Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze touch screen lock feature

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've been a Fitbit user for some time now and I've always promoted and praised the company. However after reading through and posting in threads about this issue I've noticed just how long people have been complaining about the issue of long sleeves, boxing gloves, or in my case HOCKEY GLOVES hitting the screen or buttons and stopping/ending a workout. I just wish this issue could finally be fixed! Perhaps with a button combination held for 3 seconds or so too lock the device? I play hockey be it practice or a game, 5-6 times a week. It's just becoming increasingly frustrating to continue have my workouts tracked so inaccurately since they are pausing as soon as I jump the boards for a shift....I really loved my charge hr and I do love my blaze, but I need it to function properly and this issue seems to be affecting many people. I want to continue to support and promote your products but this is kind of a deal breaker. @Fitbit
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner have you added your comment and vote to the feature suggestion. 

I was really hoping this feature would have been added during this update. 

It might be that thevdevelooerschave not come up with a great way of adding this. 

I remember when the ability to add multiple tracker a was requested, people kept saying it was easy and to do what the other companies do. That is out a switch in the app to tell fitbit what tracker to use, Fitbit had other and way easier ideas but it took longer time to implement. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
46 REPLIES 46

@SunsetRunner have you added your comment and vote to the feature suggestion. 

I was really hoping this feature would have been added during this update. 

It might be that thevdevelooerschave not come up with a great way of adding this. 

I remember when the ability to add multiple tracker a was requested, people kept saying it was easy and to do what the other companies do. That is out a switch in the app to tell fitbit what tracker to use, Fitbit had other and way easier ideas but it took longer time to implement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I absolutely AGREE!!! I love by fitbit blaze however, I use it while boxing and the tracker stops during every single workout. It's so disappointing. So much so that I started looking into switching to the Apple Watch because the touchscreen isn't as sensitive.  Fitbit please add the screen lock feature. 

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I've been a Fitbit user for some time now and I've always promoted and praised the company. However after reading through and posting in threads about this issue I've noticed just how long people have been complaining about the issue of long sleeves, boxing gloves, or in my case HOCKEY GLOVES hitting the screen or buttons and stopping/ending a workout. I just wish this issue could finally be fixed! Perhaps with a button combination held for 3 seconds or so too lock the device? I play hockey be it practice or a game, 5-6 times a week. It's just becoming increasingly frustrating to continue have my workouts tracked so inaccurately since they are pausing as soon as I jump the boards for a shift....I really loved my charge hr and I do love my blaze, but I need it to function properly and this issue seems to be affecting many people. I want to continue to support and promote your products but this is kind of a deal breaker. @Fitbit

Best Answer

@shasha10 Forget less sensitive, they actually have a lock screen to allow it to track your exercise without it pausing inadvertently. lol.

It really is a pity fitbit hasn't fixed this once users pointed out the obvious need.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with cycling.  It's winter up north and I have pogies on my bars and my ride rarely gets fully logged since once I get a little sweaty the touch screen screws up my ride.  I don't even know why you can pause a workout with the screen when the side buttons can do the same.  The touch screen adds no value for this function.  It would be great if the next update turned the touchscreen off completely for pausing a workout.

Best Answer

How is this an accepted solution????  

There is no solution yet!

My Blaze has become almost useless in the winter while wearing a jacket.  I rarely get a full workout recorded since as soon as my arms get sweaty the touchscreen gets activated and it stops.  Will this get fixed?

Best Answer

So I am a runner and for the first time this year wore a jacket with my normal longsleeve shirt and my watched finished a work out multiple times.... This is incredibley annoying. Has anyone tried wearing watch on the outside of a jacket? It would be pretty annoying but I don't want to take any chances of it randomly turning off this weekend at Dallas Half Marathon. If this does not get fixed I may switch to Garmin....

Best Answer

I've thought about wearing it outside a shirt/jacket but you wouldn'g get heartrate...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love a button lock on the blaze. Everytime I'm doing boxing the workout gets turned off. It's so frustrating 

Best Answer

@Mojo07 did you add your vote to the request linked above? It is there that you let the developers know your thoughts. Posting here in the hardware forum is where you let your fellow Fitbit users know what you would like. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not exactly sure. I'm new to this. I sent fitbit a message about it and they sent me a link to vote but it seemed to be more about the surge so wasn't sure if correct one

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mojo07 we have all the tools at our disposal, let's do our own search using the search bar on the feature request page. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for adding another comment to this post. I used to love FitBit however I've had it with inaccurate tracking because of the Blaze consistently pausing in the middle of my workouts. My search for a new tracker has begun. I used to be loyal to FitBit but now I'm bidding my Blaze farewell!!!!!! The company has had plenty of time to respond to the numerous comments about the lack of a lock feature. Once I find the new device I will NOT buy another FitBit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, under consideration for two years? The referred link seems exclusively focused on the Surge, if a solution ever comes would it apply to the Blaze too? 

Best Answer

Wow the Blaze is only 15 months old. 

Fitbit doesn't guarantee that every request will be implemented. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there guys @Mojo07 @shasha10 @Paulgosling2828 @Rich_Laue, great to see you around!

Thanks a lot for your feedback on how feature suggestions are worked. Just for you to have an idea of how this works... The fact that a suggestion has been created doesn't mean that it will be implemented. Even the fact of being there and getting some votes, doesn't guarantee that it will be worked on.

Our team looks for popular suggestions and based on different criteria, they will decide whether to review some ideas to work on them and eventually, probably implement them. This doesn't mean that this suggestion will not be worked on but it could take some time for our team to start working on it and probably  have it implemented.

I do like the idea though, so I would love to see something like this in a near future!

Thanks for your comprehension and anything else you may need, we're here to help! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there - thanks for your response.

I think it's worth acknowledging that there is a fine line between a
suggestion and a complaint - what you're seeing a lot here are people
reporting dissatisfaction with the product and informing FitBit of use
cases where the product is in some way deficient. With that in mind you can
see why it grates somewhat when some "very good suggestions" aka complaints
about product failures, seem to be ignored for years!

That said, I do love my Blaze, I already had a pretty healthy lifestyle
before I got it last Christmas, and it's since helped me turn up the dials
to 11 and get fitter / lose some more weight 🙂

Best regards
Paul
Best Answer

Well said! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Guys

I am a cross fitter and every time  I do front rack squats or lunges or anything my @fitbit blazer just stop my workout, its a shame I just bought it last week and I really like it, I ve seen fitbit community complaining for some time and nothing happens, I will have to return it and look for a better option. So my question is.

Are you guys gonna keep voting and talking about this or are you gonna provide estimate for this issue?

Best Answer