Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase vibration strength?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The vibration for calls and texts is rather weak. Sure would like to be able to strengthen it. Any way?

Best Answer
267 REPLIES 267
I never posted it was solved and I to am disappointed with Fitbit on this issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Ummm....this is not solved.  The vibration is very weak.  It doesn't need a new feature.  It just needs for this one to work.  This seems to be a bug.  I have missed several text notifications and the alarm did not wake me this morning.  It is just very, very faint.

Best Answer

So as I presumed, it isn't strong enough to wake me up. It's not that I'm a heavy sleeper. It's just so slight that it didn't wake me this morning. I woke up naturally. Verified the alarm was set. I had tested it last night after my post, and when it went off, I could barely feel it.

Not sure at this point if I will keep the Blaze or not. The Charge HR woke me just fine, but I'd really like to enjoy the larger, full color display and other functionality that the Blaze offers.

Best Answer

I have no complaints about the vibrate on my fitbit. I'm not sure if my motor is higher than yours or if I'm just more sensitive for me. I'm noticed it while exercising and it wakes me up in the morning.

Best Answer

Don't get the Blaze if you want to rely on vibrations to get your attention.  It is so weak, unless you sit there anticipating the notification, you will not notice it!  It is maybe 100 times softer than the Charge HR.  Very disappointing!

Best Answer

I do agree that the vibration in the blaze is weaker than in the charge, but this morning i did notice that it woke me up just fine.  This morning was the first time I used it to wake me up so we'll see if I have as much sucess going forward.  I wish the vibration was a little stronger

Best Answer
My Blaze alarm buzzes pretty strong for me. I usually use my iPhone and tried my Blaze the last two mornings and it worked very well. Pretty strong vibrations for me.
Best Answer
The silent alarm is worthless in its current state. Anybody who claims it to be fine is not telling the truth! I also own a charge HR and it has a fantastic silent alarm, so if you own a Charge and like that feature as I did, you will most likely have to say goodbye to it if you buy the Blaze. There is noway the silent alarm on the Blaze will constantly alarm anybody to do anything.

It puts out 3 or so tiny vibrations and then again if you missed it it will viberate again in about 10 minutes with 3 more, why there is a snooze feature is beyond me. Because if you wait one second it will again alarm again in 10 minutes, but believe me you most likely won't feel it to press snooze in the first place.

Please Fitbit fix this!
Best Answer

I'm now going on 3 days in a row where the silent alarm/vibration didn't wake me up. Never was an issue with the Charge HR. Between the silent alarm issue and the wildly inaccurate HR readings, I'm going to be sending my Blaze back to Amazon for a refund, unfortunately.

Best Answer

@Martinefski wrote:
The silent alarm is worthless in its current state. Anybody who claims it to be fine is not telling the truth! I also own a charge HR and it has a fantastic silent alarm, so if you own a Charge and like that feature as I did, you will most likely have to say goodbye to it if you buy the Blaze. There is noway the silent alarm on the Blaze will constantly alarm anybody to do anything.

It puts out 3 or so tiny vibrations and then again if you missed it it will viberate again in about 10 minutes with 3 more, why there is a snooze feature is beyond me. Because if you wait one second it will again alarm again in 10 minutes, but believe me you most likely won't feel it to press snooze in the first place.

Please Fitbit fix this!

Or maybe you are just a heavy sleeper.   

The Blaze woke me up just fine this morning, unless you are calling me a liar.  😛  Yes, the vibration is a little weaker than the Charge HR, but if you wear the Blaze snug (not tight), then the vibration should wake you up.    

Best Answer
I am not calling anybody a liar, but I do feel its only a matter of time when one does not feel it's vibration. I actually feel it's a design flaw with the way device snaps into the Band. I think most of the vibration is lost into the Band and not making it to the user.

I suspect if one has a boney wrist or some how shaped just perfect for it to apply pressure to the Fitbit itself one might be fine.

I have personally noticed if I squeeze the watch on my wrist somewhat tightly I can feel the vibration fairly well, if not, it's lost into the Band.

The other main issue is how long it vibrates, I think it should viberate at least 30 seconds or so then again every 30 seconds until you turn it off or snooze it. But as it stands it might viberate 3 seconds then not again for ten minutes and it will do this only once, so what is the point of a snooze button?
Best Answer

@Martinefski wrote:

The other main issue is how long it vibrates, I think it should viberate at least 30 seconds or so then again every 30 seconds until you turn it off or snooze it. But as it stands it might viberate 3 seconds then not again for ten minutes and it will do this only once, so what is the point of a snooze button?

I'll need to test the duration of the buzzing, didn't really notice it this morning as it woke me up.   Do agree that if it's only 3 seconds, it needs to be longer.  

Best Answer

I felt the alarm with no issue but I would like it to be stronger though.  My biggest complaint is that it only vibrates for like 5 seconds if that long.  Needs to vibrate until I stop it.  The snooze does work but is set for 9 minutes.  Would like to be able to to select the snooze duration as 9 minutes is too long for me personally.

Best Answer

The blaze has woke me up both morning so far, but I tend to be a light sleeper so I haven't had a good solid test.  I have set 2 alarms in the morning just in case I miss one I will get another alarm plus the built in reminder if you miss the alarm

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know why but dieing the day i haven't missed an alarm on the Blaze, but rarely notice it on the Chatge HR or Surge. Now for waking ne up i use an alarm clock with 80 db. My phone will not do it, it's just not load enough.
Best Answer
I just timed the vibrations, 3 two second pulses that last a total of 9
seconds. If you do not press stop or snooze it will go off again in 10
minutes.

Depending on how it makes contact with your arm you may not feeling at all.
Its actually louder than viberates, not that its all that loud.

Very disappointing for me, with the charge HR it was one of my favorite
functions.
Best Answer
Vibration is so weak that it doesn't wake me like the Charge HR. Can the vibration be increased????
Best Answer

I am hearing impaired and I use my Charge HR as my alarm clock when I need to wake up earlier since the vibration is strong enough. I want to upgrade to the Blaze from my Charge HR but hearing people say the vibration is week is concerning. Guess I might hold off for a while and see if this issue gets fixed. 

Best Answer
Like many of you, my favourite thing about the Charge was the vibration to wake up. I never once missed an alarm; it woke me up like a shot every day.

With the Surge, I missed my 7:00 alarms 2 days in a row (the only 2 days I set an alarm this week, too) and naturally woke up at 7:05. Turns out the alarm HAD gone off, but the vibration was so weak (and has such a short vibration time) that I didn't feel it. The snoozed alarm went off at 7:10, which I felt just fine since I was already awake. But I never ever missed an alarm with my Charge. Also, I'm not a deep sleeper, so I'm sure this would never work for someone who is.

I'd also like to note that I find the vibrations perfectly good during the day... Knock me out and they're no good anymore. So maybe the length of time the alarm vibrates for is really just the issue. As someone else mentioned, 30 seconds of vibrating over and over would be great instead of 9 seconds before the snooze kicks in. That's just too short of a window for somebody in deep sleep!
Best Answer

@Fizzie94 wrote:

I have no complaints about the vibrate on my fitbit. I'm not sure if my motor is higher than yours or if I'm just more sensitive for me. I'm noticed it while exercising and it wakes me up in the morning.

I am with you, I have no issues with the vibration, I feel it everytime and it does not feel weak....maybe people who think it is weak are wearing it a little too loose?

Best Answer
0 Votes