Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Classic Pairing Issues Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to always have this problem and I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Android issue cuz my SO doesn't have this problem with his iPhone. In the setting on the Blaze, I have an option for Bluetooth Classic and it's always "off". I can choose "pair" but then what?? Nothing happens. So I get no text notifications or music control. It does pair with the app on the phone for stats though. Anyone???Smiley Mad

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

@nmgma00 The Bluetooth Classic is only used for music control, it has nothing to do with notifications.

Once you put the Blaze in pairing mode you go to the Bluetooth settings in your phone and pick the "Blaze (Classic)" device to connect. At which point both your phone and Blaze should show a PIN that you have to confirm matches on both. Once you do that music control should start working. (You can refer to this help article for more complete instructions.)

For getting your notifications setup you can look at this help article.

Best Answer
My pairing continuously stops. I've had a Fitbit for three years and never has it not been connected. Now I have the blaze and have to keep shutting it down or shutting off my Bluetooth on my iPhone in order to re-sync it. It's been one day and as much as I really think I like the watch I want ease of use and good functionality.
Best Answer

I had that problem too.  I tried again doing the pair device on my Blaze then went to my phone's settings to pair and now my Blaze has another name (Blaze classic).  I paired with the code on both devices and now maybe it will work.  I hope this bug gets worked out because that's why I got it!

Best Answer

Both the Blaze amd the Surge have two types of Bluetooth,  Classic and Low Energy.

Low Energy is used for syncing the Fitbit and notifacations.

Classic is only used for music control. 

Low Energy BT is paired by the App, and Classic is paired on the phones BT settings.

Best Answer

I just got my Blaze today and have that problem as well.  When I go into settings on the blaze, Bluetooth is not even listed.  I have to turn the Blaze off, then on again and repair it just like I did the first time, then it disappears again. 

Not even one day and I am disappointed.  😞

Best Answer

Yes, that is the problem though. I cannot sync with my phone for those things and am unable to pair.

Best Answer

I would try a restart by holding the left and lower right buttons  until you see the fitbit logo.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue that worked for me by holding those two buttons on my Blaze

Best Answer

Hello,

I just picked up the Fitbit Blaze today.  I'm able to sync with my Phone, Moto X Pure (Android 6), using Low Energy.  I get all my updates for my activity on my phone as expected.

However, I cannot connect with Bluetooth Classic in order to control my music.  When attempting to pair I get the error message:

Couldn't piar the Blaze (Classic) because of an incorrect PIN or passkey.

I am able to connect the Fitbit Blaze with my LG G2 (Android 5.0.2) and my BLU Win HD LTE (Windows 8.1 Update 2).

On the Moto X Pure, I never see the number come up to confirm the pin, it just goes straight to the failed error message.  I have location services turned on.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Best Answer
My Blaze Bluetooth settting keeps switching to OFF. I pair the Blaze, test it with a texr and a few minutes later it switches back to OFF. Very frustrating as I have come to rely on this featuee with the Surge.
Best Answer

@ jdneilso ypu have to conform the number on both the App and the Blaze. Each has a box to press Yes. If you wait to long in pressing yes on the Blaze then you'll get the message of rejected.

@canelson habe you tried a restart of your Blaze?  The procedure is the same as the Surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the Blaze, and am using it with a Droid Turbo 2, it hooked up just fine with the phone and updated, however I can never use Bluetooth Classic as it never shows a pin to say ok on either the phone nor the Blaze I have tried it 10 times never seeing anything come up on either.

It just saysa can't because of incorrect or invalid pin.

So I guess I can never use it with my phone.  I have tried the restart to logo and that didn't help at all.

Best Answer
  1. Before it says the Cant statement, you should have seen a number on both the Blaze and the phone. Some this pairing is done by the phone, i suggest doing a turn off/on of the phone and maybe a restart of the Blaze.
  2. I found a help article amd one of the points or suggests is to set the phones BT to discoverable, this makes no sense to me but, others have stayed that it worked.

http://www.techlicious.com/how-to/how-to-fix-bluetooth-pairing-problems/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, thanks for your response.  However, I never get a screen to enter a pin, it just goes right to the failed message.

Best Answer

Connecting via bluetooth classic also allows you to set up the device for smart lock.  Meaning your phone won't lock while the device is connected.  This is the main reason I bought the Blaze, so I wouldn't have to keep unlocking my phone. Unfortunately, it won't connect.  I get the invalid PIN or passkey and it doesn't even ask for the PIN on my phone.  😞

Best Answer

A hard reset ended up working for me.  Holding down the left and lower right button until the fitbit logo appeared.  I then turned off bluetooth on my phone, turned it back on, set Blaze to pair, and the pin showed up.  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Ugh, this didnt work for me (Also a Moto X Pure) and I cannot get it to not only pair over BT but I cant get the connected GPS to function. It just keeps giving me the same error "Check the fitbit app" or "Phone not found" I've tried to remove the device, uninstall/reinstall the app, sync via charger and nothing is working.

The surge is too clunky for me to wear and I figured this would work fine but it just won't. I show up when I drill all the way into tracking but not when I try to just go to "Exercises > Bike" thats where I get the error every time

I cant get it to work with my LG G2 either. This is incredibly frustrating. 

Best Answer
Is your gps location turned on, amd the app rimming? @pcheli
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just updated the Fitbit app on my Android phone then went into Settings on my phone and unpaired the Blaze. I then paired the Blaze Classic. My Bluetooth Classic is now showing "On" instead of "Pair". So far it has stayed "On" instead of changing to "Off"
Best Answer