Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase vibration strength?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The vibration for calls and texts is rather weak. Sure would like to be able to strengthen it. Any way?

Best Answer
267 REPLIES 267

I got a new fitbit altra HR and can't feel the vibrate. my flex was amazing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really wish this would be released already, I'm not sure what is taking so long for this simple function to be added! 9/10 times i dont feel my activity alert going off to get my steps.

Best Answer

II I agree, vibration/buzz too weak on my Fitbit charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with the Charge 2.  Do not purchase if you expect the alarm vibration to wake you up.  I have to go back to my alarm clock now and live with a wife that is not happy with that solution!!!!  My original charge worked great but there appear to be 10 pages of complaints about this 'new' feature on the Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you....I have purchased and am very unhappy with the fact that now have to use an alarm. I feel that Fitbit has misrepresented th Blaze

Mandy
Best Answer

Hi I am hard of hearing and loved my Charge and the alarm.  It literally fell apart and I just bought the Charge 2.  No way will the alarm wake me up. I was awake before my alarm went off today and I barely felt the vibration.  I am going to return it and try to find a Charge on eBay or somewhere.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally gave up on Fitbit.  Moved to the Samsung Gear watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it have a strong vibrating alarm? I’m hard of hearing and that would be the most important feature for me. My Charge alarm was perfect. 

Best Answer

Hello TinaHL - I had two Charge Fitbits prior to upgrading to the Charge 2 and the vibration is very weak.  Two friends also have the Charge 2 and are experiencing the same issue.  I use the hourly reminders and occasionally set an alarm  and about the only time I fell it is if is very quiet and I am not active.  Very disappointing and apparently many others are having the same issue.

Can someone from Fitbit please comment on whether or not an improved (stronger) vibration is being considered?  My wife is considering an Alta, but is now looking at a Garmin model as she too would like the stronger vibration.  Thank you.

Best Answer

Hey Amatta, could you mention what Garmin model they're considering?

I just purchased a Fitbit Charge 2 and the vibration is so weak it can't wake me up.  That's the PRIMARY reason for my purchase.  I NEED A SILENT ALARM.  I thought I bought one.  The Charge 2 Alarm can only be snoozed *once* for 9 minutes [the only snooze option]. 

I'd love to get a silent alarm, but from what I read Fitbit seems to have gotten out of the business.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looked at the Garmin Vivosmart HR & GPS, but ended up with the Alta due to the style. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

may have to tighten the watch, but I agree it is not vary strong. I WISH that there was a audible sound

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Blaze and found the alarm is hardly able to be felt, but after the 4 vibrations it goes off, never got time to see if it had a option for snooze. I understand that it will go for 9 minutes longer, but what is really need is to have it to continue to vibrate until you put it to snooze or wake up. PLEASE fix this, all it would be is a software upgrade, easy peezie. 

Best Answer

@FraZzledSue wrote:

I just got my Blaze and found the alarm is hardly able to be felt, but after the 4 vibrations it goes off, never got time to see if it had a option for snooze. I understand that it will go for 9 minutes longer, but what is really need is to have it to continue to vibrate until you put it to snooze or wake up. PLEASE fix this, all it would be is a software upgrade, easy peezie. 

It's not getting fixed. There was a feature suggestion for this same thing. The issue was marked solved. The solution was there was no fix coming and to "upgrade" to the most expensive FitBit. Which has no better silent notifications than the Blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I hit 10,000 steps, or get 9 out of 9 straight hours with 250 steps, the vibration is always noticeable (and exciting, right?!! I need a life). So it seems like the vibration function has different settings already on the Blaze. It's the hourly prompt that I often miss (and then I miss that exciting 9 out of 9 buzz!!!)

Please fix this FitBit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a fan of Fitbit but I received the Blaze for Christmas and am very disappointed. The reason I asked for this one was so that I could get notifications for text, calls, calendar alerts etc. the vibration is so week I can’t feel it. So sadly if there is no fix it will be returned. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Richierich11 wrote:

I am a fan of Fitbit but I received the Blaze for Christmas and am very disappointed. The reason I asked for this one was so that I could get notifications for text, calls, calendar alerts etc. the vibration is so week I can’t feel it. So sadly if there is no fix it will be returned. 

Just return it while you can. We're quickly coming up to two years since the release of the Blaze and this has been a request since the beginning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I received my fit bit about 3 weeks ago and waited to make this
remark. I have no problem feeling and hearing the vibration, hopefully
yours is not damaged. I don’t have anything to compare it to, but I think
it is fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't have any issues feeling the vibration when I make my daily step goal, do my 10/10 activity hours, receive texts or phone calls. I usually am active all day so rarely get buzzed that I'm lacking some of my 250 hourly steps. That alert seems a bit less intense to me. Also I'm not expecting it so I could be distracted or very rarely napping. I don't mind this. I'd just as soon set my phone alarm for the beginning of the hour if I'm in a situation where I would possibly forget my 250.
What I would NEVER trust the vibrational alert for, however, is to wake me! That's just downright scary! Again, not a problem since I am used to waking up with my phone alarm. I guess all ppl are different.

Glad all is working well for you!

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have NO issues feeling alerts for these things with my Charge 2. The hourly step count is what seems to be a bit softer. The text and phone calls are quite intense. Maybe see if others experience same thing with your device on and if they can't feel, you may need to contact Fitbit asap while under warranty and get replacement.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes