Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Classic Pairing Issues Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to always have this problem and I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Android issue cuz my SO doesn't have this problem with his iPhone. In the setting on the Blaze, I have an option for Bluetooth Classic and it's always "off". I can choose "pair" but then what?? Nothing happens. So I get no text notifications or music control. It does pair with the app on the phone for stats though. Anyone???Smiley Mad

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

@pcheli for clarification, are you trying to pair your Blaze so that you can control music? This is what this thread is about.

Or is it that your Blaze won't sync the data to your account.

Is the Blaze even setup to your Fitbit account?

Best Answer
Did we ever get an answer to the Lost Bluetooth Connection issue? Bluetooth is not even showing up under my settings on the Watch. It was there once but has disappeared since. I tried restarting the watch, disabling Bluetooth on my iPhone 5, making sure the settings on the App were on, throwing it accross the room...still nothing. And I read above that it will not show phone calls or texts?? Is that true? My Charge HR did. Can I get some help here?? Thanks!
Best Answer

I have this exact same problem, using Droid Turbo. I have to do this probably 4-5 times a day.

Best Answer

The same thing is happening to me!!! I have re-paired it like 10 x, restarted it, logged out of my phone and back in, nothing is working. I am about to return this **ahem** thing! 

Best Answer

I spent about 30 min talking to tech support, went through everything from reinstalling the app to re-establishing the BT connection. Still having same problem.

I suggest calling in and having them set a ticket. This thing has been out for less than a month, issues are to be expected I'm afraid. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine finally worked after I:

Unpaired my Blaze from my phone and then turned off bluetooth on on my
phone, then completely restarted my phone. Next when my phone came back on
with bluetooth turned off, I opened up my Blaze app and went to add new
device, then it finally found my tracker. Next it asked me if it could turn
on my phone bluetooth- I said yes, then the 4 digit confirmation number
finally came up on my watch and I entered it on my phone and it connected.

There is no manual factory reset button, its like I had to completely
unpair my watch from my phone so it didnt remember it and start new.

I hope that helps you, because after about 20x of trying to repair my I was
at level 10 frustration.
Best Answer

Mine took about 20 tries before I got it to work properly. Since there is no factory reset button on the watch and if doesnt pair correctly the first time to your phone bluetooth its going to keep rejecting it. I had to completely unpair the Blaze from my phone settings in Bluetooth and restart my Note 5. Then on the Blaze i turned the bluetooth settings to Pair. 

Next I went to add devices on my FitBit app and from there followed thru their guidie. Thru the app my phone found my tracker (watch) and asked me to connect to my phone bluetooth- I said yes and finally the 4 digit code came up on my watch that I entered into the app and it finally pair and completed.

Overall, it appears you have to completely unpair the blaze watch from your phone. Our phones pick up the signal and we hit connect inadvertently like I did but there is some type of glitch that if you don't follow thru their steps and get that 4 digit code it wont let you SYNC the watch properly even though your phone says you are connected to the watch.

I hope that helps!

Cece

Best Answer

ok my Blaze all of a sudden now doesn't show bluetooth in the settings but it does still receive text and call notifications and music does good.  I figure once they start sending out updates to fix bugs I'm sure all will be good as far as having it re appear again in the settings.  I called the trouble shooting number and they were on top of answering right away but they didnt have a theory on why it disappeared just said if all still comes through in notifications then its good.  lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I found the issue. It worked for me at least. 

I have an android phone running marshmallow. I couldn't connect my Blaze to my phone when I wanted anything GPS related. I wanted to record my route when I go biking and for my walks. I could't connect the blaze to my phone at all. The bluetooth was very buggy as well.

So I set up the fitbit app with my wife's iphone, and everything worked first shot. I paired both devices successfully, and the Blaze connected to the iphone's GPS first shot with no issues. 

I really did some research, and came up with this solution.

1.) GPS: I had the incorrect Location Settings on my phone. I went into my location settings on my Android phone.  The setting was on "Battery Saving." I changed it to "High Accuracy" mode. I then went to my blaze watch, and then chose biking as my excercise. It started to connect to my phone. Instead of getting "Check Fit BIt App" like I always got before, it said "Let's Go" and a little icon showed the signal bar strength of the phone. Now I am not sure if this will work for everyone, or if the settings are the same for your Android phone. Just make sure you change your location settings to High Accuracy.

2.) No notifications: This is another Android setting you have to change. I went into my settings and went into Notifications. I went into the fitbit app. I made sure the Fitbit Notification Service was on. I then checked the App permissions. I made sure that all the options were turned on i.e. - Camera, Contacts, Location, Phone, SMS, Storage. 

Everyone has different phones. So you might have to fool around to find these settings above.

Once I did these things, the blaze connected to the phone no problem. The Blaze was able to use the phone's GPS no problem, and I was getting notifications as well .

P.S. - I read about people using the "Bluetooth Classic" to pair via bluetooth to the Blaze on thier phone. Some people were saying that they could not see "Bluetooth Classic." On your watch, if you go to settings. You will see a setting called "Bluetooth Classic."  When it is changed from "Off" to "Pair" then you try to pair your phone via Bluetooth, when the phone is bluetooth scanning, the Bluetooth Classic will now show up. However...my Bluetooth classic is off. I never changed it when I found my solution.

I hope this helps a few people. It wasn't easy for me to come up with this solution. Even though Fitbit did have some help documentation on this. It still was difficult, and I consider myself very technological savvy. If anyone has any questions, let me know. I will try to help.

Best Answer

My blaze constantly loses ability to sync with my iPhone 6. Only solution I have found that works is to shutdown the blaze and restart it. Then the iPhone finds it and pairs. Really a pain in the backside. Hate this - hope you fitbit employees are working on a software fix that allows the device to re-establish connection after losing it. 

Best Answer

I know it's not a pairing issue, but I always have the problem on my Galaxy S5 where I can't control the songs when using bluetooth headphones.  I think it's something conflicting with the signal.  Sometimes it works the other way, my headphones lose control and my Blaze takes over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@axelrod360 wrote:

I know it's not a pairing issue, but I always have the problem on my Galaxy S5 where I can't control the songs when using bluetooth headphones.  I think it's something conflicting with the signal.  Sometimes it works the other way, my headphones lose control and my Blaze takes over.

@axelrod360 Yep, that is an issue with the AVRCP protocol that both the Blaze and BT headphones use to control music. It only allows one device to be connected at a time. So if you connect your BT headphones first they take over music and the control. If you connect your Blaze first it takes over control, and then when you connect your BT headphones they can only connect to the music.

Sadly, there is nothing that Fitbit can do about this but push for the Bluetooth group to modify the AVRCP specification and hope that Apple, Google, and Microsoft update their devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't fitbit add another protocol?  Not sure what the Galaxy Gear S2 uses but that works well.  There could be classic bluetooth and advanced or something like that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  That actually worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich | NJ -- THANKS!  Spent a good hour trying to figure this **ahem** thing out.  Reseting the Blaze worked like a charm!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mfikaris wrote:
I just updated the Fitbit app on my Android phone then went into Settings on my phone and unpaired the Blaze. I then paired the Blaze Classic. My Bluetooth Classic is now showing "On" instead of "Pair". So far it has stayed "On" instead of changing to "Off"

Thank You Mfikaris, this worked on my Droid Turbo2.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the exact same problem and I also have a MXPE. Did you ever get this figured out?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to hold down two buttons on each side of my Blaze at the same time the one on the left and the lower one on the right and then once my Blaze rebooted it was able to synch.   Sometimes I have to restart my Bluetooth on my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have yet to get this solved. Sometimes the blaze will disconnect from
Bluetooth on it's own and reconnect. I just gave up. I will never get a
fitbit again !
Best Answer
0 Votes

For those having issues pairing or syncing your fitbit with your android phone or device, i began to have this problem too after a while. i thought it was my specific device or due to a software update for my android, but after much searching and troubleshooting, i found that it was other applications that were currently running on my phone (galaxy s4) were causing the problem. mainly, it was the facebook app and fb messaging app. i found that by going into the application manager on my phone and disabling the apps fixed the problem. you may need to turn off other apps as well. i am not sure why these apps interfere with the pairing/syncing of the the fitbit, but, by through process of elimination, i determined that it was mainly my fb app & fb messenger app causing my fitbit not to pair or sync with my phone. i still experience this problem from time to time, but disabling those apps, and sometimes disabling other apps always fixes the problem. Just an fyi, disabling the apps just turns them off temporarily, they will still work once you open the app to use it, and they may even come back on by themselves.

I hope this helps those experiencing this issue, i know how frustrating it can be, I even considered getting a new phone, because i was not having the problem on my ipad, so i though it may have just been an android phone issue. this still may be the case, but at least i found the cause of the problem and know how to fix it if/when it happens again! I currently have a fitbit blaze and had to turn off all my other apps when setting up my blaze on my phone. i am happy to report that it is working perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes