Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze will no longer sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been through the help tutorital repeatedly, shut down the tracker, restarted bluetooth, deleted and reinstalled the app, and my Blaze will still not sync to my phone.

The issue began a few days ago when my Blaze battery died, and I placed in on the charger, then attempted to sync to reset the time. At this point, the Blaze will not even operate as a watch since I can not reset the time.

Is Blaze no longer supported by the app? No matter how many times I restart the app/bluetooth/disconnect and reconnect, my Fitbit App will not connect to my Blaze tracker.

Please help.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
132 REPLIES 132

Same thing. Same timing. Software update issue perhaps??? Annoyed. 

Best Answer

Here we are again a month later...and SAME problem...my blaze isn't syncing AGAIN! Last month I called technical support and got it synced somehow. I've tried the usual again...restarting my blaze, uninstalling the app, reinstalling it, turning off my bluetooth and now that I've unpaired my blaze...I can't get it repaired at all. This is ridiculous Fitbit! Fix these issues please! Oh and just to note now my Fitbit dies with in a day...I have to charge it DAILY! 

Best Answer

Same issues as everyone else, Blaze working fine when new then suddenly won't sync any more. I've tried all the things everyone else has, reinstalling, flicking the Bluetooth off and letting Fitbit restart it, turning the phone off, turning the Blaze off... I even bought a new phone because I thought it was faulty!

I've wasted over a month trying to convince support that it is faulty while they hide behind 'compatible devices' when they haven't actually tested a single phone other than a handful of top end ones, and they run the same version of Android as mine!

Finally, now my warranty is almost up, they accept it's faulty as my laptop is considered 'compatible' but they're sending me another Blaze. So when it inevitably breaks, I have no warranty. But it could be worse, my son's also broke at exactly the same age as mine did, and he was fobbed off with an ancient Surge. I think this is going to be my last ever Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree

Sendt fra min Huawei-mobiltelefon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Good to see you all in the thread!

@Vawarner918, I'm sorry I'm insisting this much on which device you're using but it's necessary to know the exact model. There are several Samsung Galaxy devices but some of them are not supported. Which Samsung Galaxy model is the one that you're using specifically?

@zworld, When it comes to the compatibility, it is possible for a non supported device to work well until there is an update on its Operative System. As I have explained before, If your phone is not on the list of compatible devices, you might be able to sync with it but we don't guarantee that the functionality will be optimum.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

@jornkls, I'm happy to hear that doing that worked for you! 🙂

If you guys need anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit Okay. To be clear, what you're saying is that you've partnered with specific phone manufacturers, have created a closed ecosystem, and designed a product that is dependent upon a phone standard, rather than Bluetooth and OS standards. Got it. Your software architects should be fired.

By the way, I have a Pixel XL, and it's on the compatible list.

Best Answer

Well considering my fitbit synced just fine before...for months and months....its obviously not my device. But since we might as well waste more time with it...I sync with a Samsung galaxy s8. The problem is the fitbit blaze...or just fitbit period. NOT MY DEVICE. 

Best Answer
I'm really sick of them going on and on about devices and compatibility.
Those were never an issue until my warranty ran out...

How can you explain that?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @FerdinandFitbit

Phone: One Plus 6

Issue: Fit Blaze no longer syncs to the device. Have tried reset process and also installed the app on my Windows 10 machine ( Dell XPS15 ). Windows app unable to find the tracker as well as the phone. The problem started to occur a few months ago but only got round to looking into it now. Can you help?

Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is no longer syncing or is having difficulty syncing with windows 10
device??

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm just waiting for my replacement but the battery has gone as well as
syncing!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got off the phone with customer support...guess I'm just without a Fitbit now. I was told my bluetooth on my Fitbit is defective and was offered a discount on a future Fitbit purchase. NO THANKS...DONE WITH FITBIT SINCE THIS IS THE 3RD TIME I'VE HAD THIS SAME ISSUE IN A YEAR AND NOW I'M JUST WITHOUT MY FITBIT?! Searching for a new brand of fitness tracker. Goodbye Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all for your participation in the Forums!

@zworld, I didn't say that. As you well mention, Fitbit takes into consideration Bluetooth and OS standards to make most devices available but our team hasn't tested them all to ensure compatibility. Now, the Pixel XL is indeed on the list of compatible devices. What exactly happens when you try to sync and what have you already tried so far?

@Kait624 I'm sorry about that. If you're out of warranty and it's your tracker's Bluetooth that is not working well, I'm afraid there's not much else I can offer apart from what our Support Team has already offered you.

@Vawarner918 there would be no way for your tracker to know that it's already out of warranty and start failing. Since you've not answered which phone model you're using exactly, I can only assume that it's not on the list of compatible devices. If you'd like further assistance, please, provide me with the information needed to take a deeper look.

@Fitzyp123 unfortunately, it sounds like your phone is not in the list of compatible devices. That could be the main reason why it's not syncing.

@RandomUser hopefully you  get your replacement soon to get back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your replies!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Funnily enough, the replacement seems to sync with my 'non compatible'
phone! For now at least.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit First, I want to make sure you know that I know this *is not* your fault. You've been kind enough to take the brunt of disgruntled customer's complaints and it is appreciated. Secondly, you basically have just made my point about how Fitbit hasn't really paid attention to this issue. To answer your question...

1. The reason I made my statement about closed architecture is because of the sheer number of people who had working devices that all fo a sudden stopped working. Your reasoning is because of an update - so you're stating your making a choice to exclude certain phones. It is what it is - I understand you can't be backwards compatible forever, but to suggest a solution is for us to buy a new phone to solve a Fitbit issue is a bit silly, IMHO. Also, if this is such an important factor, why do you not force us to select our phone make/model on setup and then tell us "Sorry, your phone isn't compatible with Fitbit, please return to the store for a full refund?" You don't do that when we register devices, so I have a hard time understanding why Fitbit can claim it's important when we're having problems when it wasn't important enough to tell us when we had an opportunity to return the device for a refund. Seems shady to me, IMHO.

2. I have tried *EVERYTHING*. If you search this thread for my name you will see that. But to be absolutely clear, no less than 6 complete uninstalls of both the app software (resulting in a destructive wipe of my tracked data); 40-50 unlink/relink attempts; Countless turning on/off bluetooth; dumping cache data from app; leaving it alone to try and sync over night; trying to force resync hundreds of times; reading this forum from beginning to end - and trying every possible suggestion in this thread. I have tried EVERYTHING.

3. I called and spoke to Fitbit support. After reviwing the issue with them I was literally told, "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do - you're out of warranty." 

I don't expect tech to last forever - but given you still sell the device, and given I paid $250 for the device, I expect it to last at least 2 years.

The frustation you hear (read) in this thread is over numerous people having the exact same issue, going the exact same recommended fixes, and then having Fitbit representatives tell us that somehow we made the wrong phone choice or somehow it's our fault your product *stopped working after it had been working for a long period of time." That last part is the most important part - had your device been defective at the beginning, this would not have been an issue. The Blaze worked...and it worked well and months later it just didn't. And we're supposed to accept that we *should have* checked for our phone to be on a compatibility list or that we somehow are the problem instead of faulty tech.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying what your selling. The Fitbit Blaze is a faulty product and it certainly seems Fitbit doesn't care if they lose a few hundred customers over the issue. That's my perspective.

Best Answer
I am going to try a new product. Other than fitbit. Fitbit is to costly to use. Considering you have to replace them each year orbevery to years. I have a Timex watch that still keeps time. I don't think I spent forty bucks on that

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have answered this question many times, to no avail...I understand the
Blaze doesn't know that it's out of warranty but Fitbit support knows that
it is... and if they no longer provide support, and don't try to find a
solution for Blaze and it's problems, then this issue will never be solved
no matter what type of device I am using.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed advice and “forgot device” on Samsung & iPad. I then set up as new device on iPad, worked fine until recently. I have tried all suggestions in forum to no avail. Please advise. As this tends to be a recurring issue I am strongly considering Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

@RandomUser, I'm very happy to hear that your replacement is working fine. As said before. The fact that a phone is not compatible, doesn't mean it will not sync for sure with your phone. I'm glad to hear that's not your case.

@zworld Thanks a lot for the detailed post!

Replying to it, in the first part, I didn't say that it's a Fitbit update that will make the tracker not to work with a non compatible device. Fitbit software will work the same (unless there's an update) but I was referring to updates in the OS of the phone itself.

For the second and third part, thanks a lot for all you've tried. At this point, since the Support Team told you that there's nothing else that can be done, I'm very sorry but there's not much else I can do from my end either. I really appreciate your patience with this and respect your decision if you'd like to leave Fitbit. I'll be sure to pass on your feedback.

@Vawarner918 once again, you're not letting me know which phone exactly you're using. If you need further assistance and you're willing to tell me which phone is the one you're using (the specific model) I'll be happy to take another look.

@1FB, great to see you in this thread! Now, if you're syncing to both, an iPad and a Samsung device, this could be a reason why you're having syncing issues. You will need to turn off the Bluetooth on either one as the bond that it has already created with the other device might  be preventing the tracker from connecting to both devices at the same time.

If you guys need anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fernando I have told you at least 4 times that I have an LG K30...I also
have a Samsung Galaxy which is a compatible device however my Blaze does
not sync with either one.
Best Answer
0 Votes