Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I let my Fitbit battery die a few days ago as I forgot to charge it. It has now been on charge for three consecutive days and the screen will still not turn on. How do I fix this?
Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Hi there @george12. Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your Blaze is not turning on 😕

Please try to restart your tracker by pressing and holding the left and lower right buttons together for about 10-15 seconds and it will restart itself. Then, see if this makes it to light up again.

Let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Hi I also have the same problem and have tried holding it for 15 secs but it still wont turn on. Please help

Best Answer

If its still not working take it bak to where if you bought and exchange it.

If you got it here contact support

Email Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

That worked for me

Best Answer

That's great to hear @Marmee! 😄

Let us know if you need anything else in the future and welcome to the Community! 🙂

Best Answer

I've tried pressing the left and lower right buttons at the same time for 10-15 sec, still nothing is happening. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Misslead1122. Good to see you in the Fitbit Community! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your tracker is not turning on 😕 If you put it to charge, are you able to see anything on the display? For how long has your tracker not been responding? Is there anything else you've tried so far?

Best Answer

It worked!!! Thanks for the help!!

Best Answer

That's great to hear @Mssandy2u! 😄

I'm glad it's all working now and if you need more help, let me know! Welcome to the Community Forums!

Best Answer

Thank you. New user. Had same problem asked the question and got this blog. Tried it and its fixed!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your tracker to work with the tips you found here @Monaco1945!

Glad you're back on track and anything else you may need, we're here to help! 😄

Best Answer

My Fitbit has the same problem however restarting it has not worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mark_Gomez. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Blaze not turning on 😕

If it doesn't come on when you restart it, have you by any chance put it in the charger and see if anything comes up on the display? If something shows up... what is it?

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer

Hi I've tried resetting too and mine doesn't work.

it comes on when I have it in the charge pod, it shows the front screen and I can flick up for music and down for notifications but will do nothing else.

vicky 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I encountered similar issues. After I finally updated firmware for about 20 times, the screen will only turn on when it's connected by USB, and the screen shows either the clock page (or occasionally if I'm lucky, I got to swipe to other pages). In any other situations where the charger is unplugged (p.s. it shows the battery 100% full), the screen just turned black. And it even won't let me reset, so I have to put it on the charger with case open and hit the reset buttons. Is it quite a dead end that I should return it since I've done pretty much everything I can find online while in vain. Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Hi @Mark_Gomez. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Blaze not turning on 😕

If it doesn't come on when you restart it, have you by any chance put it in the charger and see if anything comes up on the display? If something shows up... what is it?

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Hello, I am having the same problem...my Blaze will not turn on. It was working last night when I went to bed and was still tracking my activities and syncing. However, when I awoke this morning, the screen on my phone was black and would not turn on and the app on my phone could not connect to my Blaze. During the night I awoke a few times and noticed that every time I moved my hand, the screen on the Blaze would light up.

I have tried resetting the Blaze numerous times without success; it has been charging pretty well all day and it still has not restarted. It appears to be dead. Other than restarting/resetting it is there anything that can be done to restore the Blaze. If not, is it possible to have the Blaze replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have good news. My Blaze came alive again. I had unplugged it from the charger and put it back into the frame and left it overnight and all day. This evening I picked it up again and the screen lit up showing the battery level indicating that the battery was dead or at least 99% gone. When I touched the screen, the clock face showed up with yesterday's date and the wrong time. I opened the app on my phone and it connected to the Blaze and started syncing. once it had synced the date and time were correct. 

I don't know what happened to cause the Blaze to shut off like that, nor do I know why it came back...maybe resetting it worked but it took some time to reactivate. Anyway, glad it's back and working normally again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @RHstats, great to see you in the Forums and I'm happy to hear that your tracker is now working fine again! 😄

@VickyHoun @derekya, I'm very sorry to hear that your trackers are not working as they should 😕

Are you still having problems with this? If so, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out with this!

Best Answer

Well Ferdinand, it's working but doesn't seem to be 100%. Last night it didn't track my sleep at all and I had to manually put it in. Today it was tracking my steps but didn't track my active minutes and is showing zero, which considering that as of writing I took over 11,600 steps so that doesn't make sense. Also, when I quick view doesn't work most of the time and swiping left to see today's activities and choose an exercise activity doesn't work. All in all, it seems that there is a problem. I've tried resetting again but that doesn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes