change in my process allowed it to recognize. All I know is tracked today but didn't sync my last few runs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I want to confirm this bug with missing run activity:

Screenshot_2017-07-01-11-12-37-244_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.png

Also just want to add that running in one direction blaze measure 2.19km (mostly downhill). Returning back, using the same track but now Walk activity is on, 1.92km is distance (?). 300m difference? For me this is very inaccurate device tbh...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you - following

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ran 106 miles in June. My Blaze only logged six miles at the beginning of the month. I went back to check and those runs that were logged are no longer there. Ugh!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you please ensure that we do receive regular updates?  From my perspective, having just upgraded to a Blaze from a Charge HR, this is a ridiculous issue to encounter.  Analysis of exercise routines is the highest priority.  Fortunately, I can get some oversight directly from the device in the immediate aftermath of exercise but it is not transferring to the app.  

This is a really poor first impression of the product.

Best Answer

They have no fix . Take a walk up and down some stairs . This will show you how poor the blaze is . Never mind not logging exercises .... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@mari5ha Understand that the distance is based on step count/stride length. The difference you're noticing is because your running and/or walking stride distance is not set right in the app. Of course your stride is variable based on whether you're going up or down hill so matching it in the app would be difficult. Non-gps walking/running distance should just be considered a ballpark number. Now the accuracy of a gps connected walk or run is a whole different story.
Ionic, retired Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jwebb72

This topic is very important for me, as I am basically a new blaze user I really wnat to hear opinion from other users regarding the most correct way for counting distance.

Which method is more accurate, counting steps or GPS distance counter?

As you say if running track has up and downs, then steps will not be so accurate. Also its useless for me to carry Blaze, if I need to pick up my phone for GPS tracking. In that case I don't need Blaze at all... (?)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Re: Blaze
Ok, so after wearing my Fitbit Blaze I have discovered several design flaws with it.
Because it is not loaded with GPS you must carry your phone with you in order to get the most accurate but not 100% on steps and mileage.
I am finding that by starting my run from the watch when the program is working, tracks about 1/2 mile different which is a huge concern when your training for a run.
It also does not give you voice commands when starting by the watch.
At this point I'm starting the run tracker by my phone so it will log it.
With all this in mind, my answer is if your a runner, try to find a watch specific to running with GPS...
At this point the blaze watch is rendered pretty useless due to their software writing abilities.
I would hold off on this purchase until you have researched other brands.

I have enjoyed the Fitbit but they have had 2 software issues that have rendered it useless and we are held captive until they fix it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AZWeedWacker

Tbh I am not so much concerned about this software bug. I know that soon or later Fitbit will solve it.

For me personally is much bigger issue, that the same running track show difference between both directions for almost 300m. 

And you also highlight the key point, buy device with inbuilt GPS option.

Unfortunately we already buy device without GPS support and I dont want to carry phone with me (or to wear Blaze if I use phone for running). Its stupid to that we need to pick up 2 devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started this post. Another 10k today this time a PB but not logged.  V frustrating, good kid I took my phone with Nike run loaded so at least it's recorded there!!

garmin here I come!

Best Answer

Hello! 

Is there any news about solving this problem?

Because I have the same problem.  Saturday I went for a run, there was no problem with syncing my excercise with the app and synced well with my Strava app.  

But yesterday I went for a 2 hour walk with a friend, today I went for run. But none of these two will sync the excercise. But my dashboard has counted the steps and distance.  

I have also noticed since yesterday that the distance isn't always accurate.  The walk I made was 8k. On the Garming of my friend it was 10k.  And I know by making frequently that same walk it's certainly 10k.  Also, normally I do a 5k run in about 34 minutes.  Today it was about 30 minutes.   Or I did a very very very good run, that would be great 😄 or the distance is correct... 

So, I wanted to share this with you guys. Hopefully you can solve the problem soon. 😉 Thanks in advance! 

Katrien from Belgium!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit please update us! This issue has been reported by your customers for over a month now. 

Best Answer