Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Clock Faces

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am looking at the different clock faces trying to figure out what they all do. I know the original one is an analog clock and shows progress in a circle. I also know you can tap the date/HR etc.. to change it. 

Pop is digital and shows different things when you tape the circles above the time.

What does the zone clock face do? It is always just blue and green and doesn't change. Is there anyway to make it show steps/etc...

What does the Flare clock face do? I noticed the rings around the outside grow. How do you make them grow? Is there anyway to have it show steps/HR/ etc...

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I haven't got a Blaze yet, but I know that zone changes colour based on your heartrate, which I think is very cool!  Someone else will have to answer the other questions...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
The flare, (if it's the same as surge) indicates how active you have been in the current hour. So if you've been walking a lot between quarter past and half past, the bottom right quarter will have longer spikes.
Best Answer

Other people have indicated that ther Zone one is relative to the sunlight in the day, not linked to your heartrate.  One user said he watch it change to a darker color as the evening came and he was sitting in his lazy-e-boy recliner.

Best Answer

The Zone setting is related to heart rate. Starts out in dark for lower rate, then progresses to warmer colors as your HR increases.  

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

I just got my Blaze.  The clock face changed during the night.  I have tried to set it to a different face and sync but it doesnt go back.  Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@yankeevol50 wrote:

I just got my Blaze.  The clock face changed during the night.  I have tried to set it to a different face and sync but it doesnt go back.  Suggestions?

Feel free restarting the tracker if not already done @yankeevol50

Restart the tracker

URL: Click to go to the Fitbit Help Article 'How do I restart the tracker?'

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kfahren1 wrote:

What does the Flare clock face do? I noticed the rings around the outside grow. How do you make them grow? Is there anyway to have it show steps/HR/ etc...

I'm also wondering about the Flare face.  Is there a way to make it display steps or HR?  It only seems to show the date and tapping it (like with the Zone face) doesn't seem to do anything to change that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In another thread this was posted about the flare by EmersonFitBit

"The area where the flares end indicates what the minutes are for that hour, but you'll also see a sort of HR graph on Flare as well. The more the arms of the flair extend from the center of the clock, the more active you were during that portion of the hour."

Kelly | Oklahoma

Best Answer

I hope today Emerson can provide an update about his first sentence, as the example below shows that the end of the Flare isnot at :35.

2016-02-26_9-06-53.png

Best Answer

Interesting......hope he can chime in on this.  (I don't have mine yet so I cannot see the product in action first hand yet)

Kelly | Oklahoma

Best Answer

@Kmransom123 wrote:

Interesting......hope he can chime in on this.  (I don't have mine yet so I cannot see the product in action first hand yet)

Me neither, I was hoping he could post of picture of it working correctly 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo @Kmransom123 You guys are really making me earn a post-work beer!

I think the Flare option might've been an oversight by our marketing dept, I apologize! Using 11:05 on the dot was probably a bad way to validate this (since I haven't moved in a bit), but here's a picture of the Blaze in action (ignore the messy desk): 

IMG_0162.JPG

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

This is where detailed instructions would come in handy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've searched everywhere for some detailed instructions or a guide that explains what each clock face does/represents, and how to access the different information available on each, but nothing. So frustrating!!

Best Answer

@EmersonFitbit

Which messy desk? 😽

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Great to see you all participaing in this thread!

As many have already mentioned it, the Zone clock face will change depending on your heart rate... It will go from cool colors when low to warmer colors when high. I'm attaching some pictures for you to see the difference:

Blaze Zone Clock Face low heart rate.jpg

Blaze Zone Clock Face high heart rate.jpg

I'd say, try all the clock faces for a while to see which is your favorite! 😄

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

The problem with the Zone face is when you are working hard or in excercise the background is a bright yellow making the numbers hard to read when you need to read them the most!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You almost want the font to darken as the background gets lighter. Now that would be clever.
Best Answer

Hmmm that is a very good observation @SunsetRunner @SunsetRunner. Thank you so much for pointing that out. I guess the Feature Suggestion board will be the best place to share your feedback.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer