Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze will not charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit blaze will not charge. I have tried everything over the past two days - cleaning the points, using different USB chargers, using different USB points and resetting (multiple times) but all to no avail. It’s three years old (March 2016) but to say I am

disappointed is an understatement. Any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

Hi I have exactly the same problem with a similarity dated purchase of a blaze. I thought that the charger box maybe wasn’t connecting so I bought another (Fitbit make). But it is the same. If I press really hard on one corner I can get it to charge with difficulty, but this means I have to hold the charge box very firmly for the whole time. As I have bought another charger it is clearly a fault with the watch. I have also cleaned etc but to no avail. Hoping you will get an answer soon! 

Best Answer

I hope so too! It’s a joke when you pay so much for these things, but I guess they just want me to cough up another £150 for a new one! If I have to get a new one, I’ll go Garmin as I think they last better. 

it’s definitely a watch fault but I can’t say I’m not worried. I plugged the USB into a smart plug (attached to a lamp and an Echo) and though it didn’t charge, it tripped the plug and the light went off. It was fine when I unplugged my Blaze though. It did the same when I plugged into a laptop dock - tripped out the attached external screen, didn’t charge and everything was fine once I unplugged the Blaze again. 

Best Answer

Same for me. Having issues the past two days. Received Christmas 2017 I think. Not charging and I’ve cleaned the chargers. 

Best Answer

I too have the same problem of Fitbit blaze not charging inspite of repeated attempts. It appears that the battery has been exhausted and need a replacement. 
Being a proprietary product there should be a solution by the manufacturers. The customers should not be left high and dry with such a costly product.

Best Answer

Same for me. Ridiculous 

Best Answer

No help from actual Fitbit support?? Thanks!

Best Answer

How did you find Actual Fitbit Support.  I'm am so frustrated.

Best Answer

Use a binder clip or put a book on top

Best Answer

Thanks. I have been placing heavy objects to try eg bottle etc, but it seems to need pressure on certain parts - the binder clip might work and I’ll give it a try. The problem also is the watch is holding the charge for shorter and shorter periods. I think Fitbit need to offer a battery renewal service like Apple.

i note Fitbit have not replied on this issue so I suspect planned obsolescence here, as most of us posting bought the watch around the same time. It’s a shame, and combined with now having to actually pay for premium when we have bought the watch (!) means if a replacement is needed I’ll buy elsewhere. Bad service and being asked to pay for a service when we bought the watch turning me off.

Best Answer

Yes, I’d also noticed that everyone else was getting a Fitbit response, but not me. 

I think planned obsolescence is probably right but it smacks of bad service and poor products that die after 3 years. Definitely a Garmin for me now and I’ll be advising others not to waste their money on Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I face the same issue. It was bought in September 2016. However since early this month (November 2019) it stopped charging. I have changed chargers, yet still not charging. I have reconfirmed that the chargers are functional by testing it on fitbit blaze watches belonging to other persons. The power has gradually run down and the watch sits there gaping at me from the top of my drawer.

Pls any suggestions? Any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called customer support and got a lot of help.
Best Answer
I contacted the support in their website and we had a chat. They emailed
me some suggestions which I had already followed. They’ve now asked me
when I received and from where. We will see what they say now but I’m not
hopeful.
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  Is it possible that we need a new battery?  Has anybody tried replacing the battery?

Best Answer

Can you share what Customer Services said? I emailed but they couldn’t help as I had tried everything in their online suggestions. Looks like my watch is dead after 3 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go to ‘help’ on Fitbit website, then battery issues, then they give you some remedies (didn’t work for me), then if you say not useful it gives you a tel no or email option

Best Answer
0 Votes

Binder clip useful. Just to say thanks. Doubt it will last but at least can partly charge till get a new tracker

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hahaha, “what did they say”? Well nothing. They offered no explanation as to why it had suddenly died and started tripping out other products. They didn’t say if I could replace the battery. All I got was “You’re out of warranty” (I know) and a voucher for 25% off my next Fitbit. That’s it. Needless to say I won’t use the voucher and I’ve raised a complaint about their total lack of service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m out of the warranty but they gave me a coupon if I order a new one
within 30 days
Best Answer
0 Votes