Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze shows route?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
On the commercial for the blaze it says it can show you the route but I can't find a screen shot of it anywhere or a description of that feature. Am I missing something or being mislead? At about 23 seconds in the video it says "get realtime stats and see the route you took". Anybody?
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@Luxuriouspunk wrote:
"get realtime stats and see the route you took". Anybody?

@Luxuriouspunk were you expecting to see the route on your Blaze? Understandable, the video implies realtime stats and seeing the route are features of the Blaze.  

Unfortunately you "get realtime stats" on the Blaze, but "see the route you took" is not available on the Blaze.

Maps of the route you took are only available on your phone's Fitbit app, or Fitbit web dashboard.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I agree the other two posters didn't notice the commercial is misleading.

The commercial makes it sound like seeing the route you took is a feature of the Blaze. Unfortunately it is not, maps are only a feature of Fitbit app and web dashboard.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks but is this intentionaly ambiguous? Page 15 of the Blaze manual under 'Using the exercise menu' it says,"Our connected GPS
feature works with your phone to map your routes." So I'm guessing if it's this hard to get a straight answer I'm being mislead.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Our connected GPS(with a tap of the screen your Blaze connects to your GPS)
feature works with your phone(it is the phone the Blaze connects to) to map your routess(draws a pretty picture of where you walked on a map)
You might want to read
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Connected-GPS-Information-Post/td-p/1196261/

This is a map from the Surge,  but it could be the Blaze or the Firbit app in tracking mode.

Screenshot_2016-03-04-02-41-26.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Luxuriouspunk wrote:
"get realtime stats and see the route you took". Anybody?

@Luxuriouspunk were you expecting to see the route on your Blaze? Understandable, the video implies realtime stats and seeing the route are features of the Blaze.  

Unfortunately you "get realtime stats" on the Blaze, but "see the route you took" is not available on the Blaze.

Maps of the route you took are only available on your phone's Fitbit app, or Fitbit web dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think you're understanding the question. The commercial makes it sound like you can see the map on your watch," get real-time stats and see the route you took". I know I can see my route on a phone (as with almost every running app) but, can I see it on the watch? That's a feature I'm interested in.

Side note: I'm very impressed with how fast the response time is on this thread.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I agree the other two posters didn't notice the commercial is misleading.

The commercial makes it sound like seeing the route you took is a feature of the Blaze. Unfortunately it is not, maps are only a feature of Fitbit app and web dashboard.

Best Answer

Well ypu can not see the route your walking on the Blaze, you can see on the Blaze in realtime the stats for your walk. As stated above the map is availible af5er you sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Luxuriouspunk wrote:
I know I can see my route on a phone (as with almost every running app) but, can I see it on the watch? That's a feature I'm interested in.

It is a nice feature, I've got it on my non-Fitbit smartwatch. 

Best Answer

If we want to talk about a comercial it would be nice to post a link to it, so we all know what we ate reverting to.

We have been explaining what is possible since we have no idea of what commercial is being revered to

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is the Blaze commercial link, for everyone to use a reference.

https://youtu.be/3k3DNT54NkA

Please read my original post carefully as I refer to this commercial twice, in detail, and quote it, by name, and refer to it at a specific time.
Best Answer

@Luxuriouspunk wrote:
Here is the Blaze commercial link, for everyone to use a reference.

https://youtu.be/3k3DNT54NkA

Please read my original post carefully as I refer to this commercial twice, in detail, and quote it, by name, and refer to it at a specific time.

Thanks for adding the link, after watching it again I understand that it could be misleading since it showed the little map in the top corner.....but it did not say you could see it on the Blaze itself, just that you could see the route you took, which we all know is on the app.

Confusing, yes.....misleading, maybe (I don't think it was done intentionally).

I don't know of any watch that shows you the route on the watch-itself, even my Tomtom cardio did not do that, but maybe that is why you were excited....that this might be such a cool feature.  I am not sure that could ever be possible without a built-in GPS.

Best Answer
That is too bad and yes, that is why I was excited. It would be nice to see my route in real-time on my watch. Then I could make quick decisions on where to go next without having to get out my phone. I have used many running apps on my phone and many of them have single features that make me want to use them(ie. Nike+ heat map feature shows your pace on your route, it makes it easy to see changes in pace on your route map). I suppose I will request this as a feature when using connected GPS. I have never used a fitbit and I am looking for a running focused smart watch with exceptional battery life. If this feature where made available I would definitely buy a Blaze.

Cheers and thank you to everyone who posted.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Luxuriouspunk a few examples from my Apple Watch:

Cyclemeter supports realtime maps on the watch, screenshots from my morning dog walk:

Cyclemeter realtime map #1

and about a quarter mile later:

IMG_2034.jpg

When I raise my wrist, watch display wakes up and map updates within 2-3 seconds.

When finished, Cyclemeter on watch doesn't show you the whole route on a map. They could, just hasn't been implemented. The phone app has everything you want, both during and after activity.

Strava doesn't show map while walk/ride is in progress, however it does show route map when you are finished. I took a quick ride after my walk:

IMG_2044.jpg

^ quick ride around the block. Strava doesn't put route over a map, again its possible but Strava hasn't implemented that feature. Phone app has everything from the ride, both during and after activity.

You can of course open Maps on Watch while tracking an activity in Strava or Cyclemeter, and easily zoom in and out, and pan the map.

On the phone, during the activity, you can open the tracking app (Strava or Cyclemeter) and see the entire route up to that point, drawn on a map, and showing your current location. Of course you can pan and zoom the map on the phone. 

Would be nice if Blaze had map feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apple watch only lasts 18hrs right?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I normally end the day with about 40% battery. I'd say 36 hours on average, with say 1 hour in exercise mode (uses more battery). Really depends on how you use it. On days of heavy usage, say I take 3 hour ride in morning, I throw it on the charger when I get back and shower. About 30 minutes later charge is back up in 90-100% range. A couple weeks ago I bought a $3 app that does sleep tracking among other things, so although I don't find any benefits from sleep tracking decided to give it a whirl. Quick charge at night and in morning and I had no problems going 24x7 with it - and that week included 3 long 3 hour rides, a couple of 75 minute spin sessions at 5am, and a 6 hour 96 mile ride on Saturday. 

Garmin Fenix 3 has some mapping stuff, and incredible battery life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Luxuriouspunk wrote:
Apple watch only lasts 18hrs right?

All day use is 18 hours (google search)..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
All day use is 18 hours (google search)..

First article in my search:

http://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/apple-watch-battery-life-how-many-hours-does-it-last--1291435

Apple's 18 hours spec is "mixed use" consisting of:

- 90 time checks

- 90 notifications

- 45 minutes of app use

- 30-minute workout with music playback via Bluetooth

Thats far more than I do in a typical day (5am - 10pm), therefore I end my day with 30-50% battery.

Apple has also published battery data for individual tasks:

• Audio playback: 6.5 hours paired with an iPhone using preproduction software with music playback from Apple Watch via Bluetooth.
  • Watch test: Up to 48 hours, based on 5 time checks (4 seconds each) per hour.
  • Talk time: Up to 3 hours paired to an iPhone.
  • Workout test: Up to 7 hours with a workout session active and the heart rate sensor on.
  • Power reserve: If the battery gets too low, the Apple Watch automatically switches into Power Reserve mode and will continue to display the time for up to 72 hours.

Typical day for me - 10-12 time checks, 30-40 notifications, and exercise mode for 60-120 minutes. Wake up at 5am and in bed around 10pm. My battery is at 30-50% when I go to bed. I've done a 6 hour bike ride and battery lasted the entire ride with about 10% left at end (don't remember exactly).

Best Answer

Would be nice for Blaze to get some mapping features in the future

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe, but people are all ready complaining that the print is to small. For me the screen on the watch is to small for a map.
Best Answer
0 Votes