Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase vibration strength?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The vibration for calls and texts is rather weak. Sure would like to be able to strengthen it. Any way?

Best Answer
267 REPLIES 267

Voted- thanks @signaturedoc!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Voted to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I added my vote for increased vibration strength. I received my Blaze yesterday (love it, by the way) and tried an alarm for this morning. Never felt a thing, whereas my Charge always woke me up. I have received a few text messages and did feel the vibration, but just barely.

Best Answer
I'm having same issue. I use the vibration to wake up but I can't feel it not unless I'm expecting it like someone mentioned. I hope they can update the software. I had the HR and gave it away. Now I'm regretting it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to agree with what a lot of people have said here, the vibration is NOT as strong as the Charge HR.

However, it IS strong enough to wake you. I'd read this thread yesterday with interest and did a true test this morning. Totally fine, I wouldn't call the vibration "weak".

Of course, there may be small difference between individual units, but I'd rightly expect there to be a huge difference in how deeply people sleep.

YMMV. I'm happy with mine 🙂

Best Answer
I also have to chim in about the alarm vibration as well as all notification vibrations. The vibration, if possible needs to be stronger. I have a nice fit and should feel the vibration, but I do not always notice it.
Best Answer

Hi All,

I have just literally taken my shiny new Blaze out of its box and the first thing i wanted to test is the vibrate function having read so many negatives about it on here.

I have to agree with the majority - the vibration is really very poor and I will be interested to see if it can wake me up in the morning.  I currently have a Charge HR and as many others have said the vibrate on that is massive in comparison.

I know we can put feature request in but I am asking a FitBit represetative to confirm on this thread if FitBit will be able to increase the vibration function of the Blaze in future updates or is it limited to the physical components and therefore we are stuck with it.

Otherwise, first initial thoughts are positive.

All the best

Mark

Best Answer

Military guy here--- i LOVED the Charge HR silent alarm. It was sudden, smooth and lasted 10-15 seconds. Always woke me. I have used the blaze approximately 10 days now and I have only been woken up twice in 10 days by the vibrating. As I get up between 0430-0530 most days, this is invaluable to me as it lets the rest of the family sleep. I have had to use my iPhone as a secondary alarm to ensure I wake now (i set it 11 mins later than the Blaze's alarm). So far, the initial alarm and the second time (since I didn't hit snooze) have not been felt. I'm extremely dissappointed as well as you guys. My favorite feature.
During the day I barely notice the text alarms, but those are noticeable.

I'd say the vibration being stronger would help, but I just timed about an 8 second burst. Could a firmware update do a continual 8 second burst that only stops once snoozed, or after 1 minute of going off? I believe a repetative vibration might work if we can't get a stronger vibration.

thanks!

Best Answer
Yeah I feel if they at least changed how long the vibrations last it would
go a long way towards making this feature useful to many people.

And seriously there is noway anybody uses the snooze feature in its
current state.

By the time you would be able to press snooze it would have already
stopped, then it automatically repeats in 10 minutes anyway. So unless you
were trying to get it to buzz again a 3rd time it's totally pointless.

Very disappointing indeed.
Best Answer

I'll just add...

I've used the silent alarms in the Flex, One, and Surge previously.  The Blaze is without a doubt the weakest of the bunch. I've even had it on while fully awake and not immediately felt it.

That said, it has woken me up all three days I've had it on overnight.

Best Answer

@EmersonFitbit: I sent this in a PM, but thought it would benefit the community:

Greetings, I've seen you reply to a few forums regardin the inability of the Blaze's vibration to be more powerful.
However, do you think a firmware update could change the vibration pattern to a more staccato one, and for a longer duration (much like the charge hr)? If so, I'll keep the Blaze. If not, I will return it and continue to use my Charge until the vibration is fixed. I sincerly appreciate any answer you have.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I am so disappointed. Have tried to use the silent alarm for the last 2 days and slept straight through it!! This never happened with my Charge HR. I do not wear the Blaze loosely so that us not the reason. If The can't do something about this feature then I will be looking for another solution.
Best Answer
Think Twice Vibration Feature 
I just got the Fitbit Blaze and really disappointed. The vibration is so light/soft you don't even feel it. So don't depend on it to wake you up or alert you when you have a call or text. I think they used the same software from the HR in the Blaze for the vibration, only it's not strong enough for the Blaze. If that is not a feature that concerns you than its really nice. I went back to my HR and returning the Blaze. I need the vibration feature to work. I also contacted Fitbit and there is no way to increase the vibration or fix the software.
Best Answer

Is anyone else having problems with the silent alarm not working? Don't know whether it is a glitch with Blaze or if I have a lemon and need to exchange for a new one!?!?! HELP 

THINK I SOLVED THE PROBLEM, NEVERMIND Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Yes have it for three days and nothing,did a marathon and it wasn't accurate,
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had both too surge H R now the blaze in my opinion it all the same strength the only thing I notice is the H R alarm works but the surge is on an off now I've had the blaze Three days and it worked once and it's on the second alarm
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree 100% the Charge HR was much stronger and always woke me up. With the Blaze silent alarm. I can sleep right through.

Best Answer
0 Votes

First time I tried it this morning and it woke me fine. No problems with it.

Best Answer
I think the main reason people are complaining ( like myself) is that the
strength of the alarm is not enough to wake most people. It certainly is
not as strong as their previous devices.
Best Answer