Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze step count inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey there,

Today was my first full day rocking my Blaze. I went to an outdoor festival and had some solid step count, however, when I got home and checked my step count I noticed that the blaze tracked about 1/4 the steps I actually took. My iPhone health app logged about 10K and my Fitbit did about a 1/4 of that (2500). Also I noticed it did an auto workout and thought I had rode my bike. I think this is due to my sons stroller I was pushing. Any suggestions on how to calibrate? If I go for a run and use the GPS- will that help? Thanks!

Best Answer
496 REPLIES 496

In reply to kjaranowski, "I do not hold the bat when running and mileage count is way off compared to what treadmill says I have run. So arm movement isn't the issue at all."

Maybe not for you somehow, but it's been proved over and over by many of us here. Maybe not on a treadmill but actually walking and letting it count steps. If you hold your hand still at your side or hold a water bottle it's close to 100% accurate. If you swing your arm normally, it counts about 65-70% of steps. In fact I've tested it myself several times. I can do 500 steps holding a water bottle and get 500 steps, and then immediately just walk normal 500 steps and get fewer than 400.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No answer yet.  I had hoped the last firmware update would fix it but it didn't.  Arm movement seems to affect step count but distance is also short when I am running so I think they are just overall defective. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm with most everyone else here. My step and distance are way off. I do the same mall walk every day and it can vary from .2 - .8 miles and over 300 steps different each time. I'm basically fed up with the Blaze and very seriously considering something different where the support and features are better and more accurate.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I'm having trouble when my Blaze resets at midnight, there are four of us in my group and when it resets we are loosing steps from our total steps.

In my case I am loosing 10,000 when my Blaze resets, i think it's a software problem myself

Any help or sugestions from any body

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I guess I will just give up on Fitbit ever fixing this issue.  Anyone have recommendations on brands for my next fitness tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

My Blaze is good, my problem is with the dashboard it keeps deleting my steps from my total, i.e. Instead of adding them.

The customer service team are just giving me a load of ball**ahem**, they seem to think I'm stupid, there are three family members in my group and it was good competition with each trying to beat each other.
This problem could put people's life at risk if they increase there work outs, they could end up with a heart attack and it will all be down to Fitbit, it could be a nice court case for somebody if anybody dies because of the dashboard problem.

I have deleted the dashboard app on my phone now as I found it so frustrating, I just use my Blaze.

Best Wishes
Stay Safe

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kentitch you say there are 4 in your group, where are you looking when you see the removal of the steps at midnight?

Could it be your 7 day leader board?

This is a running 7 day total, therefore at 1159pm you have todays full day of steps and the last six days. At 12;01am you have todays empty day of steps plus the last 6 days. 

Or to look at it another way, Sunday night your looking at the steps from last monday through Sunday. Monday morning your looking at the steps from last Tuesday through Monday, but since Monday just started there is no steps yet. Basically on Monday morning last mondays full day of steos wjere dropped, snd todays empty day was added. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lifetime steps, stairs and miles should continue to go up and never lose any numbers once a sych takes place.  

when you are in a group, as stated, those numbers are for the past seven days, not for a calendar week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue sometimes is

ts recording and some time the steps freeze. I only got it yesterday. I have slender wrists the face of the blaze is wider than the wrist. Would this stop it working. Shall I take it back and swap for another type. I have tried to reset it and it still have a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue sometimes is

ts recording and some time the steps freeze. I only got it yesterday. I have slender wrists the face of the blaze is wider than the wrist. Would this stop it working. Shall I take it back and swap for another type. I have tried to reset it and it still have a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue - Im a nurse and worked two 12hr shifts with barely a break and didn't even meet my step goal of 8000 steps with my brand new Blaze; with my Charge HR I was getting 10000-12000 steps per shift (which according to my sore feet is way more accurate)! It is not auto-tracking my time on the elliptical either which my Charge did. Disappointed! Plan to try restarting it to see if that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I deleted the dashboard from iPhone 6s and left it for a couple of weeks, I
have reinstalled it now and it seems to be working fine but time will tell.

I understand your frustration as Blaze works great my problem was with the
dashboard.
Good luck hope it works out for you.
Kentitch
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does that too, but I get them back once the everything has fully synced. It lasts for a bout 30 seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Mine don’t seem to do that, Yesterday my total steps was 50, thousand, after it had finished after 12o/**ahem** midnight I was down to 45, thousand, it is a pain and very upsetting, as there are four of us family members chasing one another.
Best Answer
0 Votes

did it help to turn of the auto workout

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze doesn't accurately count my steps, just like everyone else on this forum. It seems to count from 50 to 75 percent of my steps. I have found a workaround, although it's certainly not perfect. In the office, when I'm getting my 250 + steps per hour, I carry an empty coffee mug around with me. The extra jarring motion caused by the weight of the mug forces the Blaze to count the steps accurately. I can carry it down by my side, or up as if it were full, and both ways make the count accurate. I admit, carrying around a coffee mug isn't really something you'd want to do on a regular basis. Fitbit needs to increase the sensitivity to arm motions when walking. However, since this problem has been going on for so long and new Fitbit models are available, I doubt that they'll ever fix it. I probably won't buy another Fitbit.  

Best Answer

Using GPS on the Blaze is much worse - I can jog my neighborhood just counting steps and it is 2300 +- steps.  When I run (it uses the GPS in the phone) it is all over the place - anywhere from 300-1200 steps based on distance - my advice is go back to your Charge HR or do what I did - buy a TicWatch Pro Bluetooth Smart Watch - have to say it is great, plus I can use it for phone calls and other apps - it is very accurate for tracking my activities

Best Answer
0 Votes