Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase vibration strength?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The vibration for calls and texts is rather weak. Sure would like to be able to strengthen it. Any way?

Best Answer
267 REPLIES 267

I also am hearing impaired I hear hearing aids I do not sleep with them on so I was relying on my Charge 101 to wake me in the morning never a problem but because of the band issues with it my wife got me a Charge 2 for christmas .  what a joke compare to the original charge   It doesn't wake me up at  all.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh that's interesting...so they did reduce the strength then. That is too bad.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI

I found when I bought a new band that had a stiff strap to it I could feel it much better. I bought this one but I warn you it took a month for a strong leather chemical smell to go away. I do like the band though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074ZVHXDH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bowldsup wrote:

I also am hearing impaired I hear hearing aids I do not sleep with them on so I was relying on my Charge 101 to wake me in the morning never a problem but because of the band issues with it my wife got me a Charge 2 for christmas .  what a joke compare to the original charge   It doesn't wake me up at  all.  

Yes, the Charge 2 and Blaze vibration is a night and day difference from the Charge HR. I was surprised how faint the vibration on the Blaze was. Went through a few replacements, never fixed the other issues I was having along with the vibration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:  I tried setting about four alarms in a row one right after another as someone had suggested and it seems to be working.  Also pulled the strap a little tighter.    It's softer than what the charger 101 was but now it seems to be waking me up.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree with everything said on this thread.

My charger HR woke me every time with the vibration alarm.

Have just changed to Alta HR & the vibration is useless......so quiet it's ridiculous to call it an alarm.

No one here seems to have any answers......over to you Fitbit. 

Best Answer
Yeah good luck with waiting for them to respond. They are here lingering in background waiting for us to get so angry we cross some invisible boundary line and then we get an email that our comment has broken some code or terms of use and they have deleted it for us. It’s ridiculous as I’ve gotten them and have never posted anything inappropriate. Just insist on answers. It’s sad cuz with our help they could be GREAT. The community is the most valuable to they have yet they keep alienating themselves from us. Other trackers are more reliable but none have the community. One day that will change.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer

My HR 2 was by far a better vibration silent reminder.  I did quite a bit of research & Fitbit is what I needed.  I didn’t want a computer on my wrist, I just wanted a fitness watch that does what it says.  Other then the vibration I love my Blaze.. Hopefully Fitbit will listen to the consumer and fix this issue.  However I will not hold my breat since the Blaze came out in 2016 & the vibration issue remains the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope this becomes something you are able to fix, or provide a replacement.  I just gave up my Garmin VivoSmart and don't want to be sorry that I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SYAltaHR wrote:

I hope this becomes something you are able to fix, or provide a replacement.  I just gave up my Garmin VivoSmart and don't want to be sorry that I did.

Might want to go back. FitBit has no intention of fixing this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoke to Fitbit...they suggested a re-boot, which I've done.
Don't know if that helped, or the fact I'm wearing it a little
tighter....but there does seem to be a slight improvement.
It's certainly not the strength of the old Charger HR though.
On a different question....why doesn't the new Alta HR count floors
climbed??
Best Answer
0 Votes
No help from fitbit on this problem for almost a ýear. Im giving up and
have moved on to a Gear fit 2, has good vibration for silent alarm, love it!
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s like whenever I’m sick in bed or stuck sitting in appt so can’t react to it it’s plenty strong and any other time I don’t notice it at all! 🙄

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I started wearing mine one notch tighter and did three alarms a few minutes  apart. It been waking me up. It's more like a buzz rather than a shake but it is working.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Started wearing mine charger 2 one notch tighter and set 3 alarms in a row so far It's been waking me up.  It's more of a buzzing rather than an actual shake but I feel it on my wrist 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would work for an alarm, but I'm looking for phone call and text notifications - I can't set it to go off 3 times in a row.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks...will give the 3 in a row thing a try!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I will NEVER trust to wake me up but glad it’s working for you!!!

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
See the one thing I have NO issues with is texts and phone calls for most part. Usually feel those STRONG, but sometimes not at all and don’t know if not going off or suddenly weak. Weird.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not trusting it, it does not work for me - I am returning it.

Best Answer
0 Votes