Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won’t keep a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze won’t keep a charge for more than a few hours. When I put it in the charger, the screen indicates that it’s charging and I can also see when the screen indicates the watch is fully charged. After wearing it for fewer than six hours, it complete dies and shuts off. There’s still just enough battery to let me turn the screen on, but I immediately get the low battery warning on the screen. 

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126

I've mentioned it to Fitbit a little.... 

I'll continue to mention it as well, they took the money and won't provide a product fit for purpose, then don't do anything other than offer you money off a product that probably isn't going to be fit for purpose. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The wife and I went from the charge HR (band started bubbling and falling apart) to the blaze(started needing charged more often, by the end needed charged every 6 hours) I went to the versa( first one would not setup, second would setup but just would not sync) I am now wearing the amazfit Bip. Wife is fighting with her blaze. Has to charge it daily. She wants a Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes

What features does she need? Garmin are very good quality, built to last, the battery won't last ages like your bip, but certainly will last longer than your fitbit paperweight edition. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

She really says all she wants is the step counter, but she is more into the looks of the Garmin. She wants the vivoactive 3. I believe that one looks the nicest too. She's about done with her blaze, knows how mine was, and is  charging everyday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's one of the best ones, if she is taking her phone with her that can use its own GPS, but if she has the watch only in GPS mode it hammers the battery, so just turn it off and you have a very competent device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes thanks, she will have her phone with her most times. Been looking on Amazon at the Garmin products. She doesn't like the looks of the bip but loves the price. I'm still trying to talk her into the bip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Paired with a fancy strap, she will soon love it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues and have tried all of the suggestions! My battery is lasting an hour maximum before it shuts off, over and over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thank you for your participation in the Community. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share the details of the battery issue, your experience and feedback. I understand that this can be very frustrating, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

If the issue persists after following the troubleshooting instructions, I recommend contacting our Support team so they can further assist you. Our team always try to help in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And the solution inevitably is a 25% discount on a new, faulty product.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

Yes that is the only solution, most users are just out of their warranty when things start to go wrong. 

The cases are treated singularly instead of a mass breakdown of Fitbits poor quality not fit for purpose substandard products. 

Best Answer

Blaze is similar - I've had it for 10 months and can only get about 6 hours from the charge - this after a restart, and limiting functions as recommended previously.  Over a £100 pounds spent on this watch - very disappointing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are in the UK, return it for a full refund under the sales of goods act, it isn't fit for purpose and you don't want a replacement as it is an ongoing issue with the brand and the model. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still in UK, I bought it through Argos - through them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Take it back to Argos, with proof of purchase. Explain the situation, explain it is an ongoing issue with the device.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

Best Answer

Many thanks - changed to a Versa - no problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have issues with that device I would consider never purchasing a fitbit device again. 

Best Answer

My Blaze stopped working. I charged it and it appeared OK, 100 percent as normal. But when I removed it from the cradle, it went black. I did the reset and nothing. I put it back in the cradle and it was at 100 percent. Beats me why it doesn't want to work, now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just another reason not to buy a substandard product. 

Best Answer

I contacted Support. I was told to "recycle" my Blaze and to get a newer, updated model. I don't think they can be recycled since you can't remove the battery. So, that means the landfill? 

I also wasn't offered any discount. Now, I'm pondering leaving Fitbit after many years.

Best Answer
0 Votes