Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze battery draining fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just fully charged my fitbit blaze last night and when I woke up this morning my battery was already gone I do not know what the problem is and it has started to have a ton of problems not giving me some notifications on the watch I just got the watch almost a year ago and now it wont keep its charge for more than 24 hours what do I do?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

I am having the same issue.  Just about a week ago, my Blaze was fine.  I could charge it up on Sunday and not have to charge it again until Wednesday.  This was normal for the 2.5 years I've had this Blaze.

Last week, I noticed that the battery was draining quicker than normal.  I have read the "approved solution" and I now have everything turned off, so it's just basically an expensive watch and it still won't hold a charge. 

My blaze was dead yesterday morning.  I charged it up for 3 hours, I put it on, I checked this morning I had half a battery left at 5am.  By noon it was dead.  

Is my battery EOL?  Or is there something else going on?

Best Answer

Yeah and looking at other feeds on Fitbit they are discontinuing the blaze so it was a waste of money for me I'm probably going to switch to Garmin's watches since they work better with my health insurance company

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issues

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I've bought different bands thinking that was the problem but little did I know I was just wasting more money. I haven't had the blaze for more than a year. Very disappointed in this product. 

Best Answer
My blaze is going on two years and I haven’t had any problems with it except for the last three days when the battery has lasted less than a day.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Sounds like Fitbit is calling their Blazes home.. mine stopped holding a charge about 2 months ago.  I had it for a year and 1/2 with no other problems.  Finally gave up and got a Versa —which I like.  Was looking here to see if there was a fix for the Blaze battery since I have cool bands and an extra charger for it.  Was thinking of giving to my mom to upgrade her Flex.

Best Answer

I contacted fitbit as I've on my bad it for 11 months and after I explained to them what was happening and they ran me through some test. I am either getting a new one or 50% off my next purchase of fitbit. 

Best Answer

I am having similar problems - now have to charge my Blaze watch every night when it used to last for 5 days

Best Answer
What does FitBit say?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a variety of bands and a new charger.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can either get a new blaze or 50% off any other fitbit of greater value bc of the fitbit one year warranty .  I called them and they tried to have me restart the blaze but it wouldn't do it. Call them and see what they say. 

Best Answer
Thank you!

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit battery is heating up and showing a thermometer / overheating symbol.  I tried it to connect it to various ports and plugpoints but of no use. I am trying it since 3 days. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t get the  replacement I just got the replacement  fit bit blaze  still have the same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered the iconic i think it's called.  It comes Saturday. 

Best Answer

Wonderful  😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone! Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that most of you are having problems with the battery on your trackers draining fast. I'd like to give you guys a hand with this to get you back on track!

@Kpescinski @michael6745 @deborski @audreysj ,I've gone ahead and escalated your cases to the Support Team for them to help you out with this and get you back on track. You should receive an email soon with more instructions. If you need more help with the process, I'm here to help!

@Jimo4241 I can recommend putting your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the charger and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this (every one or two hours at least) so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

@Shamp, I was able to see that our Support Team was able to help you out with this. I'm happy to hear that you're now back on track! 🙂

@MaryKay-119 Are you also having problems with the battery on your Blaze not working? If so, let me know and provide me with as much detail as possible. I'd like to help you out!

@Shanti_Asghar 

This symbol means that your tracker could be in an undesirable environment, which means that it could be too hot or too cold but if you think this has nothing to do with it and that the environment around you is actually okay, try to restart your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

After that, see if your tracker comes back to life and let me know how it goes!

If you guys need anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply l have  updated to the fit bit charge 3  

Best Answer

I just bought a Fitbit 3...will start using it on Christmas.  Blaze still works, steps just started to work again, and charge is ok.  Black Friday was a good price for a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes