Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI my blaze just stopped working. Last night I tried to check the time and it wouldn't do anythig. I assumed the battery had died so I put it on the charger. When I did that the clock face come on so I left it. This morning I put it on and then tried to check time and it wouldn't turn on. When I put it on charge it's fully charge fitbit logo comes on but does nothing else. When I take off charger it dosent turn on nothing. What can I do??

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Power may have gotten a little low that last sync before you charged last night @Madlt

Try this:

1. Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen again. (about 10 - 15 secs)
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. Now your Blaze should work normally.  If you still can't press the left button and get some sort of display when you swipe the logo immediately left to right with your finger, please contact Customer Support for personalized help with a deeper dive.

Be sure to let us know when all is well 🙂

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
thank you! I tried doing that but it didn't help. I called customer service and they are sending me a replacement tracker.
Best Answer

Hi @Madlt @wmchapman. Good to see you both in the Community! 🙂

I'm sorry that you were having problems with your Blaze not responding but I'm glad that our Support Team wes able to help you out and soon you will be  back on track.

Also thanks @wmchapman for the awesome advise.

Anything else, let us know! We'll be happy to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
They replaced my Blaze with a refurbished pebble and that doesn't work correctly either! Now I got an email telling me since thet replaced the pebble once I'm out of luck! I paid $226.80 for this in April of this year and that's the kind of warranty that I got for that price??? It's not my fault that neither works! Very upset ex-customer here now! I guarantee that I will never recommend a Fitbit to anyone! I should have just spent the extra $50.00 and bought a iWatch!!!
Best Answer

@Outcasted2003  you should still be covered by warranty. click here

When purchased from an authorized retailer, the warranty is 365 days from date of purchase. If you have a receipt as proof, you should be covered.

Have you tried some troubleshooting?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
Yes, have tried all the trouble shooting that we can think of! I bought my Blaze from Verizon the same company that has my cellular service and have the receipt.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Outcasted2003. Good to see you around!

I'm sorry about this situation but as @Odyssey13 says, you should be covered under the warranty.

What is exactly happneing with your new tracker and what happened to the previous one?

Best Answer
It keeps shutting down by itself and will not accurately track anything that I do! It's definitely a bad replacement pebble!
Best Answer
0 Votes
The original one just stopped working and couldn't be revived no matter what we tried.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm I see @Outcasted2003. Thanks for getting back.

I can recommend getting in touch with the Support Team one more time, explain your situation, that you've received a faulty replacement and that you're still under warranty for them to check on that and to be able to help you out with this.

Let us know what they say.

Best Answer

I had a smaller fitbit for years and finally got the Blaze earlier this week.  I've had it a few days and, after recharging it for the first time, it seemed to stop working.  It showed the time, but wouldn't sync or do much of anything else.  I knew there was probably a solution to "reboot" it, found this, and it seems to work!

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat.  I fully charged my blaze this morning, it was working fine all day and then suddenly nothing.  No display at all.  I tried putting it back on charge, but it didn't even recognise that it was in the charger.  I tried the reset and the fitbit logo appeared, but then disappeared and nothing works again.

I've only had it since February this year.

Best Answer

Hi there @kayemmdee! Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you were having problems with your tracker but I'm super happy to hear that the suggestions worked for you and that now you're back on track! 😄

@Spursinoz, Good to see you in the Community as well! 😄

Such a bummer that your tracker is not working as it should 😕 I'm very sorry to hear that. Since you've already tried to restart your tracker and this hasn't helped, I'd like to forward your case to our Support department. They will be happy to take a closer look and get you back on track with the available options based on your warranty.

Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions and if you need more help, let me know!

Best Answer

My Blaze has stopped working nothing comes on I put own charge but nothing comes on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I try pushing those buttons together and my Blaze just shows notifications and won't reset?  I'm really starting to grow frustrated with my Blaze

Best Answer

Hi there @Gage82 @rickeywayneezel. Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Blaze not working as it should 😕

@rickeywayneezel, I'd recommend restarting your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

@Gage82, make sure you're pressing the left and lower right physical buttons together for 10-12 seconds. The tracker should vibrate when it has restarted.

Please let me know if you need more help with this!

Best Answer

Hello and welcome to the forums @rickeywayneezel and @Gage82

Here is the link (click here) to learn how to restart your Blaze. There is also a way to turn the Blaze off and on, too. Read the article.

@Gage82when I restart mine, I hold it in my left hand and hold in both buttons and wait until the screen gets brighter and the logo shows. It takes a bit of time to get used to doing it, but you should be fine.

Let us know how things go for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
Got it! Thanks. It seems to be working now. 😁

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Great to hear that @Gage82 😄

Let us know if you need more help!

Best Answer