Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze will no longer sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been through the help tutorital repeatedly, shut down the tracker, restarted bluetooth, deleted and reinstalled the app, and my Blaze will still not sync to my phone.

The issue began a few days ago when my Blaze battery died, and I placed in on the charger, then attempted to sync to reset the time. At this point, the Blaze will not even operate as a watch since I can not reset the time.

Is Blaze no longer supported by the app? No matter how many times I restart the app/bluetooth/disconnect and reconnect, my Fitbit App will not connect to my Blaze tracker.

Please help.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
132 REPLIES 132

I've got to agree here.  Every couple of weeks my Blaze stops syncing with my Samsung Edge 7.  It's been doing this for months.  And every time I waste an hour restarting, reinstalling, waiting.  Either the sync is just ridiculously slow (spun for about 10 min this last time) or there is a serious problem in the latest version of the App.

At this point I can no longer depend on this device.  I need a tracker that I don't have to mess with every week.  This year when devices go on sale for Christmas I'll be seeking a different brand.

Best Answer

I finally got mine fixed after an hour on the phone with Fitbit support. But now that mine is syncing properly (for now) it doesn't stay charged...I'm charging it almost every day! For the price of a Fitbit it sure doesn't last long and with every update they come out with, there is problems!

Best Answer

Hi guys, hope you are doing well.

I am glad to see that for some of you this issue has been resolved. Now for the ones that keep having problems, have you checked if your phones are compatible mobile devices? If you haven't, I recommend clicking here to see if they are.

Keep in mind that having a non compatible device can also affect in the syncing process.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

My Blaze has been having trouble syncing. I removed from Android phone and synced with iPad; this worked for a while and now is disconnected. I have tried every troubleshooting tip without success. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My advice is to give up. YoullY receive no help, here. The mods refer us to support articles that have not been permanently successful, and Fitbit support is ignoring the problem and not helping.

Best Answer

My fitbit has not worked on any phone laptop or tablet save 2016   this company offer no support as warranty has run out      I got gamin  much better and works on all my devices 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  The battery on my Blaze got to low, and is now not showing the proper time.  I tried all the suggestions I can find, including tips on syncing on my PC.  But I do not see the FitBit icon for syncing.  I had the same problem a couple of months ago, and was able to resolve it somehow by uninstalling and re-installing FitBit on my PC, but that doesn't seem to work either now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've experienced the same issues. The first problems began 10/24/18, when my Blaze tracker wouldn't sync to my iPhone 7, then in my frustration, I let the battery go dead. After fully recharging, the time display was off by 10 hours. The Blaze will not sync to my phone, indicates the iPhone Bluetooth is turned off. It is NOT. I have repeatedly restarted the Blaze tracker, turned Bluetooth off/on, removed/reinstalled the app on my iPhone. I finally had to install the Fitbit app on my laptop to get the phone to sync and at least update the time/date. I have followed every tip I can find, but nothing seems to resolve the bluetooth communication issue. Seems odd after working so well, it suddenly fails to pair with my iPhone via bluetooth. I have not allowed the most recent Apple update on my phone, so that's not the reason for this.I'm hoping someone has a resolution.

Best Answer

It is obvious they don't support the Blaze and this happened to another one I had.  I really don't think they care. They want us all to think Fitbit is the greatest and then they move on to a new better device and forget about us. 
If I had Apple phone I would have the Apple device. I wanted it so bad last year but I need the phone first and I am not switching from Android. 

Agree- I will never buy another fitbit

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer

Alejandra,

Those troubleshooting tips that you link to are what all of us have been trying and aren't working.

Several times in the last few weeks my Blaze stops syncing. A couple times turning Bluetooth off/on or re-setting Blaze with the buttons has worked. A couple times it just magically starts again.

As of right now (10/31/18 at 11:36 a.m. CT, it has not synced since 10/26 at 2:50pm. I have re-booted my phone, done the Fitbit Blaze re-set with the left and lower right buttons, turned both Bluetooth and Wi-fi off and back on. Nothing has worked. At least it is still working as a watch for me, but it is frustrating that the sync functionality and all related features are not working.

Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit.

Make sure there are only one Fitbit device on the Fitbit App.

I would contact Fitbit folks too. They know best.

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same issue. More and more often, the Blaze will not sync with the phone or find it when setting up an exercise. This most recent time, Blaze has not found or sync with the phone for two days. I have tried restarting, shutting down, resetting bluetooth and charging fully... nothing is working.

Can someone please contact me to provide further assistance?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you haven't read the entire thread, don't bother replying. We ALL know that andd NO, Fitbit cannot/will not fix the issue. They say they don't know how.

Alejandra,

Please stop with these rote answers. THEY DON'T WORK. We don't have new devices, multiple devices, noncompatible devices. They have worked fine until Fitbit got rid of the Blaze and now they don't want to support it. Why don't you try to get us a SOLUTION instead of the standard script you have been supplied.

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mismo problema. No sincroniza . Voy a tirar el reloj y comprarme otro de otra marca que si funcione la app.

You have lost another customer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same trouble. Have tried "everything". Why they do not give you a REALLY GOOD description ov how to sync the BLAZE device is difficult to understand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading and trying all the suggestions, I can not get my blaze to sync.  I am now agreeing with others, this is ridiculous that this can not be fixed.  I am definitely looking into other trackers.  Fitbit I am done.  

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you in the Community Forums and a warm welcome to the new faces! 🙂

For those of you who are still having problems getting your trackers to sync, the first thing to check is that your phone is a compatible device for syncing. You can see the list of the compatible devices here.

@1FB, I'm glad to hear that it worked when you tried on the iPad. Now, to avoid having problems, I can recommend removing your tracker from the connected Bluetooth devices on both, your iPad and the other device you were syncing with before. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set it up as a new device.

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

@Lorenzo_London, I'm very sorry about that. If you're having problems with the battery on your tracker draining faster than it should, I can recommend putting your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the charger and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this (every one or two hours at least) so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

@BobsBecky @Wingkins @iota1269 @NachoooO @jornkls @Dee1960, I would recommend removing your Blaze from the Bluetooth devices as I suggested @1FB above. Try that out and let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  

THIS WORKED!  My phone 'updated' fitbit and after that would no longer sync so I followed the instructions here but you must get to the fitbit icon and release (vibrated all on its own a couple of times)but then the outer rim on the clock should speed round recalculating your steps and hopefully it will then sync.

Thanks again!!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey, I managed to sync it. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
Then after a long time it worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, I lost over 35,000 steps from yesterday. The funny thing is a badge showed up but the steps didn't. I have tried repeatedly to get it to sync but it will not.

@Kait624 wrote:

I have been experiencing the same thing. My Fitbit hasn't synced since Monday afternoon...no sleep recorded since then, period tracker all screwed up, can't do challenges either. This is my 2nd fitbit blaze cuz the 1st 1 did the same thing. They sent me a replacement blaze, hasn't even lasted a year. I'm thinking fitbit is a rip off and I'm going to start researching other watches. No fitbit support or help with any of these issues...its ridiculous that this expensive of a watch doesn't even last a year!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes