Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase vibration strength?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The vibration for calls and texts is rather weak. Sure would like to be able to strengthen it. Any way?

Best Answer
267 REPLIES 267
You probably do not have the new Blaze.  Other Fitbits vibrate just fine but the new Blaze does not.

CarolHappy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carol48 wrote:
You probably do not have the new Blaze.  Other Fitbits vibrate just fine but the new Blaze does not.

I definitely have the new Blaze. It looks a little bit different from the rest 😉

Mine does vibrate fine for me. It may not be quite as loud as the others but my old Charge HR vibrated so loudly that it would wake someone else sharing a room with me, which kind of defeated the purpose to me.  

Best Answer

@Carol48 wrote:

I have the "new Blaze" as well, I find the vibration absolutely fine, no different than my Charge HR, but that is just my opinion.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow then it has to be a bug in some of our Blaze Fitbit.  The only time I  feel mine is if I am sitting/standing still.  Using the alarm is a joke.  I wish mine would vibrate like my old Flex, I wanted this one for 2 reasons, HR and notify of text/call when I  am walking.  HR works fine but not notification. 
I wonder if Fitbit support is paying attention to these post?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here on the vibration.  I am afraid I am going to need to set my alarm notifications on my iPhone.  Rats

Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
Best Answer

I also find the vibration very weak into my wrist, I think some of it is lost into the band, as it is quite loud or I am wearing it wrong.  It appears to be a finer vibration than the charge which may take some getting used to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Charge HR was great but I hardly feel the vibration from the Blaze

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I also find the vibration on the Blaze weaker than on my Charge HR.  Sometimes I do not feel notifications if I'm doing a lot of moving around.  I do usually feel my alarm, since I'm lying still when it goes off.  I would, however, like the option to make it a bit stronger.

Best Answer

I have the opposite problem. Mine is very loud, and I can feel it just fine. Kind of worried about wearing it to yoga and disturbing other people. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone- we appreciate the continued conversation. I'm not entirely sure whether we've made changes to the vibration motor strength in Blaze or not, but I know of a few people who would appreciate the feedback.

I'll incldue this topic in my feedback request, and I'll report back if I hear anything! Thanks again. 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
Like many I purchased the blaze based on how great a feature silent alarms and notifications were on the charge HR and wanted to add those notifications to texts and calendar events. Unfortunately the the blaze vibration is far less strong that it's predecessor such that an again, as I suspect like many, I will be returning it of the problem isn't resolved. If the vibration strength cannot be changed post manufacturing, at least extending the vibration to 3 or 4 vibrations as opposed to the current single vibration would be very helpful.
Best Answer

I also notice the same. The interesting part is that the vibration does look strong, but you can barely feel it.

My guess is that it has to do with how it sits in the watch holder. I tested today and watched it vibrate, and it seems to rattle in the holder. My guess is that because it is sitting loose, that most of the vibration is lost in the actual frame, thus is harder to feel...just a guess.

If I touch the Blaze, it actually does move a bit in the frame.

Perhaps those of you with "good" vibrations, it sits in the frame a bit more firm?

Best Answer

Oh, I should add, the vibration was on and it didn't wake me this morning. 

I have a Charge HR, and it always woke me. So definitely something to look into.

Best Answer

@Carol48 wrote:

Oh, I think you are right Carol, I must have the "old" blaze. Man Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze arrived yesterday and having read this thread already, I was intrigued to see if it would wake me up this morning! When wearing it yesterday I thought the vibrations seemed slightly softer than the Charge HR but I still noticed them all. It woke me this morning with no problem, so while this does not help those who find it too soft, I would say it isn't a reason not to order. Better to try it out for yourself and see if it works for you.

Best Answer

I am wondering if they have fixed the issue, but those of us that were in the first shipment have the issue.  I have not been able to get Fitbit customer service to answer me.  They used to be pretty good about answering customers questions.

Sent from my tablet

Carol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone for the continued feedback! I don't yet see a Feature Request for the sentiment about vibration, but I'd recommend drafting one up so that we may begin to quantify the number of users! Link below.

Feature Requests

Thanks!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

I regret to say that - in my experience - the Fitbit Blaze Silent Ararm vibrations are significantly weaker than the Charge HR.  The Charge HR woke me, without fail, every morning. Very disappointing!

Since getting my Fitbit Blaze, 2 days ago - it failed to wake me.  This is a deal breaker for me - and if a solution is not forthcoming - it shall be returned!! Overall - I like the Blaze - but if it cannot function as a silent alarm - one of its key functions for me - I cannot live with it.....

Best Answer
Best Answer

Mine is from the first shipment so I don't think that is the difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes