Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Blaze Heart Rate Monitor not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My heart Rate monitor simply stopped working, I cleaned it and changed it to the other arm, still no results...

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

The same thing happened to me last weekend (4 days ago).  Heart rate stopped working, came back briefly, then it was on/off for a day or two, then just stopped working.  Everything else works fine, green lights are still blinking, but no read on the heart rate.  Tried the usual resets, but nothing.

I've had my Blaze for 2.5 years. Is there any other way to fix this issue without having to buy a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good evening, Jogger. Unfortunately I had to purchase a new fitness watch,
as my fit it never recovered from the blip. I now own a Garmin watch.
Really sorry that I cannot be of more help.

Chidder
Best Answer
0 Votes

Further update on my situation (background, I'm an electronic design engineer...):

I looked at my blaze under a microscope in work and noticed a crack in the plastic over the photodiode of the HR sensor. Looks like some sun cream has got in and is making the data unreliable (I've had no sleep score for the nights since Auto HR stopped working). I found another Blaze on eBay, that was listed as broken (the screen was cracked), but that still had an intact back case. In work yesterday I swapped the two bottom cases and since then, it appears to be working fine.

It's a pretty simple swap, it's just a single ribbon cable connecting the two halves of the case together.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What a super effort. Well done I deed.

Chidder
Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked!  Thanks a lot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still isn’t working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I now have a Versa Lite and love it Blaze finally just quit working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Jogger. My fit bit gave up terminally, and I am now using a Garmin. Last
week they had a major output issue, all repaired, but apart from that I am
enjoying the watch and the Garmin experience.

Chidder
Best Answer
0 Votes

My heart rate monitor is not working. I tried restarting and making sure it was in the on position and I've still got nothing. The green lights are working also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you MongoSmash!  I just tried your method of fixing the heart rate monitor and it was the only one that worked!  Stay well,

Best Answer
0 Votes

My heart rate tracker stopped working early last month. I have tried all of the suggested solutions and connected with support via chat. After chatting with them for 15 minutes, with nothing fixing the problem, the chat mysteriously disconnected. After that debacle, I was too frustrated to try working with support again, but I miss the heart rate tracker, especially during sleep. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI my HR monitor is looking like it's working but VERY erroneously low values. It used to work. Is this a contact issue or internal mechanism issue? thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Bubba. I eventually got rid of mine, and purchased a Garmin. Does
similar things, but to date nil issues at all. Sorry I cannot help with
your issues.

Take care

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Roxy. Sorry, but I cannot help you with this issue. I have got rid of my
fitbit, and deserted to a Garmin. Have you gone through a reset process?

Take care.

Chidder
Best Answer
0 Votes

After multiple Fitbits I gave up and bought an apple watch. I haven't looked back since.. Sorry 

Best Answer
0 Votes
👌

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes