Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze will not charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit blaze will not charge. I have tried everything over the past two days - cleaning the points, using different USB chargers, using different USB points and resetting (multiple times) but all to no avail. It’s three years old (March 2016) but to say I am

disappointed is an understatement. Any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

It’s very frustrating. I spent a lot of money buying the ‘special edition’ 3 years ago. Further the thick band gave me a carpal tunnel syndrome so I had to buy a thinner band, and I also bought a leather one for other occasions. Now they are all useless, totalling nearly £400!

I got a token but the majority of discount was for two horrid colours that they clearly want to get rid of, and the actual watch I want is not valid at all for the coupon.

My daughter’s 4 year old Apple Watch is still going strong, and although she needs to charge at night it’s much more cost effective. I am hugely disappointed, and it seems from this thread that many of us at 3 years are seeing planned obsolescence. 

I wont buy again, and will stop recommending this product to my friends. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The new battery is working. I was very pleased with their customer
service.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s great for you. Thanks for sharing.  Where did you get the new battery from? I was not offered this? Is your model a Fitbit blaze and how old is it? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you get a new battery??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called and talked with customer support. My watch was a gift from me to
my husband several years ago. He never wore it...he has a pacemaker.
When my Samsung Gear stopped worki g I tried to charge the battery. When
that didnt work I called. They were very nice and professional. I cant
begin to say what great customer service I experienced. It might have
happened because the watch had never been worn.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That was very nice of them. It looks like you are a special case though, as reading through the comments it looks like no one else got a new battery. I’d be prepared to buy one I don’t need it free, it’s just I spent such a lot of money on different wristbands too and got a special edition. Plus more eco friendly to replace battery rather than buy a new watch. I’ll email and ask. Best wishes, Jill 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Re new battery. I spoke with customer services. The blaze does not have the ability to change batteries. Only a model called ‘zip’ which is now out of production, and also they have told me they do not have any technical services. So those of us on the blog with a Blaze are out of luck. 

Best Answer
It's the whole watch minus the band.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So the Blaze is a throw away watch huh?  I don't think I'll be buying another one.

Best Answer

So, as a completely unaffiliated electronics technician... the battery should be able to be replaced by the removal of the 4 screws on the back and finding a battery of the same kind that is in there. I doubt they had a specialized form factor made for their product, so it should be an off-the-shelf type and size. Though likely not something carried by most jewelers.

Other things that might help, clean the contacts on the back of the watch itself with a high (905) rubbing alcohol, also try cleaning out the holes in the center with a needle.  Try to lightly clean the pins in the charger the same way.

Best Answer
Thanks for you response.
RJH

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I will try these suggestions. Down at my location we don't have access to such batteries or service shops

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did that

also use a huge binder clip

ridic

why can’t they fix this?

why do we have to jump thru hoops 2

get this thing 2 charge?!

Best Answer
0 Votes