Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI my blaze just stopped working. Last night I tried to check the time and it wouldn't do anythig. I assumed the battery had died so I put it on the charger. When I did that the clock face come on so I left it. This morning I put it on and then tried to check time and it wouldn't turn on. When I put it on charge it's fully charge fitbit logo comes on but does nothing else. When I take off charger it dosent turn on nothing. What can I do??

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Thanks Mr Chapman. Worked perfectly on my blaze.

Best Answer

My battery is dieing very quickly. What trouble shooting pointers were you provided?

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so frustrated with my Blaze.  I've worn it for a year now no issues until I noticed a few weeks ago when I put it in the charger it didn't light up immediately as normal but eventually did light up and starting charging.  Today it tracked all my steps etc then just before bed I looked at the time..it was dead, I assumed battery so I put it in the charger. It did not light up. I left it there hopine it would charge. Checked it this morning, still dead. I tried the buttons ,nothing.  Put back on the charger checked it about 30 min later and it felt like it was on fire and smelled hot. Unplugged it and tried the buttons again.... nothing happened. 

A $178 device should last longer than 13mos of normal wear on a 50ish woman's arm...no harsh treatment to the device is my point.  Please tell me there is something I can do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. After 12 months my blaze failed in a very similar way. I did not experience the burning smell or heat but the battery was draining rapidly. I contacted Fitbit and spoke to customer services who were great. They was able to log into my device remotely and see there was a problem. They replaced my blaze without problem. I also said that it might be the charging dock so they replaced that too. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tsharp911 have cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks, I had the very same problem and your advice has worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! You seem awesome at answering questions!

Hubby and I both received Blaze trackers for Christmas this past year. Both stopped keeping time and syncing on the same day. I did the left & right button trick. It fixed mine after resetting (yay!)...but it is not helping with hubby's tracker. His clock is hours off and it will not sync with his phone.

Any suggestions?? These are only 4 minutes this old!!

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You likely have tried some of these suggestions, but I'll share the things I did when troubleshooting my Blaze.

Have your hubby delete and reinstall the Fitbit app on his phone. Try and pair it again with his phone.
Check your phones Bluetooth settings to make sure it isn't finding his Blaze as well, if it is forget his device will stop it from trying to connect with yours.
Try the reset a few times, holding the buttons. Also try the hard reset on the device if you can get to that menu, it says Shutdown, I believe.
Verify that his Bluetooth is in fact finding and connecting to his device - have him forget your device as well (just in case).
Make sure you're device software is up to date.
You can contact Fitbit and see if they can send a replacement unit as it should still be under warranty. I'm not sure any of these will work for you. I ended up having to get a new device, as the refurbished one they provided me with failed - battery stopped charging after 1 month.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried this?
1. Uninstall the fitbit app2. Reinstall the fitbit app 3. Make sure your "auto sync" on your mobile phone is switched on in your settings 4. Sync your fitbit to your app.
Hope this helps you out.

Sent from Paul True.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aymeecp first yhongtI'll ask is what type of phone does your husband have? 

Has your husband's tracker ever been attached to a different phone or device that might still be nearby and turned on? 

Restarting the tracker and the phone would be a good start .Removing the tracker from the phones Bluetooth would be a second step .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I exactly have the same problem with my Blaze that is just bought 4 months back. One fine day, it wasn't showing anything on the screen.  So I put it on the charger, but  it turned very hot, I felt like it was about to burst, got scared too. Anyway removed from charger, after it cooled down, found that it did not work again. Surprised, how can a brand new product can stop working in less than 6 months.

Called the customer support, they have asked me to send the Blaze to them and waiting for the return Label from Fitbit. Once I receive the label will send it to Fitbit. Expecting Fitbit to send me a new replacement. Will keep this forum updated what I hear from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Satjos. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you were having problems with your Blaze but I'm very happy to hear that our Support Team is helping you with this and hopefully we can have you back on track very soon!

If you need anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Brilliant quick fix for me!

Thank you Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, Glad it worked, happy to help. Sent from Paul True.
Best Answer
0 Votes