Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my Blaze yesterday and immediately plugged it in to charge while fixing dinner.  Then I went to setup on my account and it told me that I needed to update the software. Two hours later and it still said it was updating, even though the screen said it might take as long as 10 minutes.  Woke up this morning and it still would not update.  The screen has the log and the words "fitbit.com/update" and it won't do anything else.  So much for the excitement of getting a new toy.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Thanks...it's all good now. It just needed a long charge and what fitbit don't tell you is that the first charge doesn't show you a battery sign. Now it's been charged it's completed the setup process. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

Three hours and no response, so I guess nobody else has had this problem.  I've tried all the suggestions in troubleshooting and the unit will not respond to anything.  My account is set up, but the screen won't budge off of the logo.  Nothing, zip, nada.  Customer service did not make any other sugeestions to try anything, she just said to return it.  High expectations dashed.  Real bummer.

Best Answer

@BevinVA.    When you are in the application itself, do you see "Check for Updates"?  Some people see that and have used it to get the update with success.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, and there was an update available, it just can't get the Blaze to respond. I've tried two different phones and a laptop. None of them can connect to the Blaze.

Best Answer
I agree with BevinVA. I just received mine this morning and it is still updating while its fully charged and everything.
Best Answer

I do hope you have better luck than I had.  It's so hard to wait so long for a product to arrive and then have it not work , even a little, when you get it.  This is my fourth Fitbit and I have been reading these forums since 2011, so I think I stay pretty informed, but this is a huge letdown.

Best Answer

During an update process you will see a progress bar, if on the blaze you see the setup message the Blaze is not updating. The update will have to be restarted. 

If after, say 5 minutes there is no increase shown in the progress bar, the update should be cancelled and restarted. What has already downloaded is fine, the update has a resume function and won't be starting from scratch. 

Best Answer
So far the bar keeps showing as completed and then it restarts it to empty. How do I restart the update?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with mine.  The first try at updating showed the bar but would never stop updating.  When I tried, after 2 hours to restart, it said it was still updating. After 4 hours of starting and "failing", last night, I gave up and went to bed.  Tried again this morning and now it won't even show a bar.  My dashboard has all the info set up, but all I get is the logo on the unit.  I have initiated a return and hope to get a replacement on Friday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app says my firmware version is 17.8.0.24.  What should it be?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok I just restarted my phone and also tried updating it through my tablet. It updated and synchronized on my tablet and is now working. I went on the app and now it's able to detect it.
Best Answer

I'm glad that worked for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue.  I found my wireless wasn't stable enough so enabling Data seemed to help.  I also rebooted my phone and the update finally completed.  Support says the update auto-resumes so if it takes a few attempts just reboot/restart and try again.  You will see the update status bar on the device.

Best Answer

i rebooted my phone also and now it seems to be working .. i contacted support, they transferred me, and now i am also waiting on them .. getting torked with fitbit !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

officially ticked, finally updated, thanks to help here, not from support, but it doesn't work with the computer .. that is the main way i use it, not a stupid phone, so they need to get it working with the computer. . they are 'working on it' .. yea, sure !!!

Best Answer

Give it a week.  I think a software update is coming to allow sync using the USB dock (charging station).

Best Answer

I am having the same exact problem. It won't update the software. I have been trying everything under the sun for about 2 and a half hours now. Restarted my phone, deleted Fitbit app and reinstalled, tried with wi-fi off, tried removing the Blaze from app and starting fresh. I don't know what to do. I'm upset as well because I was so excited to get it and now can't use it. 

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing at first. I turned off my bluetooth on the phone and closed the app and then turned it back on and paired the blaze with my phone. Updated it through the app and worked like a champ

Best Answer

First time I tried to update my blaze it would allow me to see and sync, but stopped during the update. Then I tried to use Fitbit connect to update it (that doesn't work, I wouldn't recommend it). So I ended up restarting the screen.

Bottom line, unless the progress bar under the fitbit logo shows on the Blaze itself, assume its not updating. if you're seeing fitbit.com/update, its doing nothing. Try to make sure you don't have any other syncing devices nearby that could be communicating at the same time.

Have your computer on and fitbit connect running? Remove your dongle from the computer, make sure fitbit connect is off and only use the sync from the phone. I don't think the computer sync's going to work at all this week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My replacement Blaze came in less than 20 hours after I initialized the return.  How is that for Amazon service?  Fitbit would have taken 2 days longer to get me the replacement. So, now for for another 4 hours I have been trying to update the software. I had removed the old Blaze connection and all other Fitbit trackers that I have from my app.  First it said the battery was too low, so I charged it up and have been trying again and again. I finally got the bar below the logo and half an hour later I saw a tiny little movement on the bar and that is where it has been sitting  for the last 15 minutes with no movements.  Every 10 minutes it says to try again. If this is because the Fitbit servers are busy, why doesn't a moderator come on and tell us that.  I don't want to have to return another worthless Blaze that cannot get past the setup screen.

Best Answer