Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze shows route?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
On the commercial for the blaze it says it can show you the route but I can't find a screen shot of it anywhere or a description of that feature. Am I missing something or being mislead? At about 23 seconds in the video it says "get realtime stats and see the route you took". Anybody?
Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

racertempo wrote:

Confusing, yes.....misleading, maybe (I don't think it was done intentionally).

Very strange they didn't have the runner whip out a phone to check her maps to go along with the narration. Have you seen how bright the display is on the Surge advertising shots?  Have you seen the clock that's not available for the Blaze but is shown on the website?  There is a lot of advertising about a battery that lasts 5 days, but I've been told to turn off all day synch and some other functionality to achieve this, and after the last firmware update of Charge HR many seem to be getting only 2 days or less.  Advertising is a funny thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:
Maybe, but people are all ready complaining that the print is to small. For me the screen on the watch is to small for a map.

@Rich_Laue Hmm, unfortunate, and I agree after looking at specs. The Blaze vs AW 42mm is a study in contrasts. Blaze is overall bigger/bulkier, but screen is smaller (1.25" diagonal vs 1.54") and very low density display (240x180 pixels vs 390x312).

Yes, it seems on Blaze print would be small and maps problematic with such low resolution and small display. Ok for displaying stats but you wouldn't want to view pics or maps or read much text.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont have "maps" on my app.  It just has heart rate, calories, and impact.......  How do I get maps???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open App and make sure you are on Dashboard (lower left icon on bottom nav bar). Click on "Track exercise" and now you can scroll through all your tracked activities. Any Connected GPS or Mobile Track activities will have a map.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

And how do I see it in both? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

and the phone must be connected to the internet or only gps is enough?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The phone needs a clear line/view of tye satellites,  internet has nothing to do with this and can be turned off. This would be easier to test than to ask. Im not sure how ios works, but on android it is best to also have location to look at towers and wifi hotspots also. This actually makes android more precise, since there are many things that can throw tye GPS off. Your navigation app has an advantage knowing that you must be on a road, the Fitbit does not have this advantage and monitoring towers gives the phone a reference point.

By both @Kmilacesar are you refferring to the Fi5bit app and web based dashboard?  In both it is almost the same process, tap the exercise tile, choose the event that you want to see, the map will show. On the web, tap the exercise tile and choose show more.

If by both your refferring to the Blaze and the app,  the Blaze only records the GPS points. It has no ability to draw a map.

Best Answer
0 Votes