Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stopped tracking heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze last week stopped tracking my heart rate and the green lights arn't turning on. I've tried cleaning it, re syncing, and shutdown. Has anyone dealt with a similar issue?

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Hey there, @Poffenbe!

Sorry to hear that your tracker isn't working properly! Smiley Sad
It sounds like the Heart Rate feature on your tracker is turned off. To turn it back on, swipe to the Settings module on your tracker, and scroll down in that module to the button that says "Heart Rate." Assuming it is turned off, press it once more to switch it into Auto mode, and once more to switch it into On mode.

If you need anything else, let me know, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.

- Ben

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello
Yes that was the first thing I checked when it stopped working. My apologies for not stating that. When it first stopped working I switched it from auto to on.

Liz

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with the heart monitor and the sleep tracker isn't working either 

Best Answer
Hello
Yes that was the first thing I checked when it stopped working. My apologies for not stating that. When it first stopped working I switched it from auto to on.

Hey there, @Poffenbe!

Sorry to hear that my answer didn't solve the issue! Smiley Sad
Another solution to this is to use the Fitbit app. What you're going to want to do is open up the Fitbit app on your mobile device. Next, your going to want to go to Settings > Heart Rate. Assuming it's on Off mode, switch it back into On mode. If this doesn't work, I would try restarting the tracker. You can restart your tracker by holding down the left button and bottom-right button of the tracker for about 3-5 seconds. I noticed you tried "Shutting down" the tracker to solve the issue, but the "Shutdown" feature does not restart the tracker.

If you need anything else, let me know, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.

- Ben

Best Answer

I was having the same problem but looks like the restart worked. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi, l was having problems with heart rate monitor too , restart has fixed it ! Thankyou all !! chessiewoo 🙂

Best Answer

Heart rate tracker and step tracking not working. Tried toggling from auto to off and to on again.  Also tried resetting with left and right bottom buttons. Still not working. It's a blaze.

Best Answer

Hey everyone!

I am sorry to hear about the heart rate issue you all are experiencing and appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this. I recommend taking a look at this post, where you will be able to see some things that might be affecting this reading and some tips to improve it.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything that has been mentioned in the replies and it still doesn't work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Daveh1010. I would like to know if you have get in touch with our support team, have they offer you a solution for this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Spoke to your colleague's on several occasions and all they can offer is 20% discount on a new tracker which I can't afford to pay for , this is the 3rd tracker I've had in the past 3-4 years. I was offered a replacement first time round when I had the surge, the replacement one broke so I bought myself the blaze and now the battery only last 2 days the heart rate monitor doesn't work so the sleep monitor doesn't work either. I can't believe fitbit doesn't have a repair centre.

Thanks for the help
Mr David Harrison
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Daveh1010, thanks for getting back!

I'm very sorry about this situation. It's been a couple of years since our warranty policies were updated in order to be consistent with all our users. When the warranty expires, our team will offer in most cases a discount on the purchase of a new tracker unlike other companies.

If there is any other thing we can help you with, we'll be happy to do so!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi
The replacement that I got was for the fitbit surge which broke and then I purchased a brand new fitbit blaze so on purchasing the fitbit blaze it should've had a full 2 year warranty as this a completely different fitbit that I purchased you can't carry the warranty policy over to a new product the new product has its own 2 year warranty

Thanks

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Daveh1010

And what you say is certainly true. If you're in the EU, the warranty is of 2 years. When was it that you got the Fitbit Blaze? If it was not earlier than the end of June or the beginning of July of 2016, it should still be under warranty.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi
Thanks for your quick response, yes I do live in the Europe think it was purchased the last week of June

Thanks

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped working last week, tried powering off & on. Turned heart rate off & on to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze started facing exactly the same problem last Sunday. I also carried out all basic steps the way you have stated, but to no avail.

As mysteriously as it started, it also got over by itself by Tuesday morning. My Blaze is back to normal functioning.

What's the status of your Blaze now.

SR

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is going on week 2 of not working 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's unfortunate.

I wish i could help you with resolving the issue.

However, mine getting fixed was not directly linked to any action that i took. It started working by itself.

Hope that something similar will happen with yours too.

Cheers

Sanjeev

Best Answer
0 Votes