Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Clock Faces

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am looking at the different clock faces trying to figure out what they all do. I know the original one is an analog clock and shows progress in a circle. I also know you can tap the date/HR etc.. to change it. 

Pop is digital and shows different things when you tape the circles above the time.

What does the zone clock face do? It is always just blue and green and doesn't change. Is there anyway to make it show steps/etc...

What does the Flare clock face do? I noticed the rings around the outside grow. How do you make them grow? Is there anyway to have it show steps/HR/ etc...

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49
Done @FerdinandFitbit 😉
Best Answer
Already done.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ralbrecht I'm working on writing something up for the Community to help with just that!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
Oh I missed that one @SunsetRunner. Oops
Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmersonFitbit wrote:

@racertempo @Kmransom123 You guys are really making me earn a post-work beer!

I think the Flare option might've been an oversight by our marketing dept, I apologize! Using 11:05 on the dot was probably a bad way to validate this (since I haven't moved in a bit), but here's a picture of the Blaze in action (ignore the messy desk): 

IMG_0162.JPG

Awesome to see this post!  If you touch the screen (not swipe), will you get steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Hi everyone! Great to see you all participaing in this thread!

As many have already mentioned it, the Zone clock face will change depending on your heart rate... It will go from cool colors when low to warmer colors when high. I'm attaching some pictures for you to see the difference:

Blaze Zone Clock Face low heart rate.jpg

Blaze Zone Clock Face high heart rate.jpg

I'd say, try all the clock faces for a while to see which is your favorite! 😄

Another awesome post, and same question as above....the heart rate is below the clock all the time?  if I tap it (not swipe) will it show steps and other stats in order?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo - on the flare face, what you see is what you get - no tapping or changing the view.  

For the Zone face, tapping switches between showing your HR and the date.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

@Kmransom123 wrote:

@racertempo - on the flare face, what you see is what you get - no tapping or changing the view.  

Thanks, I like the Flare the best in terms of looks, I guess a swipe to see steps is not a big deal, but most of the time I look at my stats with a sync to the app and don't even look at my wrist.

With QuickView off, do you tap the screen to see the clock, or press a button?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo - touch the left button to see the screen.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo wrote:

@Kmransom123 wrote:

Thanks, I like the Flare the best in terms of looks, I guess a swipe to see steps is not a big deal, but most of the time I look at my stats with a sync to the app and don't even look at my wrist.

With QuickView off, do you tap the screen to see the clock, or press a button?

I've just tested on mine, and you can tap the screen or press any of the three buttons to see the clock.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Blaze, and I really like most of the features... clock faces are not any of these. Yes, the Zone clock face has what I want displayed, but in my normal heart rate (70 bpm) it is a creepy yellow color with white letters which makes it almost impossible to see. I wish the Zone face could be set to black with white bold letters. The only time I can easily see it is I am at my total resting rate of 57 bpm.

All of the other faces (only 4 to choose from) are small and well... hard to read. My granddaughter showed me her Apple watch, and wow! Wonderful! Does everything! Almost makes me want to switch to the iphone... not really!

Best Answer

Hey there @satkinssr. Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂

I know what you mean with this. I've seen some other users noticing the same opportunity to improve the Zone clock face.

I'd recommend taking a look at this feature request which basically asks for the Zone clock face to be asier to read. You can add your vote and comments by clicking here.

Anything else, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit zone screen did that for a day or so but now all it shows is a black background and white numbers. Is that for a different heartrate zone too? or is something wrong with it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just realized too that if the HR is turned to OFF, then it will show black with white letters.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @beachfan welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing this information. I would like to share this post from @FerdinandFitbit regarding color change on the Zone clock face. 

Hope this helps! 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Huh, I hadn't try that @beachfan but thanks for sharing it.

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

Best Answer

The default is set to 3 zones of exercise intensities, based on your heart rate. The higher the heart rate, the more intense the activity, thus the higher caloric burn rate per minutes of exercise.  

1) fat burn  (yellow )

2) cardio  (orange )

3) peak  (red)

The blue and green is when you are relaxed (out of zone). This means your heart rate is at or close to your "resting heart rate". That is why you see this "darker" color at night. It has nothing to do with the sun setting. If you hit the tredmill at 9pm, the color will no longer be dark 🙂

1)Fat burn  zone (yellow) will start to appear when you are ACTIVE and moving around. You will start burning fat calories in addition to the "base metabolism" calories just from breathing, brain functions etc while "at rest". Moving around, doing house chores, walking leisurely etc, anything other than resting/sitting down, you will start seeing blue/green slowly turning yellow.  For me it is about 90 or higher. 

2) Cardio zone (orange) is what we would say "true exercising". You are pushing yourself, but not straining doing medium to high intensity activity/workout. For me, it is 125 or higher. You are burning much higher calories/min than fat burn zone. I usually try to stay above 130. 

3) Peak zone (red).  High Intensity Workout usually recommended only in short bursts. (I have not reached this as of yet, but according to the guideline by American Heart Association, it is 149 or higher). You WILL be straining/out of breath. 

The whole idea is to  make sure that you get enough exercise, but not "over exercise" to a point  that causes harm to your heart. These zone numbers varies by age. That is what I love about fitbit. It already calculates everything for you.  This is the only face that I use other than the original. 

Note: If you want to know what your target rate is. see this article.

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/PhysicalActivity/FitnessBasics/Target-Heart-Rates_UCM_43...

Oh, I forgot to add. You can tap the heart rate number, and the  Day and date will show up. Unfortunately, that is it. If you want to find out anything else like steps, calories burned etc, you have to swipe to next screen "TODAY".  

Best Answer

Hey @Niknordin. It's great to see that you joined the Community! 😄

Thank you for sharing so valuable information with us!

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Niknordin wrote:

The whole idea is to  make sure that you get enough exercise, but not "over exercise" to a point  that causes harm to your heart. These zone numbers varies by age. That is what I love about fitbit. It already calculates everything for you.  This is the only face that I use other than the original. 

Overall good post, however I wanted to correct the 'zone by age' comment, and add to the conversation:

- Age based zones are only averages and guidelines and therefore hit or miss depending on the person and impacted from time to time by other variables like taking certain medications and current health

- Your true zone can be easily measured

- Fitbit does not currently allow you to override the age based zones, you either need to change your age or use a single custom zone

- More sophisticated heart rate monitors in the market offer fine tuning, recovery time, and other features to help if you become more serious about improving fitness

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  I am a new Blaze owner, having just upgrader from HR.  Yes, I did notice that it was much harder to see the heart rate when i was running since the color definitely got lighter.  

Best Answer
0 Votes