Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze records too many floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze record far too many floors being walked. During a golf game and using an electric golf cart , my blaze recorded 150 floors. During a normal day it will record 50 to 75 floors. 

This just happened over the last few weeks. What can I do to fix the problem. I don't like getting badges that I don't earn. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Leonardc and welcome to the Community!

Since this is a Blaze question and not a Flex question, I am moving this post to the Blaze forum.  You might have a better chance of getting a solution to your problem over there.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for moving the post to the correct board @DramaQueenDiva

Welcome to the Community @Leonardc! I believe the reason why it's logging some extra floors, it's because of the golf cart that you're using. In this case, you may want to log driving as an activity in your Dashboard to delete those floors. 

Additionally, you may want to vote for this idea "drive mode" because those suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I am not sure that your explanation is correct. I have not played golf today and I live in a bungalow and so far I have logged 42 floors.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for those details @LeonardcYour tracker detects floors using an altimeter, which is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure decreases with increasing elevation, so the tracker calculates elevation gain based on the reduction in atmospheric pressure. Your tracker registers a floor when it detects continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of 7 to 10 feet. 

Your tracker may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Occasionally your tracker may detect pressure changes unrelated to elevation gains, such as a gust of wind, weather change, or opening a door. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors being counted. This happens if the pathway to the altimeter on the back of your tracker becomes temporarily blocked with sweat or water. We recommend that your tracker be worn loosely during exercise. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer