Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stopped holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi i have had my Blaze for 3 years, a few days ago it started draining after a day. Now it won't last a whole day, i have checked this forum and found an answer from Fitbit about draining battery. The solution was laughable, it was to switch off the following - bluetooth, quick view, all day sync & heart rate monitor!!! now i'm left with a fitness tracker that just tells the time !!! Great advice from customer support. 

Could this be software related or has my fitbit finished, in which case i'll not be getting another fitbit product.

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

@Philmorris2412 

I've just ordered a Active2, I've had 2 Fitbits and both now have had battery issues just after the end of the warranty. I was looking at getting a new Smartwatch and was looking at the Ionic but I just have visions of being here again in 2 years with battery issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also facing similar issue, the battery shows full when I put it on charge and the moment I take it out from charge the screen just blacks out. I tried restarting the device multiple times but the issue still remains. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I’ll give it a go

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone bought a new battery? Has that helped at all?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JessieJess  last time I checked, the battery was $57 and having the guy install it was more. I can't say putting that much money into the Blaze would be worth it for me, though it might be for others. Mother's Day sale is going on, so prices on new devices,with a warranty,is pretty attractive.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

You made me realized that my fitbit is under my wife’s account...this happening just before mother's’ day makes be yet more suspicious about the abrupt performance change.

Best Answer

Sent an email to fitbit over a week ago and still no respons .  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup I got mine in 2016 and never had an issue till this last week. It’s completely drained after just sitting for 6 hours. I’ve done all of there recommendations posted in these forums but nothing. 

I think it’s safe to say at this point it’s not how old the device is, but more of a software issue...

Best Answer

I'm having exactly same problem, and having chatted with Fitbit they have condemned my blaze and offered 25% off new watch, but why has my watch suddenly failed to Hold charge. I have noted a Covid19 tab on my phone, when did this appear and can you remove it as this could be problem?

I have tried pressing back and bottom right button but nothing happens, how do I do a hard reset? Can I dismantle the watch? What it small hole in rear for can this be the answer to hard reset?

please provide a practical solution as Fitbit have done something in last few weeks that is affecting my watch.

your suggestion for me to buy another fitbit with a 25% discount is not acceptable and doesn't wash for an error from fitbit, until resolved I will never purchase another fitbit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG seriously? Good for you that -at least- they gave you a discount... for me it is time to find another option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Atleast you had a reply 

Disgraceful customer service

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello.

Indeed Fitbit seems to have a real problem with their batteries.

My Fitbit Blaze is 27 months old and it started packing up. With all APPS turned off it lasts just 24 hours. 

Fitbit seems not to be prepared to do anything about it as it is...out of warranty.

So yes you don't buy a $ 369.00 Smart Fitness Watch for it to last only 27 months !!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PACMIGEOT  the Blaze was never priced that much. I think it was $129.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello
I still have the original packaging with the price sticker : $ 369.00
Best Answer
0 Votes

They wont do jack S#$t for you! My blaze and fitbit Alta magically stooped working completely within 48hrs of each other. All fitbit could say was, "this is the first we've heard of this", that's when I lost it on the phone with them. They did go as far as to send me a new Alta as a courtesy and when it arrived IT DIDN'T EVEN WORK LMFAO. I called and told them yu have to be kidding me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

told them the same exact same thing. I said hell ya'll need to team up with Apple because their iPhones stop working when new models come out lol.

I will say to everyone, if you can solder the battery replacement takes less than 10 minutes and your right back in action. They;re cheap to buy on ebay, they even come with the tools needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you get it @PACMIGEOT ? Got me curious.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you like your Garman unit? And what models if you don’t mind? Also if anybody has one of those blaze like I said before the batteries are easy to swap out but if Smiley’s got one it’s gone to crap I’ll be willing to buy it depending on condition from PayPal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is exactly the same I was previously told to sync it up to 6 times a day!, Inalso find difficulty getting it to sync. Carrying out all the instructions to restart phone, Bluetooth , blaze etc does nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Non of the fixes you mention or that are on the help page make any difference. I also have problems syncing my blaze to my phone, I was advised to sync it up to 6 times daily, this doesn’t happen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes