Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze touch screen lock feature

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've been a Fitbit user for some time now and I've always promoted and praised the company. However after reading through and posting in threads about this issue I've noticed just how long people have been complaining about the issue of long sleeves, boxing gloves, or in my case HOCKEY GLOVES hitting the screen or buttons and stopping/ending a workout. I just wish this issue could finally be fixed! Perhaps with a button combination held for 3 seconds or so too lock the device? I play hockey be it practice or a game, 5-6 times a week. It's just becoming increasingly frustrating to continue have my workouts tracked so inaccurately since they are pausing as soon as I jump the boards for a shift....I really loved my charge hr and I do love my blaze, but I need it to function properly and this issue seems to be affecting many people. I want to continue to support and promote your products but this is kind of a deal breaker. @Fitbit
Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

@eduardito23 wrote:

Hello Guys

Are you guys gonna keep voting and talking about this or are you gonna provide estimate for this issue?

I think the Fitbit users should keep voting, and if and if there is enough votes to get the attention of the developers then their will be a chance of having this feature implemented. As @FerdinandFitbit stated he too would like to see this feature. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@eduardito23 wrote:

Hello Guys

Are you guys gonna keep voting and talking about this or are you gonna provide estimate for this issue?

I think the Fitbit users should keep voting, and if and if there is enough votes to get the attention of the developers then their will be a chance of having this feature implemented. As @FerdinandFitbit stated he too would like to see this feature. 

The trouble is, the votes are specifically for the Surge. If there is one for the Blaze I haven't found it.

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer

Hi @LedMatrix. If you see the feature suggestion you will notice that it's been labeled for both Blaze and Surge.

Let us know if you have any other question!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

A lock screen function during work outs or the ability to disable the touch screen during work outs really needs to be added. My work outs stop all the time mid workout due to long sleeves. I didn't have this problem on my surge, but the Blaze seems more sensitive on the touch screen

Best Answer

Thanks for joining the thread and sharing your ideas @Adam79! 🙂

Be sure to check the feature suggestion for this and add your vote and any comments you may have there and hopefully we can have this option soon! You may see the suggestion here.

Anything else you may need, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Garmin vivioactive 3 it is.   Blaze still works, but enough is enough.   Fair well fitbit. 

This is issue it to obvious for it to not be fixed just out of common decency.   Pathetic.

Best Answer

I agree!

Best Answer
Me too. New shiny FitBit trackers are available, seems the older platforms
get no further updates post launch.
Best Answer

I just pre-ordered a Garmin Vivoactive 3 almost entirely because my fitbit is useless when I wear a jacket. I've got a very used blaze for sale...

Best Answer

I just purchased the blaze about three days ago. I think that the screen like is a very important feature. Or use it for surfing when I put my wetsuit on always shutting off the exercise program.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This ticket has been open for a long time and FB seem to be moving on to
new shiny products, so don't hold your breath.
Actually you're putting a wetsuit on, maybe some holding of breath is
called for... 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

As has mentioned earlier this is not a suggestion, it is a complaint.

Some examples of similar complaints would be:

1. “My car brakes don’t work in the snow”
  2. “My laptop only works inside”

The point is this watch was designed for a market which at the very least expects to be able to track mainstream exercises without negatively impacting the exercise itself.

If the watch stops tracking a mainstream exercise in a typical environment (e.g. on an arm against long sleeves) then the watch is not ‘fit for purpose’.

The number of votes this suggested complaint gets does not relate to its ‘fitness for purpose’.

Actually by not being ‘fit for purpose’ you are breaking the laws of many countries:

https://www.business.govt.nz/news/guarantees-why-goods-must-be-fit-for-purpose/

I bought this watch about two years ago thinking that it would be able to be used for kickboxing as indicated. It turns out that it is not fit for this purpose and I now question why I did not return it instead of trusting that the issue would be fixed.

Best Answer

Hi, is sooooo terrible. Noticed it at first use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue when boxing the gloves touch the screen and pause/finish your session. When running the session randomly stops, i assume from accidental touch or just general poorly implemented technology (stopping when GPS connection to phone breaks perhaps?? instead of break and re-connect) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this the accepted solution? It's not a solution at all just saying that maybe it's difficult for the developers to implement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're going to have to learn to live with it I'm afraid, no engagement or
interest evident from FB to fix this.
Paul
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think it'd be that difficult, but FB / devs will be off producing
code for the new shiny platforms, given that this issue has been open in
this and other threads for years, it seems little chance of getting any
attention / not on the radar or not important enough to enough people to
make it a priority.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich, 

Seeing as your post was 2 years ago and you seem to be up on these things; do you know if they have done anything to implement something like this yet? I know my old Polar watch which I bought for £50 ten years ago from a supermarket of all places had a function where you held down the left side button for a few seconds and could lock the buttons and then the same to unlock them. I don't know masses about programming but it seems to me something like that would be fairly straightforward to put into the firmware but I can't see anything about that in any updates. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I still have my Blaze and can confirm that there is still no lock
screen function. (I can also confirm as a former developer that such a
function would indeed be at the trivial end of the scale to add 🙂 )

Best Answer
0 Votes
They still haven’t issued a fix. I personally stopped using my Fitbit and made the switch to Apple. It’s a shame because I really loved my Fitbit charge hr and my blaze at first. However I don’t believe the problem has been properly handled or even addressed by Fitbit so my switch was easy. After sale service is important.
Best Answer
0 Votes